With NIKE's NFL Deal...Does This Signal The End For Reebok??

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Originally Posted by osubass1

Clearly your point was that Reebok had no "iconic" shoe to point to. 

Ever hear of the Reebok pump? For women, their aerobic shoe line were quite, then still are very popular. 

Personal attack?
laugh.gif

ok, cool.

you can't have a grown up discussion.

sorry to have wasted your time.

Can't accept being wrong, 'eh?

How "grown up" is that?  

there's no right or wrong here...i don't understand how i'm wrong about anything, as you're not wrong.

i'm asking legitimate questions, because i don't follow reebok. i don't know anything about them.

i also fail to see how an unproven, untested rookie is going to be the savior of a marginal brand.

Ever hear of the Reebok pump? For women, their aerobic shoe line were quite, then still are very popular. 

Personal attack?
laugh.gif

ok, cool.

How "grown up" is that?  

there's no right or wrong here...i don't understand how i'm wrong about anything, as you're not wrong.

i'm asking legitimate questions, because i don't follow reebok. i don't know anything about them.

i also fail to see how an unproven, untested rookie is going to be the savior of a marginal brand.
No one knows anything about reebok.

But as long as they keep production low they do sell shoes.  They have ryan giggs and thierry henry as their soccer athletes.  And John Wall and Jamir Nelson for basketball.  I think they will be ok for a little bit.  Maybe their easy-tone shoes will sell well too.

John Wall is our savior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolol kidding you may be right.

Personal attack?
laugh.gif

ok, cool.

How "grown up" is that?  

No one knows anything about reebok.

But as long as they keep production low they do sell shoes.  They have ryan giggs and thierry henry as their soccer athletes.  And John Wall and Jamir Nelson for basketball.  I think they will be ok for a little bit.  Maybe their easy-tone shoes will sell well too.

John Wall is our savior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolol kidding you may be right.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

A company does not need a league endorsment deal, in order to exist. What league does Asics sponsor? How about New Balance? Reebok has enough of a following outside of NIKETALK, in order to do well in business.

Do you guys ever look at anyone, or anything, that does not include a swoosh? Lemme hip you to something, if you did, you may find something quite refreshing!

the difference being that New Balance and Asics weren't recently purchased by a previous competitor.

i work for a hard drive company that purchased another one of our competitors in 2006. we kept their name a live for several years in an attempt to gain that market share.
we have recently killed that name and no longer make any drives with their logo on it. it was a strategic move to gain market share.

this reebok thing feels the same.

little by little, you'll see the vector disappear until it's all 3 stripes.

So I guess the same can be said for Converse then, correct?
there is NO sneaker more iconic then chuck taylors....c'mon guy
laugh.gif

reebok will be around, but their retro demand PALES in comparison to nikes....as by how well documented da nike catalog is VS reeboks...
According to who?

Icons are subjected to their respective era. But why are you bringing up retro demand?
because retro sneakers is where da MAJORITY of da sneaker industry makes their paper at...
Source?

courtesy of da NY times circa 2007

The Nike Air Force 1 Sneaker Turns 25 Years Old
https://s100.copyright.co...p/LoadingApplication.jsp target=_Icon>http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/sports/23shoe.html type=hidden name=ContentID>

By FRED BIERMAN

Published: December 23, 2007

In 1982, Nike released the Air Force 1, a basketball shoe that featured a revolutionary technological innovation: a pocket of air in the heel for cushioning and support. The shoe, although expensive at $89.95, was an immediate hit among players, from the N.B.A. to the playground, with professionals like Moses Malone and Michael Cooper endorsing them and wearing them during games.

Skip to next paragraph
23shoe.190.1.jpg

Nike

Nike released the Air Force 1 in 1982. The sneaker comes in more than 1,800 color combinations and can cost thousands of dollars.

23shoe.2.190.jpg

Rusty Kennedy/Associated Press

Moses Malone was an early adopter.

23shoe.190.2.jpg

Jeffrey Neira/UPN

The rapper Nelly recorded an ode titled “Air Force Ones.

A company does not need a league endorsment deal, in order to exist. What league does Asics sponsor? How about New Balance? Reebok has enough of a following outside of NIKETALK, in order to do well in business.

