Wizard fans -- taking it back to 2008 -- Read, WEEP, RESPOND!

Anthony Davis is as polished a prospect to come out of the NCAA since KD.

6'11 and still growing. Mobile. Elite athlete. Plays above the rim. Runs the floor like a guard. Hard worker. Shot Blocker. Can step out and face up. Can take his man off the dribble.

I don't know what more you want in a big man.
Thomas Robinson is a hometown kid and great story and all but he's not better than Anthony Davis right now nor will he be 10 years from now. 

And MKG is not going back to Kentucky. His uncle is William Wesley. Let's be serious here. 

I'm not completely sold on Harrison Barnes. I think he's played himself out of being a potential top 5 or maybe even 10 pick. His game against Kansas was absolutely DREADFUl. He's a terrible 1 on 1 player so I don't think he's going to transition well into the NBA at all.

Anthony Davis to me seems more like a Chris Bosh type of player. Not really a back to the basket big man but more of a hybrid between a Euro/American big man. Has a jumpshot and can get up with the best of them. Either way, he'll be 20X better than that fool JaVale Mcgee.

If I had a personal choice, it would be to either get MGK or Anthony Davis.

The whole team sucks.. the city of washington ruins players.. football, basketball, baseball.. even hockey they can't win in the playoffs..

Should have traded or got rid of everyone except McGee and Wall and stop trying to acquire international players that cant embarrass the organization. They always disappoint on the court.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Anthony Davis is as polished a prospect to come out of the NCAA since KD.

6'11 and still growing. Mobile. Elite athlete. Plays above the rim. Runs the floor like a guard. Hard worker. Shot Blocker. Can step out and face up. Can take his man off the dribble.

I don't know what more you want in a big man.
Thomas Robinson is a hometown kid and great story and all but he's not better than Anthony Davis right now nor will he be 10 years from now. 

And MKG is not going back to Kentucky. His uncle is William Wesley. Let's be serious here. 

You reaching bruh. He's 6'10, with no weight on him, and he's able to dominate in college. Let's see him against another dominate, or dare I say it, at the very least Offensive post player.

Barnes is living proof why Marvin Williams left UNC early -- and the Hawks STILL feeling the affects of passing on CP3 for his potential.  No hate on Williams.

The longer you stay, you get exposed, and your "spot" is taken by another youngin'.

He's no where as high on my draft board this year than he was last year.

He may slip out of the lottery.

Comparing Anthony Davis to Chris Bosh though?? I don't see it at all..... Bosh was never touted as a defender. Similar frames maybe, but that's it. Bosh was more polished offensively, but Davis is far more athletic, better on D, and I'll say that at this point they are a push on the glass. Not a traditional big I'd agree but how many of those exist these days?
EOH - we are in the same boat with Barnes.... He should have left last year when his "potential" was still high. Now people got a better look at seeing what you will really get from him... A streaky jump shooter who lacks elite athleticism and tenacity that I look for in a lottery wing man. And who doesn't bring it as consistently as I'd like on the defensive side of the floor.

MKG is likely coming out IMO and I'd love out Wiz to take him if Davis is not avaiable i.e. us not having the #1 pick

Anthony Davis is an average defender at best. He may have all those blocks now, but when he gets into the NBA, he's going to get pushed off the block every time. And in the NBA, he's not going to go up against some SEC big men anymore, he's going to have to guard people like the Amares and Howards of the league. He's simply way to skinny right now to guard anyone in the league.

I'd love to have MGK but the only problem I have with with is he's a do it all 3 man. Doesn't really specialize in one particulier thing. Real similar to Evan Turner who's going to be good but not one of the elite players in the league.

This coming draft is going to be terrible.

Not one player who I can say is really going to stand out and be an instant PROBLEM for the league.

Bunch of average players if you ask me.

"Anthony Davis is an average defender at best" 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm not saying he is going to be the next Mutombo in the L but that an outrageous statement.... 
Again I don't see the comparisons you are making... MKG's game in no way resembles Evan Turner....  He is stronger, a better defender, more explosive. Lacks the savy, smoothness on O that Evan brought in college. Turner was a better shooter as well

Not sold on Anthony Davis.  That is by far the #1 prospect coming into the draft.  
He has everything you want in a big man in todays NBA.

Length

can shoot

very quick off the floor

above average passer and can put it on the floor.

I would love to have him in DC, just like any gm would love to be able to draft. This kid has it all, you guys must not see because hes superugly. 

I'm sold on Davis.

This isn't the 90s or 2000s NBA.

If he becomes McGee, in this new NBA -- with discipline, natural bball instincts, consistent will, and Chris Webber hands -- its a win.

Hell, if he becomes Camby, its a win.

I think he'll develop to be a defensive Durant-type. He's too quick, fast, has a jumper, and has too good of hands to undermine his development once he get to the L.

If we are lucky, we'll get him #1.

If we are smart, regardless of the draft, we'll hire Nate McMill to coach this team for the next 5 years...

Originally Posted by HEADdetective

This coming draft is going to be terrible.

Not one player who I can say is really going to stand out and be an instant PROBLEM for the league.

I don't agree with this. No, there may not be a "Superstar" in this draft, but talent wise, overall, this will be one of the deeper drafts that we've seen in the last decade or so from top to bottom.

Yeah Davis definitely has the potential to be great but unless we win the lottery we're not getting him. I hope we can still be in the top 3 to pick up MKG or Robinson, even though its a deep draft this year those are the only two (along with Davis) I can see immediately contributing. We still need vets and to cut the dead weight ala Blatche and Lewis. Moves need to be made fast, before you know it Wall's rookie contract will be up and theres no reason for him to stay if we're not improving.

Originally Posted by HEADdetective

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I'm sold on Davis.

I think he'll develop to be a defensive Durant-type.

30t6p3b.gif
You can't be serious bruh. You can't be.
I just like his demeanor and natural instincts, which have been (key word here) consistent. 

I believe that will further his development as a Pro.  It's no exact science, but again, NO one outside of this "urea" really expected Durant to be who he is now.  No one questions his "frame" and size and defensive liabilities now, because he rarely gets injured, and brings it every night.

Davis will be the same, just more defensively than offensively.  Just my belief.  Cuz ain't even 20 years old yet.

Another thing about the draft...

We over-analyze these kids year after year after year in these NBA drafts...

In a league with only 40 All-Stars (ones that make it, and snubs)... I argue 10-12 SUPERSTARS... in a league with 450-490 players yearly...

So over 92% of the league in my opinion (you do the math) are role players, glue guys, and those who can fit your system.

If you can draft a "92 percenter" who works out for you and creates a winning situation in your program, that's all you can ask.

A draft like the 2003 joint or 1996 or 1992 only comes once every blue moon. 
(all those guys in 1992 played well in their early years, my bball card collection was worth $ then lol.  $120 Harold Miner Magic-All Rookie!  What!  LOL.  Now worth a $1.00)

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

I'm sold on Davis.

This isn't the 90s or 2000s NBA.

If he becomes McGee, in this new NBA -- with discipline, natural bball instincts, consistent will, and Chris Webber hands -- its a win.

Hell, if he becomes Camby, its a win.

I think he'll develop to be a defensive Durant-type. He's too quick, fast, has a jumper, and has too good of hands to undermine his development once he get to the L.

If we are lucky, we'll get him #1.

If we are smart, regardless of the draft, we'll hire Nate McMill to coach this team for the next 5 years...
Agreed w/ Eyes...
I wanted Nate as our coach when I heard he was fired. I think he'd do a great job with our talent, both young & old. I've been looking at these "mock-drafts" ..Bleacher Report has a pretty decent one..Let's say Wiz get the #2 pick.. do we go for Robinson or really draft for immediate need (SG/C)?

If they get the #2 pick I'm sure MKG has to be at the top of their wish list right now. The 4 spot is not a glaring need right now.

Being a Wizards fan...you learn to live with disappointment 
frown.gif

Every year, you start fresh thinking it's going to be a good year, maybe we have a shot at that 8th seed in the playoffs (since the East isn't as crazy as the West), and then we go and get three times as more losses than wins. 

Nick Young played a pretty good game against OKC yesterday, and over here he just ended up on ESPN's NOT Top 10. I really hope we can get something good for Blatche. But hey, at least we're not the worst team in the league this season.

either way, Wiz should get a pretty decent 1st rd. pick

The 2nd rd. has my interest, especially w/ ample talent still being available. Should be an interesting draft & another interesting off-season. Look forward to having the Summer League back + Olympic BBall

So watching Wizards post game live, I'm stunned to hear the Earnie Grunfeld will be back next season.... I hate this move... He does a terrible job drafting players for the wizards...

He'll be back beyond next season. He's supposed to get a multi year deal allegedly.

SMH. I don't even know what to say. A rebuilding team w/ a new owner needs to clean house and build from the ground up...not hold on to remnants from a shattered past. Apparently, Leonsis doesn't think so.

wizards should draft Robinson if he is available. he is the most nba ready and i think he will turn out to be the best player from this draft.

Davis is good, but he is nothing like Durant. the only thing similar is their size and frame. i think Davis will end up being like deandre jordan, but less athletic.

Back
Top Bottom