Originally Posted by DMasta718

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Physicx

i wanna put this on my mac
29bm03r.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Funny thing, some guy wanted to do the same at the MS7 seminar or whatever and the MS rep shut him down with the quickness.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I got it now. I just went ahead and bought it with the 29.99 students deal.
The student deal doesn't require a fresh install correct?

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I got it now. I just went ahead and bought it with the 29.99 students deal.
The student deal doesn't require a fresh install correct?
Only if you are going from 32 bit to 64 or 64 to 32, then you have to create a boot disc out of the iso

Originally Posted by ninjahood

so far i ain't hear a real reason to upgrade from XP other then "its boring"

guess imma ride XP till da wheels fall off. in 2014
This.

Im running XP with zero problems either, I can't find any reason to upgrade to W7. 2014 I am.

Why 2014? Microsoft will completely stop supporting it then? I thought they already stopped supporting XP? There arent any more updates, right? You might aswell upgrade to 7 man.. Or Vista at least..

MS sent me Win7 Ultimate Signature Edition w/party pack for free last month. All I had to do was host a Win7 launch party for friends & family. Anyone elsesign-up for the party pack?

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate just this morning after experiencing some trouble with my XP SP2 not being able to fully load for the last couple of days. Iburned the iso, installed it cleanly into a near-6 year old tower Pentium 4, which I use a network server in my home, activated with a boot loader and the onlything I had to update was the audio driver(s). Everything else fell into place just fine.

I'm really really happy with the performance and no-nonsense ways to personalize it to my needs (looks, function, etc). It starts up and shuts down quickerthan any Windows operating system I've ever used. It also seems to manage resources such as memory and processes a lot more efficiently giving it theappearance that it's faster than either Vista or XP (in fact it's slightly slower, but more more efficient than the two). Another thing that I like isthe ease with which I was able to set up a network and shared folders & peripherals with my wireless system (I also have two laptops - one of them aMacbook - which are connected to this network and all these computers interact with one another seamlessly).

This is a really excellent operating system imo - super easy to work with, efficient and it makes everything look real good. It's a great step forward forMicrosoft after the less than admirable results they got from Vista. From Vista to Windows 7 it's not THAT big of a change (stylistically not that great ofa change, but the functionality is greatly superior). The change from XP to Windows 7 is superior in both departments, but more so in the overall look andfeel).

I usually work with Mac OSX, but Windows 7 is already making me want to work with my PC more than I have in the last 7 or 8 years.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by ninjahood

so far i ain't hear a real reason to upgrade from XP other then "its boring"

guess imma ride XP till da wheels fall off. in 2014
This.

Im running XP with zero problems either, I can't find any reason to upgrade to W7. 2014 I am.

Why 2014? Microsoft will completely stop supporting it then? I thought they already stopped supporting XP? There arent any more updates, right? You might as well upgrade to 7 man.. Or Vista at least..
windows XP will CONTINUED to be supported all da way up to 2014

quick question for anyone using windows 7 (64 bit home premium if that matters)...

OK I just got a new comp with free upgrade to W7. Everything installed fine (so far). I have started uploading pics from an SD card to "my pictures"on W7...on Windows XP auto-play used to always pop up and let me choose which photos I want to import. Is there a setting to do this on W7? It imports allphotos with no option which photos Id like to import, and if there is no new photos it wont let me import until theres new pics on it.

Any help would be appreciated....

you can also PM me.

thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

i cant get my pc to boot the windows 7 dvd
ohwell.gif
When I was installing the RC i had the same problem. Try using a USB thumb drive or external hd to install it.

Just unzip the .iso file onto the drive using an app like 7zip then just run the install file from your desktop.

Originally Posted by s dubl

quick question for anyone using windows 7 (64 bit home premium if that matters)...

OK I just got a new comp with free upgrade to W7. Everything installed fine (so far). I have started uploading pics from an SD card to "my pictures" on W7...on Windows XP auto-play used to always pop up and let me choose which photos I want to import. Is there a setting to do this on W7? It imports all photos with no option which photos Id like to import, and if there is no new photos it wont let me import until theres new pics on it.

you can also PM me.

thanks in advance.

you need to download the media card driver once you install it that feature will work again

Originally Posted by teamfrenzy

OK I just got a new comp with free upgrade to W7. Everything installed fine (so far). I have started uploading pics from an SD card to "my pictures" on W7...on Windows XP auto-play used to always pop up and let me choose which photos I want to import. Is there a setting to do this on W7? It imports all photos with no option which photos Id like to import, and if there is no new photos it wont let me import until theres new pics on it.

you can also PM me.

thanks in advance.

you need to download the media card driver once you install it that feature will work again
thanks for the reply...

it works the media card driver is installed. It just will only let me import all pictures, or in this case all new pictures that havent been imported yet, whenbefore I could select the pictures I wanted to import by checking/unchecking the picture. Just wondering if there was a way to do it like thta on W7? Ive triedlooking at settings etc..,but cant seem to find anything. Just wondering if anyone has found a way to do this?

Originally Posted by teamfrenzy

you can also PM me.

thanks in advance.

thanks for the reply...

it works the media card driver is installed. It just will only let me import all pictures, or in this case all new pictures that havent been imported yet, when before I could select the pictures I wanted to import by checking/unchecking the picture. Just wondering if there was a way to do it like thta on W7? Ive tried looking at settings etc..,but cant seem to find anything. Just wondering if anyone has found a way to do this?

CONTROL PANEL . then go to AUTOPLAY devices an change the settings there

Back
Top Bottom