Do you guys ever look at anyone, or anything, that does not include a swoosh? Lemme hip you to something, if you did, you may find something quite refreshing!

the difference being that New Balance and Asics weren't recently purchased by a previous competitor.

i work for a hard drive company that purchased another one of our competitors in 2006. we kept their name a live for several years in an attempt to gain that market share.
we have recently killed that name and no longer make any drives with their logo on it. it was a strategic move to gain market share.

laugh.gif

reebok will be around, but their retro demand PALES in comparison to nikes....as by how well documented da nike catalog is VS reeboks...
According to who?

Icons are subjected to their respective era. But why are you bringing up retro demand?
because retro sneakers is where da MAJORITY of da sneaker industry makes their paper at...
Source?

https://s100.copyright.co...p/LoadingApplication.jsp target=_Icon>http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/sports/23shoe.html type=hidden name=ContentID>

By FRED BIERMAN

In 1982, Nike released the Air Force 1, a basketball shoe that featured a revolutionary technological innovation: a pocket of air in the heel for cushioning and support. The shoe, although expensive at $89.95, was an immediate hit among players, from the N.B.A. to the playground, with professionals like Moses Malone and Michael Cooper endorsing them and wearing them during games.

Skip to next paragraph
23shoe.190.1.jpg

Nike

Nike released the Air Force 1 in 1982. The sneaker comes in more than 1,800 color combinations and can cost thousands of dollars.

23shoe.2.190.jpg

23shoe.190.2.jpg

Jeffrey Neira/UPN

Only way Reebok closes down is if Adidas decides to. Will Reebok be at Target and WalMart anytime soon? NOWAY! Right now they are having a lot of success with a couple of lines. Maybe in ten years. Lot ppl in here seem to have lot hate for Reebok.

Only way Reebok closes down is if Adidas decides to. Will Reebok be at Target and WalMart anytime soon? NOWAY! Right now they are having a lot of success with a couple of lines. Maybe in ten years. Lot ppl in here seem to have lot hate for Reebok.

laugh.gif

According to who?

Source?

By FRED BIERMAN

Skip to next paragraph
23shoe.190.1.jpg

Nike

23shoe.2.190.jpg

23shoe.190.2.jpg

Jeffrey Neira/UPN

laugh.gif

According to who?

Source?

By FRED BIERMAN

Skip to next paragraph
23shoe.190.1.jpg

Nike

23shoe.2.190.jpg

23shoe.190.2.jpg

Jeffrey Neira/UPN

well GENIUS...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out.."hmm if Nike's Air Force I is da highest selling athletic footwear

shoe EVER, where do YOU think NIKE is generating MOST of its profits?
laugh.gif

fresh_duh_2.jpg

well GENIUS...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out.."hmm if Nike's Air Force I is da highest selling athletic footwear

laugh.gif

fresh_duh_2.jpg

laugh.gif

fresh_duh_2.jpg

You didn't say that, you said this,

because retro sneakers is where da MAJORITY of da sneaker industry makes their paper at
Did I misquote you, "genius"?

im sure this has been mentioned, but doesnt this mean more again up and coming company Under Armor?

im gratefull that NewEra gets to make hats !!!!

im sure this has been mentioned, but doesnt this mean more again up and coming company Under Armor?

im gratefull that NewEra gets to make hats !!!!

laugh.gif

fresh_duh_2.jpg

You didn't say that, you said this,

because retro sneakers is where da MAJORITY of da sneaker industry makes their paper at
Did I misquote you, "genius"?

thats right Nat Turner..because... NIKE is in fact in da oil business....
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

NIKE RUNS da sneaker industry.....

350px-Footwear_market_shares.PNG

and thats a OLD chart, their running at about 46% marketshare...and anyone with more then peanuts in da brain KNOWS that da fashion/offcourt

casual segment of footwear is what brings in da paper...
Business Segments http://
[h4]Footwear (54% of Revenue) [/h4]
Nike specializes in athletic footwear, particularly in running, cross-training, basketball, and soccer, although Nike also sells sport-inspired casual footwear like its Air Force Ones footwear line. Footwear sales increased 14% in 2009, reaching about $10.3 billion, and accounted for 54% of Nike's 2009 revenue.[sup][10][/sup] Much of the growth in footwear revenue is attributed to the 15% increase in footwear sales in the Asia Pacific region. Approximately 44% and 30% of the company's 2009 footwear sales occurred in the United States and EMEA regions, respectively.[sup][11][/sup]

Lowperformance.png

geewiz sir...i wonder what sneaker 58% on average is making Nike and OTHER COMPANIES so much money..it SURE ISNT

da cutting edge current stuff thats for sure
laugh.gif
 its called RETRO SALES APPEAL TO DA CASUAL CONSUMER which in term is

is its highest grossing category.

what else you got?
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

and thats a OLD chart, their running at about 46% marketshare...and anyone with more then peanuts in da brain KNOWS that da fashion/offcourt

Nike specializes in athletic footwear, particularly in running, cross-training, basketball, and soccer, although Nike also sells sport-inspired casual footwear like its Air Force Ones footwear line. Footwear sales increased 14% in 2009, reaching about $10.3 billion, and accounted for 54% of Nike's 2009 revenue.[sup][10][/sup] Much of the growth in footwear revenue is attributed to the 15% increase in footwear sales in the Asia Pacific region. Approximately 44% and 30% of the company's 2009 footwear sales occurred in the United States and EMEA regions, respectively.[sup][11][/sup]

Lowperformance.png

geewiz sir...i wonder what sneaker 58% on average is making Nike and OTHER COMPANIES so much money..it SURE ISNT

laugh.gif
 its called RETRO SALES APPEAL TO DA CASUAL CONSUMER which in term is

what else you got?
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

and thats a OLD chart, their running at about 46% marketshare...and anyone with more then peanuts in da brain NOWS that da fashion/offcourt

Lowperformance.png

laugh.gif
 its called RETRO SALES APPEAL TO DA CASUAL CONSUMER
which in term is

what else you got?
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

You still haven't posted any proof of what anyone else is doing, "genius". In regard to what I've highlighted, where do the stats you've posted, even suggest anything anywhere near this quote?

??????

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

and thats a OLD chart, their running at about 46% marketshare...and anyone with more then peanuts in da brain NOWS that da fashion/offcourt

Lowperformance.png

laugh.gif
 its called RETRO SALES APPEAL TO DA CASUAL CONSUMER
which in term is

what else you got?
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

You still haven't posted any proof of what anyone else is doing, "genius". In regard to what I've highlighted, where do the stats you've posted, even suggest anything anywhere near this quote?

??????

the SECOND chart applies to EVERYONE...if you took your eyeballs and focused them on da chart at hand, you would've SEEN

that genuis.
laugh.gif

Originally released in 1996, the Reebok Question is one of, if not the, best-selling Reebok sneakers ever created. Upon its release, the Reebok Question broke sales numbers for Reebok, allowing Reebok to sign A.I. to a long-term sneaker contract that is still active today. Allen Iverson broke ankles with his handles and broke necks with the Reebok Question, his first signature sneaker.

Top50_BBall_reebok-question.jpg

http://best.complex.com/lists/Top-50-Basketball-Sneakers-of-All-Time/reebok-question

you let me know when you ready to wave that white flag.
laugh.gif

and lemme laugh at you in advance if you think ANYTHING in adidas outsells its superstar shelltoe sneaker which is ALSO a RETRO.

the SECOND chart applies to EVERYONE...if you took your eyeballs and focused them on da chart at hand, you would've SEEN

that genuis.
laugh.gif

Originally released in 1996, the Reebok Question is one of, if not the, best-selling Reebok sneakers ever created. Upon its release, the Reebok Question broke sales numbers for Reebok, allowing Reebok to sign A.I. to a long-term sneaker contract that is still active today. Allen Iverson broke ankles with his handles and broke necks with the Reebok Question, his first signature sneaker.

Top50_BBall_reebok-question.jpg

http://best.complex.com/lists/Top-50-Basketball-Sneakers-of-All-Time/reebok-question

you let me know when you ready to wave that white flag.
laugh.gif

and lemme laugh at you in advance if you think ANYTHING in adidas outsells its superstar shelltoe sneaker which is ALSO a RETRO.

Reebok has been losing market share in America for years now, save for the small bump they recently received from their ZigTech and EasyTone footwear.

Once those fads are done, it's very likely that Reebok will continue its march towards irrelevance with the American consumer until it's unceremoniously shelved on this side of the pond.

To answer OP's question, Reebok will still exist in a few years, just probably not in the United States.

Reebok has been losing market share in America for years now, save for the small bump they recently received from their ZigTech and EasyTone footwear.

Once those fads are done, it's very likely that Reebok will continue its march towards irrelevance with the American consumer until it's unceremoniously shelved on this side of the pond.

To answer OP's question, Reebok will still exist in a few years, just probably not in the United States.

Back
Top Bottom