Winter weight gain unappreciation

aight well the holidays are officially over and its back to weight loss season for the summer

post your workouts & gameplan for the rest of winter / spring

Day 1: Chest and Triceps

Day 2: HIIT

Day 3: Legs, Back, Shoulders, Biceps

Day 4: HIIT

and repeat

I'm also eating:

Olive-oil fried chicken breast

Egg whites

Peanuts

2-3 Protein shakes a day

300 calorie sandwiches

all coming around 2000-2200 calories a day which should give me a 800-1000 caloric deficit per day resulting in about 2 pounds of weight loss per week.

One week into it and feeling good about it.

They say it takes 3 months to form a habit and 6 months to make it part of your life.

They say it takes 3 months to form a habit and 6 months to make it part of your life.

never knew that...

Im about a month into my routine and I sometimes be thinkin like "how do these people do this consistently for years?"...its hard enough to getmyself to go 3 times a week

Care to elaborate....

Well you can do like 200 calorie sandwiches if you don't put cheese.

I always buy this Country Kitchen Light Wheat bread from the supermarket, they go for about $3.79 a loaf so it isn't cheap for bread, but its really low incalories (35 calories per slice). And you can pretty much slap any lunch meat on there and make it under 200 calories. If you get turkey breast you can put alot on there and still fit it under 200 calories. If you need cheese thats about another 100 calories. So if you do it without cheese you can eat like 10 ofthese a day and still be under 2000 calories which will definitely result in weight loss if you combine it with some kind of exercise.

never knew that...
Im about a month into my routine and I sometimes be thinkin like "how do these people do this consistently for years?"...its hard enough to get myself to go 3 times a week
Yeah, so all we gotta do is stick it out for at least 3 months and it'll get easier and don't screw up for the next 3 months andyou'll have a lifetime of health.

I absolutely hate winter weight gain. All the drinking and eating and no place to play. The local Y at home charges $10 dollars now. That is ridiculous!

Now that I'm back at school, I plan to go to the gym 4-5 days a week, play IM volleyball, racquetball, and basketball.

And when it gets warm out I'm out playing sand volleyball any chance I get.

yea word.. to that

college aint that healthy of a place man.. i look at the nutrition info and
eek.gif

to maintain an under 2000 calorie diet you straight up gotta stick to salads

also

and repeat

I'm also eating:

Egg whites

Peanuts

2-3 Protein shakes a day

300 calorie sandwiches

all coming around 2000-2200 calories a day which should give me a 800-1000 caloric deficit per day resulting in about 2 pounds of weight loss per week.

whats HIIT and does that 2 lbs a week include the exercise or diet alone?

Originally Posted by Much Respected

and repeat

I'm also eating:

Egg whites

Peanuts

2-3 Protein shakes a day

300 calorie sandwiches

My schedule and diet are very similar. I also eat a lot of fruit and try to get in at least two miles on the days that I dont do HIIT.

^ My endurance is shot, I can probably do about 1.25 miles before feeling like I can't go on anymore. Do you think combining legs, biceps, back, shouldersall into one day is too much?

tkay dot -

1.) go here to figure out you BMR (basal metabolic rate):
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
2.) then go here to multiply your BMR by the correct factor:
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

Thats how many calories you can eat a day and stay the same. So if you exercise 3-5 times a week you multiply your BMR by 1.55. that means that if you eatBMR*1.55 calories a day and exercise 3-5 times a week, you won't gain or lose weight. Its when you drop your caloric intake by 500 calories a day (or 3500a week) when you lose a pound. if you drop it by 1000 a day or 7000 calories a week, you lose 2 pounds a week. Know that this weight loss is 75% fat and 25%muscle. So if you think you can just skip the exercise and eat like 1500 calories a day, you'll look skinny and scrawny. So exercise is important.

HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. Its supposed to be better at weight loss than cardio because if you run at the same speed and use up thesame resources in your body constantly, your body begins to adjust. However, if you jog for a minute then sprint for 20 seconds, it keeps your body fromadjusting; therefore, using more resources (ie: fat). The way I explained it is really bad, but just know that some people believe that if you run for aminute and sprint for 20 seconds and repeat until you can't do it anymore its better than jogging until you can't do it anymore.

^ My endurance is shot, I can probably do about 1.25 miles before feeling like I can't go on anymore. Do you think combining legs, biceps, back, shoulders all into one day is too much?
When I was building my endurance I used to be the same way, but I would walk for awhile and then continue. Stopping is the worst thing to do.
I designate one day to legs but if it works for you to do it all in one day then I thinks its fine, but I would probably start to half @ss it if I did it alltogether.
laugh.gif

I like this, I wanna read some more. I dropped alot of junk from my diet but I wanna know the correct way to eat. is it possible to drop go from sz 36 to size30 by this summer?

