with all the negative press...will JB/nike wake up?

im kind of an old head here. havent really posted in some years. been back over this past year. you would think with releases like this...once in 12 years. iconic releases...nike would come prepared....be it getting a better server, more pairs for employees AND consumers....come on.granted they love the press...and i guarantee jordan sales go up for avlittle while after big releases like thisbut come on. every site crashed. eastbay had over 250k so nike had at least trjple that. thatvmany people wanting these.peoplevwaiting and comingbhome short...cuz even moile sites crashed.and yet i copped one.went back and copped another with some early struggle. i was shocked and hit the lotto. usually i am the one who misses out.

Its not JB its the way stores handle the releases that leads to problems.

Edit: I thought you were talking about the In-Store releases.

As far as online releases are concerned I think a strict 1 pair per customer rule and more servers would help solve the problem.

I don't understand how Eastbay went down at 8:57pm PST, Finishline at 9:01, and Footlocker soon after. Footlocker let me choose a size, but it would not add to my card. I got almost all the way through on Finishline, but it gave me an error every time after "Submit Order." As for NDC, well I just slept on that site, and I would have had the shoes if I had been 10 min earlier. Now, I don't really like the Concords; I was copping so my brother could resell. But this was just ridiculous. The Space Jams were a much easier cop, albeit still difficult, and those are 2x better than Concords in my opinion. I doubt JB will change anything about the exclusivity of these releases. They probably like all this hype.

The websites failed big time, never seen anything like it. And it was across the board. Usually NDC is flawless for me but even that was messing up.

Originally Posted by Trav T

Now, I don't really like the Concords; I was copping so my brother could resell.

and that is the reason why what happened, happened

I think the in-store releases need to be looked at more than the online ones. Thousands of people in line overnight at malls lol. Doors getting broken, people getting into fights/getting jumped. I heard some people even got stabbed.

Nike needs to cut the crap and make these widely available. What we're seeing in public is a disgrace to our society. Half of these idiots are lining up just to resell. This has been going for over a decade since the original retros came out, there's no excuse on nike's part. Everyone knows what's gonna happen when they drop these

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

As far as online releases are concerned I think a strict 1 pair per customer rule and more servers would help solve the problem.

Never going to be strict .....resellers can just put in more orders and use a different address. Dudes are just really greedy.

They can only make but so many pairs. A GR is only as widely available as the demand it commands.

There is no other way to handle these type of releases.

If the brand has become autonomous, the concord XI in particular has taken on a life of its own. Far beyond what Nike or Jordan Brand can control. But you can't fault a business for turning to its bread-and-butter at a time where the demand is so great. No way is everyone going to go away happy.

Resellers are just piggybacking Nike and striking while the iron is hot.

This vehicle is well-oiled in that it is failproof and at this point the only thing certain is death, taxes, and the sellout of Concord XIs.

Michael Jordan himself could not have envisioned that his play merged with the great design mind that is Tinker Hatfield can cause this much commotion. Almost ten years after he played his last game.

But, it's gotta be the shoes.

1400 pairs for ALL OF FOOTLOCKER Canada? Come on.....I was 4th in line at my spot here in Toronto and didn't even get to SEE the damn shoes....turns out ALL the pairs were sold on pre-order anyway....the line-ups were at all the Champs stores....but EVERY store only had 1-2 pairs in EVERY size....that's General release? Come on JB Step ur game up......There's no way that was a general release here in Canada and that's just Nike Canada giving us the scraps as usual.....

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

They can only make but so many pairs. A GR is only as widely available as the demand it commands.

There is no other way to handle these type of releases.

If the brand has become autonomous, the concord XI in particular has taken on a life of its own. Far beyond what Nike or Jordan Brand can control. But you can't fault a business for turning to its bread-and-butter at a time where the demand is so great. No way is everyone going to go away happy.

Resellers are just piggybacking Nike and striking while the iron is hot.

This vehicle is well-oiled in that it is failproof and at this point the only thing certain is death, taxes, and the sellout of Concord XIs.

Michael Jordan himself could not have envisioned that his play merged with the great design mind that is Tinker Hatfield can cause this much commotion. Almost ten years after he played his last game.

But, it's gotta be the shoes.
you cant actually believe that, explain why they can make so many of a pair of team jordans but can only make so little of their most anticipated sneaker that they produce MATCHING clothing, socks, hats, shorts, and all other foolishness to go along with it. Nike has close to infiltrate resources they limit the supply on purpose.

You cant blame Nike for retailers doing dumb midnight releases in bad hoods. Its crazy. Here in the DC. VA, MD area... most of the spots in my hood of MD had Midnight releases.. Stupid. Why encourage fools gettin got in the middle of the night?

Most spots in Virginia did regular store hour releases and didnt allow lines at 1am in the morning.

Now the way Niketowns handle stuff is stupid.. but not the way Nike HQ directs it.

As for what Canada has.. thats on Merchandising. There were more of these made than ANY other Wide GR before.. Period. If you make a Million people think 2 million should have been the allotment .

If 5 million of these were made world wide all 5 Million would have been sold and people still would have been without.

You just deal with it and roll with the flow.

Jordan/Nike doesn't care. They're selling... They got the "limited" release concept on lock.

Jordan Brand's advertising team is drooling at all this press. It's free advertisement for their brand.

im over jordans, i like the concords but the game is now trash, just greedy resellers trying to make another buck on another mans success. i for one will not be a pat of it anymore. to kill the resellers we simply must not purchase the jordans and then you'll have someduds with large amounts of shoes and no buyers causin them to sell at cheaper rates and eventually killing the reselling market. wearing jordans used to be a lifestyle and now its a hood business smh, i wear my jordans because im a sneaker head, a real sneker head, all you chumps buying the pairs out just to sell to double yourprofits are not true sneaker heads, just business men and we all know business men make money but they also destroy a good thing.....

