with 2020 is coming up, 2010's = meh decade? post memorable highlights.

None of those are nearly as groundbreaking as MBDTF, TPP or Blonde
Kid a and drunkqs def are. **** Kanye even samples drunkqs on MBDTF and his people arrogantly denied a request from Richard James to fix blame game. (Kanye didn’t know he requested to work on the album)

What 4 albums from last decade are better than: MDBTF, GKMC, TPP, Blonde?

Early 2000's had some serious heat. I guess you could make a case for which are the best 4 out of yours and everything that came out in the 2000's. But overall, the 2000's had far better quality.

Blueprint, Marshall Mathers, College Dropout, Late Registration, Like Water for Chocolate, Reflection Eternal, Big Picture, Stankonia, The Documentary, GRODT, The Cool, Let's Get Free, HNIC, The Realness, True Meaning, Supreme Clientele, Diplomatic Immunity, God's Son, Quality, Hell Hath No Fury, The Minstrel Show, Be, Lost Tapes, Full Circle, 3030, Graduation, 808s, Fishscale, Game Theory.

Just off the head. The earlier part of that decade was loaded.

00's was the rise. 2010's it completely took over peoples' lives, sadly.

I liked FB when it was set up like this, before it was heavily monetized.

fsfef.jpg
Social Media was a lot simpler then. I was eating like Thanksgiving. Even bad O’s were more approachable online then. Wylin’ out in messages with no fear of getting put on Front St. for the world to see.

Now 6’s are gassed to Mars because they post thirst traps and all their little friends and simps post a bunch of drooling and heart eye emojis.
21FE55B9-A13C-4E6D-A0DB-A6B67B33425E.png

Kid a and drunkqs def are. **** Kanye even samples drunkqs on MBDTF and his people arrogantly denied a request from Richard James to fix blame game. (Kanye didn’t know he requested to work on the album)
What is an album that sonically sounds like MBDTF? I cant think of any, hence why it's groundbreaking. Even Kanye has never made another album that sounds anything like it

Social Media was a lot simpler then. I was eating like Thanksgiving. Even bad O’s were more approachable online then. Wylin’ out in messages with no fear of getting put on Front St. for the world to see.

Now 6’s are gassed to Mars because they post thirst traps and all their little friends and simps post a bunch of drooling and heart eye emojis.
21FE55B9-A13C-4E6D-A0DB-A6B67B33425E.png

tenor.gif

What is an album that sonically sounds like MBDTF? I cant think of any, hence why it's groundbreaking. Even Kanye has never made another album that sounds anything like it

You can say that about most of albums I named as well. No song sounds like national anthem (the jazz horns sampled still my goodness) or 54 cymru beats (toward the end when he breaks it down and sounds like an anxiety attack would sound like is breath taking) to this very day.
MBDTF is one of the best albums this decade not arguing that for sure but you gave a cheap explanation for What makes it so great. The build up to the album not talking about Good Friday’s and the legendary Hawaii sessions only but Kanye’s heel turn after the Taylor incident, high profile breakup, Obama calling him a jackass etc etc all lead up to his maxi-mist classic then followed by his minimalist and better imo classic after.

BB41C7F3-C399-4FF9-BED2-D83E4FAB4454.png
Hyperbole aside, they aren’t ever seeing that. Big difference between me posting that on a niche forum vs. under her IG/Twitter.

None of those are nearly as groundbreaking as MBDTF, TPP or Blonde

>D what u talking bout b.

Supreme Clientele's production style became envogue, which basically influenced Jay-Z into making Blueprint, which in turn gave rise to Kanye West...and Kanye West produced da ENTIRE Be album.

You can say that about most of albums I named as well. No song sounds like national anthem (the jazz horns sampled still my goodness) or 54 cymru beats (toward the end when he breaks it down and sounds like an anxiety attack would sound like is breath taking) to this very day.
MBDTF is one of the best albums this decade not arguing that for sure but you gave a cheap explanation for What makes it so great. The build up to the album not talking about Good Friday’s and the legendary Hawaii sessions only but Kanye’s heel turn after the Taylor incident, high profile breakup, Obama calling him a jackass etc etc all lead up to his maxi-mist classic then followed by his minimalist and better imo classic after.
My explanation is cheap... yet yours has nothing to do with how the music itself? My explanation has everything to do with the sound, not the drama behind it. The album sounds like a masterpiece without the context that you mentioned. I'm separating the artist from the music so I can judge the music alone, objectively.

Drukqs is complex and experimental but sounds NOTHING like MBDTF besides the Blame Game sample. None of the others have nearly the same layers of complexity in production, aesthetic and direction None of them have the same aesthetic or soaring choirs. The features are also perfectly placed and compliment each song perfectly.

MBDTF is incredibly inspirational even after many listens. There is a reason why musicians of all types of genres have so much praise for MBDTF.

Last edited:
>D what u talking bout b.

Supreme Clientele's production style became envogue, which basically influenced Jay-Z into making Blueprint, which in turn gave rise to Kanye West...and Kanye West produced da ENTIRE Be album.
Bruh there's a lot more to it than that

2000's R&B

Deangelo - Voodoo
Timberlake - Forget the name but had until the end of time on there
Usher- Confessions & 8701
I'm a radiohead guy and all their dope albums came out that decade

2010’s R&B

Frank Ocean - Nostalgia, Ultra / Ch Orange / Blond
The Weeknd - Trilogy / Kiss Land
D’Angelo - Black Messiah
The Internet - Ego Death
DVSN -September 5th / Morning After