I literally gained around 6 pounds since Thanksgiving. But now the holiday season is over and it's time to get right for spring break. I started today witha 3.3 mile run.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by KlassSickFresh 87

I literally gained around 6 pounds since Thanksgiving. But now the holiday season is over and it's time to get right for spring break. I started today with a 3.3 mile run.
eyes.gif
thats not anywhere near as bad as me b. Started college last semester and an unhealthy combination of Lack of Exercise, Late Night Fast food, andtrips home to a fully loaded fridge shot me up 20lbs man

Major in Engineering is
smh.gif

im def about to change i cant take it anymore

All day
20 minute treadmill
20 minute ellipticals (Target calorie loss at 600 - 700)

Monday, Wed, Friday
Bicep Curls (80lb x 20reps, 95lb x 15reps, 110lb x 10 reps)
Chest Presses (100 lb 115lb 130lb 145lb (12 reps each))
Pull Up 12reps of 3 sets
Triceps Curls *Machine* (80lb x 20reps, 95lb x 15reps, 110lb x 10 reps)
Push ups (100 overall)
Military Presses
Ab workout

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Squats (135 x 20reps, 225 x 10 reps, 275x 10reps)
Leg Presses (180 x 12reps, 360 x 12 reps, 450 x 10 reps, 540x as much as I can do.)
Leg Curls (100 x 20 reps, 130 x 15 reps, 160 x 10 reps)
Hip Abduction

Originally Posted by Da Infamous Jay

All day
20 minute treadmill
20 minute ellipticals (Target calorie loss at 600 - 700)

Monday, Wed, Friday
Bicep Curls (80lb x 20reps, 95lb x 15reps, 110lb x 10 reps)
Chest Presses (100 lb 115lb 130lb 145lb (12 reps each))
Pull Up 12reps of 3 sets
Triceps Curls *Machine* (80lb x 20reps, 95lb x 15reps, 110lb x 10 reps)
Push ups (100 overall)
Military Presses
Ab workout

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Squats (135 x 20reps, 225 x 10 reps, 275x 10reps)
Leg Presses (180 x 12reps, 360 x 12 reps, 450 x 10 reps, 540x as much as I can do.)
Leg Curls (100 x 20 reps, 130 x 15 reps, 160 x 10 reps)
Hip Abduction
u seem like the type of dude i
smh.gif
at the gym.

My diet consists of all of the following foods. It leaves me with a lot of choices and they are all beneficial. Since I started it I have felt a lot moreenergized and healthy, its been 6 months now.
pimp.gif
Combine it with HIIT andregular exercise and you'll see results. I got the diet from Mens Health.

1) Almonds and Other Nuts
Eat them with skins intact.

2) Beans and Other Legumes
Including soybeans, chickpeas, pinto beans, navy beans, kidney beans, lima beans.

3) Spinach and Other Green Vegetables

4) Dairy Products
Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese.

5) Instant Oatmeal
Unsweetened, unflavored.

6) Eggs

7) Turkey and Other Lean Meats
Lean steak, chicken, fish.

glasses.gif
Peanut Butter
All-natural, sugar-free.

9) Olive Oil
10) Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
11) Extra-Protein (Whey) Powder
12) Raspberries and Other Berries

I need to get back in the gym. I gained my freshman 15 sophomore year. I need to get back in shape because I'm running a marathon in May well half marathon

I been on a strictly push up and pull up workout routine for winter break.

Push ups twice a week ( different kinds of hand positions )

Pull ups twice a week (chin up and pull ups)

Waiting for school to start so I can start hitting the gym again. But I like the this workout I;m on it's good for stamina..

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

I need to get back in the gym. I gained my freshman 15 sophomore year. I need to get back in shape because I'm running a marathon in May well half marathon
its actually more like freshmen 30 nowadays. meals with 1000+ calories got females that live in my building that were
pimp.gif
in august are
sick.gif
a few months later.

Originally Posted by tkay dot

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

its actually more like freshmen 30 nowadays. meals with 1000+ calories got females that live in my building that were
pimp.gif
in august are
sick.gif
a few months later.

frown.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Hatecollege I was 210-215 in 2006 now I'm pushing 240 most of that weight gain from this past fall semester

awash you on that Abs Diet? I was on that over the summer.. dropped about 10-12 pounds throughout 2 months.

Yeah I'm following the diet portion of the Abs Diet, but I'm following my own exercise routine because there was less cardio then I liked. I like torun.

Back
Top Bottom