Originally Posted by retroman134

im over jordans, i like the concords but the game is now trash, just greedy resellers trying to make another buck on another mans success. i for one will not be a pat of it anymore. to kill the resellers we simply must not purchase the jordans and then you'll have someduds with large amounts of shoes and no buyers causin them to sell at cheaper rates and eventually killing the reselling market. wearing jordans used to be a lifestyle and now its a hood business smh, i wear my jordans because im a sneaker head, a real sneker head, all you chumps buying the pairs out just to sell to double yourprofits are not true sneaker heads, just business men and we all know business men make money but they also destroy a good thing.....

Well, make them widely available so everyone that wants them has an opprotunity to get them, price them at $150, and the secondary market goes away.  This shoe is a gold mine for JB, yet just about evey other shoe they produce is trash and ends up in outlets.  Doesn't make business sense to me.  Yes, I'm sure they like the hype, but at the same time, there is just as much negative press that went along with it.

i feel you on all of this..

but had they made 5 million pairs.......this wouldnt have happened.

hell if they had made enough...

they flood every store with 3 fsr of cements, but yet one fsr of concords? GR my butt.

they knew the servers would crash. they knew people would riot in lines

they like the press. even though it is negative.... they love it. i guaranteee jordan sales spike every time something like this happens. the cement IV,,,,,,i feel the same thing coming.

they knew what they were getting into. and to say that they thought 1000 pairs was acceptable for any NT location.....is a joke.

im still shocked i got two on NDC......two separate orders at that.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

Nike needs to cut the crap and make these widely available. What we're seeing in public is a disgrace to our society. Half of these idiots are lining up just to resell. This has been going for over a decade since the original retros came out, there's no excuse on nike's part. Everyone knows what's gonna happen when they drop these
I 100% agree. Nike purposely releases the XI right before Christmas every year. Columbia's will probably be next year. No reason they can't make enough pairs and then maybe the reselling would calm down when you could walk into a store like a normal person and just buy a pair. Do people really think all these stores and websites don't know the XI release is a problem year after year after year with many teenagers disappointed for Christmas. What a shame it would be for Nike if these sold out over a week instead of hours and they didn't get all the free publicity. It stopped being really fun to collect when waiting in line for several hours became the norm and the websites crashed all the time on the release dates. Exclusivity means nothing to me - I buy the shoes because I like them.

LOL at people thinking Nike doesnt love this......

they made more of the XI Concord then any other retro release in the past few years, its just the demand is so high......

Sure they could put them out every month and sell out, but they want everyone to miss them so they will line up for the next release.

The XI releases arent about making money selling the XI, its about creating and keeping the mystique about the brand to ensure all of the other hundreds of releases per year are positively affected by the hype.

If you miss out on the XI, Nike is banking that that will make you more eager to go out and by the next "limited" release they put out.....

negative/positive press aside ... if Nike/Jordan can create this much buzz with the AJ XI's @ $180 .. why would they LOWER the price? If the XI's release again, I wouldn't be shocked if they were $200

"What we're seeing in public is a disgrace to our society." I tend to agree. Seen various news stories/reports with people breaking into stores ... WOW, even for Jordan's that's a bit nuts.

Some of the blame has to go to Nike/Air Jordan for not releasing enough pairs ... but people have to control themselves .. if you're willing to break into a store, or mug other people for kicks ... that's too extreme

**next year are they going to bring out SWAT teams to prevent the stores from being broken into?

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

this x100
they need to do this with EVERY hyped release
it will lower the amount of resellers and there will be a higher chance people will get their pairs

I was at the Plaza Bonita Mall and in line at 2:45 a.m. Friday morning (after trying to get them online which never happened, but that was no surprise). Once inside and the line formed at Foot Action where I was (as well as Foot Locker, Champs, Finish Line, Sheikh, Shoe Palace AND Robert Wayne), Foot Action employee comes out and says "We only have 24 pairs, TOTAL." As I was about the 30th head in line, strike one for me. Watched 17 year old kids who weren't more than 5'6" and 130 pounds rolling out with "their" size 13. WTH does a 5'6" 130 pound dude need with a size 13? Oh yeah, my bad, he needs to flip 'em to pocket $50. Was there until 8:00 when Shoe Palace opened, only to find they had 16 total pair, as did the Foot Locker. In addition, Finish Line and Champs did tickets, and told no one about that. You had to be lucky to get one, in the right place at the right time.

All in all, Plaza Bonita, with SEVEN DIFFERENT SPOTS selling them, and one of the three LARGEST malls in San Diego had a total of about 75 pairs. In TOTAL. 500 heads outside waiting for 75 pairs of shoes. !@#$ is unacceptable. If this was a GENERAL RELEASE, how is it seven different spots all got less pairs of these than they do any other shoe they sell? 24 total pairs at Foot Action (who had the most) isn't even two FSRs.

THAT'S why I'm salty. Biggest sneaker release in a decade and Nike ships to one of the three biggest malls in SD a total of about 75 pairs. %^&* is ridiculous. Nike KNOWS, without reservation, these shoes will sell NO MATTER WHAT. And still they ship 75 pairs in total to seven different spots.

Ridiculous. I told myself I was done after the White Cement IV's in February and now I'm not even getting those. I don't care if my refusal to buy their products anymore will do nothing to their bottom line. I'm tapping out on principle alone after this madness. Done scrappin' to get shoes produced by a company that obviously doesn't give a damb about its consumers, and can't make available an adequate supply of THE biggest release in over a decade. Unbelievable...

30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom