Wizard fans -- taking it back to 2008 -- Read, WEEP, RESPOND!

/\ He's going to end up like someone he's lightyears ahead of at the same point in their careers at almost every facet of the game?

I have been following the Wizards/Bullets for a long time...Calbert Cheaney long time. 

My favorite moment was when Rod Strickland threw up on the court against New Jersey...his pregrame meal of two hot dogs, a large soda, and chicken fingers just sums up the vibe the team has.

I even worked for WSE doing the Executive Suite management back in 2008-2009 for the Verizon Center. 

While having MJ there was good for ticket sales and general public interest, he really set the franchise back. 

If the Wizards draft Robinson, I'm going H.A.M.

I know he's a local, with a great story, but this is business.

Any strong to above average draft, he's a mid-first rounder at BEST. He lacks the atheticism and jumping ability K.Mart had coming out of Cinny, so I don't want him on this roster as a top 5 pick.

Top 2 pick, or trade it. That's my stance.

And to think Jordan thought Tyson Chandler was soft and selected Kwame Brown instead...seeing Chandler get a ring and win DPOTY makes me cringe at the Wizards's draft history.

Hopefully the ping pong balls fall in our favor and we get another #1 pick. 

/\ Ehh...it took Tyson YEARS to get to this level tho. He wouldn't have done anything for this franchise if he were the #1 pick back then.

People seem to forget those years where people were saying Tyson never lived up to that "60 Minutes" hype.

When you look at who the other #1 picks might have been in that draft...neither of them would have been franchise saviors. (Brown, Curry, Chandler).

In hindsight, the right pick would have been Gasol but no Euro had ever gone #1 back in those days.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

/\ Ehh...it took Tyson YEARS to get to this level tho. He wouldn't have done anything for this franchise if he were the #1 pick back then.

People seem to forget those years where people were saying Tyson never lived up to that "60 Minutes" hype.

When you look at who the other #1 picks might have been in that draft...neither of them would have been franchise saviors. (Brown, Curry, Chandler).

In hindsight, the right pick would have been Gasol but no Euro had ever gone #1 back in those days.
QFT.

Actually, the best move in that draft was to just trade the pick, short and long term. 
laugh.gif

That was just an awful draft period. Only 2 lottery picks became All Stars (Joe Johnson & Pau Gasol).

Also, a special %*%# you to the Chinese Government for stopping Yao from entering the 01 draft.

I just got word that Sam Cassell is going to be the new Head Coach!!! I saw Robinson play in New Orleans he is good.. but he isn't #2 worthy... interesting to see who goes after Davis..

I'd have to think barring bad testing/workouts....that MKG is slotted #2 on most draft boards.

In terms of what I'm hoping for the Wizards if we miss out on Davis:

- MKG
- Beal
- Trade (If we get the #3 pick and MKG is off the board...I'd dangle it in front of Portland for #6 + 11) 
- Robinson
- Barnes
- Lamb

In that order

If Drummond or Perry Jones ends up in DC...I'm jumping ship to Brooklyn.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

If Drummond or Perry Jones ends up in DC...I'm jumping ship to Brooklyn.
I was around when the franchise fought "tooth and nail" to draft Tom Hammonds out of Tech. 
indifferent.gif

Muggsy with the 12th overall pick. 
indifferent.gif

Calbert instead of Houston.

Gugs instead of Walt or Miner (would have sold tix).

Sheed instead of Garnett (Wilbon went off on this one that day).

Translation -- It's been a lot worst. 
laugh.gif
  I'm numb to it now.

Let's hope luck strikes again for us tonight.

Anything but #1 or #2 and I'm all for packaging the pick w/ anyone on the team not named John Wall.

^^^ I agree but honestly even though MKG would be a good look, Davis is the only player I see making an immediate impact.

*Fingers crossed*

#3 is interesting pick because right now there is a TON of uncertainty about what Charlotte is going to do. They're in a BAD spot @ 2. It was 1 or bust for them. Assuming we stay at 3...and MKG doesn't go second...he HAS to be the pick.

Either way we're going to end up with MKG, Beal, or T-Rob.

^^^ Beal when we already have Crawford? Youre right theres alot of uncertainty with Charlotte/MJ so we can still land MKG but I can live with Robinson

Yeah...the 39% FG...29% from 3 Crawford.

The same one who had the lowest true shooting % out of ANY starting 2 in the league.

2 seasons in the league and youre ready to replace him? Im honestly not that crazy about him but we have needs almost everywhere so I just want us to get the best player available. Is Beal really that good? I didnt watch any Florida games last season.

Beal is that damn good...

And I don't like Crawford as a starting SG... cause he's a jacker. You know what a jacker is, the black hole bamma when you play pick up games at the local rec

That's Crawford in the NBA. I do like him as a 6th man though. That said...

MKG or Beal or T-Rob

Or Trade the pic with another lottery team whose dumb enough to take Blatche off our hands.

Having the #3 pick is a win/win for the Wizards.

We're going to walk away with either MKG, Robinson, or Beal.

All THREE guys are starters for us. Think about it....not projects (even though they all have stuff to work on), but guys who can step right in and contribute immediately.

Personally, I'd want either MKG or Robinson for us. I'm not too keen on taking a SG with the #3 pick when we could make a play on someone else via FA, or try to see if Ernie can swing some sort of deal to get a late 1st rounder and get a SG there.

My first option is MKG, because he'd be AMAZING in transition with Wall. Not to mention he has a ridiculous motor and will be a defensive stalwart for his career. Second, is Robinson. He just makes TOO much sense seeing he's a DC native also. He's another guy who has an insane motor and is an absolute beast on the glass.

What are your guys thoughts on Ernie? I can't believe Wiz signed him again. The front office makes "terruble" decisions. :SMH

Everyone always hope the best for the Wiz, even I as a long time fan, but know they always $@+! up.

Best-selling author John Feinstein joined the Junkies on Thursday and talked about the suspicious NBA draft lottery and what the Wizards can do with the number three pick.

Feinstein certainly came strong with an interesting proposal. He wants the team to trade John Wall!

“I think Kendall Marshall is going to be a terrific NBA guard…he reminds me of Jason Kidd,

Back
Top Bottom