Window Tints

Im In MD 35 Is Legal But Pointless To Pay For IMO
laugh.gif

I Got 20% All The Way Around But My Interior Is Light So It Dosent Look Dark Until The Suns Goin Down....

Im Strongly Considering Puttin On Another Layer To Go Down To 10%....

My Cuzzo Got 20 On His Too But Dark Interior FTW!!!!

Pics Of Mine

Pics Of His....(Im Jealous)
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by geminifly

In Florida the legal limit is 35% up front and 15% in the back. I had 5% up front and 3% in the back and I was getting
pulled over every other day. Finally I got so tired of going to court that I got them taken off and got 35% all
around.

Tip:If you go to the flea market you can find police/fire department stickers. Place one on the back of your whip
and cops will be quicker to turn a blind eye.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
who gets below 5% though?
Might as well paint the window with black spray paint to save you the time/cost/trouble

But really I hate the tints on my car. Might as well not even be tinted. I'm thinking of getting it redone to match 20% though

^5% is OD. must have been impossible to drive at night.

speaking of which... it's always been a toss up for me between 20 and 35... I wanna be able to see clearly at night... which one to choose?
nerd.gif

I got 20% all around (an MD driver btw when I'm home from college)

I did get pulled over on my 18th birthday for it though. I was pissed that I got pulled over, but dude let me off since it was my birthday.
And when he checked it with his meter, it read 18%.

So now when I pass by a cop car, I roll my front windows down lol

I got 35% all around but wish I got 20. Some days it looks good, but others it just looks pointless...

MD driver BTW

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by realtalkitsDC

I want them to be dark enough that people cant see inside but i dont want to have to constantly worry about cops writing me tickets for too dark of tint.

Contradiction.

Tip: A friend who was neighbors with a cop, was told that if you cant tell what race the person is, the tint is too dark.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[slim thug] game cube, nintendo. 5% tint so you can't see up in my window[/slim thug]

it takes getting use to at first cause when you go to drive at night you can't see in front of you let alone behind you haha. but ive had 5% for 5 yearsand have only been told about it once and didnt even get a warning. usually if the place has a sign saying they will not do 5% dont ask. go on ahead and askhaha they will do it and just not give you a receipt.

Originally Posted by geminifly

In Florida the legal limit is 35% up front and 15% in the back. I had 5% up front and 3% in the back and I was getting
pulled over every other day. Finally I got so tired of going to court that I got them taken off and got 35% all
around.

Tip:If you go to the flea market you can find police/fire department stickers. Place one on the back of your whip
and cops will be quicker to turn a blind eye
not true at all, ive had so many cops tell me that they see those on something that isnt a cop car and doesn't have like senior citizens in itthey are instantly suspicious. i mean all these people supporting law enforcement yet they have to stay harassing people to sell those raffle tickets
roll.gif
roll.gif

NY driver here. Got 20% all around and I absolutely love 'em - not TOO dark but not light enough that you can see my face. I also have a black interiorwhich makes the passenger-less seats/areas appear darker than they really are. But yes, I've been ticketed twice for 'em so far but they were fix-ittickets. So I simply had an auto shop write up a bogus receipt stating they were taken off, sent the receipt in w/ the ticket and voila... ticket dismissed.All in all, I have absolutely no regrets going w/ 20%.

yo I gotta question. about a year ago I got 35% tints done on my car, but I'm not really feelin them cuz they aint even that dark, I wanna go darker, like20%. so since I already have 35% tints, if I go and get 20% tints over that, would it be even darker than 20% because its 2 layers of tints? or is there a waythey can remove the first layer of tints before they put on the 20%?

First off, what color is your interior? Dark interior will make any tint extra dark; I have black interior & only went with 35% all around. Here in Jersey,I've gotten a ticket only once for it; i've even had a cop who gave me a speeding ticket asked me to roll my windows up & he didn't hit me winany tint ticket (any tint on the front windows is illegal in nj).

Btw, make sure you get even tints all around. Different tints on the front & back looks corny…

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

yo I gotta question. about a year ago I got 35% tints done on my car, but I'm not really feelin them cuz they aint even that dark, I wanna go darker, like 20%. so since I already have 35% tints, if I go and get 20% tints over that, would it be even darker than 20% because its 2 layers of tints? or is there a way they can remove the first layer of tints before they put on the 20%?

The tint shop would remove the 35 first and then put the 20 on…

Originally Posted by EmAych417

Btw, make sure you get even tints all around. Different tints on the front & back looks corny…

Not if its done correctly.

go with 20% all around.

I got 20% all around with 35% on my windshield, makes it look way darker and
pimp.gif

Ill try to take some pics tomorrow

Originally Posted by EmAych417

yo I gotta question. about a year ago I got 35% tints done on my car, but I'm not really feelin them cuz they aint even that dark, I wanna go darker, like 20%. so since I already have 35% tints, if I go and get 20% tints over that, would it be even darker than 20% because its 2 layers of tints? or is there a way they can remove the first layer of tints before they put on the 20%?

The tint shop would remove the 35 first and then put the 20 on…
oh aight. I'd prolly have to pay extra for that though

they dont put 2 layers they remove one to put the darker one on

edit- woops didnt see the 3rd page

Back
Top Bottom