WINDOWS 10

Just downloaded mine. Need to mess around with it some more. Any one here got problems with high disk usage? Mine is always 99%

CAREFUL WITH YOUR UPDATES!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/11/windows_10_download_bricks_pcs_kb3081424/

Microsoft’s first update to Windows 10 is bricking some users’ PCs.

The cumulative update is rebooting after getting part way through the installation process on x64-based systems without completing set up. The update is KB3081424.

The problem has been reported, here, on Microsoft's official forums. In the case of one user, the problem has felled a PC that’s joined to a domain.

User BrettDM wrote:
Downloads, reboot to install. Gets to 30% and reboots. Gets yo [sic] 59% and reboots. Gets to 59% again and then states something went wrong so uninstalling the update. Wait a few minutes and reboot. Back to login screen This happens without fail, every single time.
Domain-attached PCs running Windows 7 were, it emerged last week, being stuffed unwillingly  with Windows 10 updates.

That was contrary to what Microsoft said would happen, here. The firm has so far failed to provide a credible explanation for what exactly has gone wrong.

Those suffering from the latest problem reported that the Windows 10 infinite crash loop was stopped by removing security identifiers for users that no longer existed in the Windows registry.

The fix, however, hasn’t worked for all.

It’s the second update glitch to hit Window 10: update KB3074681 came days before the big launch and crashed file explorer while there were also problems with Nvidia drivers. [emoji]174[/emoji]

Last edited:
Safe to say that I opted to roll back to Windows 7, using the 30 day restore feature.. My laptop was definitely not ready for it.

Crashed every time I plugged in an SD card or connected a USB drive, etc... not the business when I need to do a lot of creative work involving external devices. I may try again once all bugs are fixed.

I did the cumulative update on my desktop and that took care of my previous issues. Everything is running smoothly now. Just upgraded my laptop as well. Huge improvement over 8.1

[program files] vs. [program files(x86)] ? what's the difference 

same with my [windows] and [windows.old] folders ?

[program files] vs. [program files(x86)] ? what's the difference 

same with my [windows] and [windows.old] folders ?

1 To ensure legacy 32-bit applications continue to work the same way they used to without imposing ugly rules on 64-bit applications that would create a permanent mess.

2 Windows.old appears when you upgrade to Windows, or a custom install of Windows 8 without formatting the drive for a clean install. It holds these folders
Windows Documents and Settings Program Files you can make sure that there are no important files in it that you might need. Also with this folder you can restore to the former version of windows you had.

Finally got the download. I really like it so far. Way better than win 8 just form the start button and the apps set up.

I need to wipe my PC before I do this.

Seems I didn't get one of the updates, so I don't have the application needed to upgrade.

Anyone know how to stop the search window from popping up when you scroll. If I repeated scroll down then it opens like this.

View media item 1682902
Is there a setting to turn that off somewhere? If I'm reading anything then it pops up and I have to click to get rid of it and that's getting annoying.

Thanks.

Any recommendations on a decent laptop under 500? Looking for maybe 13 or 15 inch screen, touch screen or not. I'd use it primarily for word docs, Internet music and Netflix. I know there's tons of options out there but I'm new to laptops so any input would be appreciated.

My laptop automatically installed a Windows 10 update no my wifi keeps going in and out.
indifferent.gif

After I troubleshoot my wifi connection is restored but I keep getting a message saying "a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken"

There is nothing wrong with my network connection or my wireless adapter.

Anyone else experience this?

I love Windows 10.

Mainly because the start menu doesn't take you into a completely new screen. SO ANNOYING on the last version.

And the Xbox integration is great :hat

Any recommendations on a decent laptop under 500? Looking for maybe 13 or 15 inch screen, touch screen or not. I'd use it primarily for word docs, Internet music and Netflix. I know there's tons of options out there but I'm new to laptops so any input would be appreciated.

Expand your price a little bit to 550.

That's what I got my new one for. Grabbed an Asus zenbook ux305.

Absolutely love it. Light, thin and fairly powerful. Needed one for grad school but also needed the portability to be able to take it with me whenever I travel for work

I updated to Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine. Today I get a new update. All the files in my C drive are gone. Any idea how to get those back? I looked in the Windows.old folder and they are gone.

I updated to Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine. Today I get a new update. All the files in my C drive are gone. Any idea how to get those back? I looked in the Windows.old folder and they are gone.

Switch to Mac

Try to restore a previous state.

System Restore to an older date

Are they actually gone or can you just not see them? All my icons disappeared on 2 of the installs I did but it was an easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom