Wizards trade number #5 pick...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Before this trade, did we have the expiring contracts to possibly get Richardson from the Bucks (I don't know his contract situation)? Just wondering... Since the suns were so set on having Butler including in the potential Amare deal...
you mean Richard Jefferson...he went to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen and Kurt Thomas..

we def need a legit big man and not more guards..but we'll see how Flip plays it..

My bad I was trippin'.

lol.

Is there a way we could have acquired Jefferson, and still pulled of the Amare deal (keeping just Arenas I guess)?

^^ Funny.. when I read Richardson.. I knew who you were talkin about and didnt notice it was wrong!! lolol

DoubleJ.. I admire your faith in Ernie..

But this just in. Amare WAS interested in a move to the Wiz for this season.... to enjoy the area before his next huge payday..BUT he was hoping they wouldmake a play BEFORE the draft and if they waited PAST the draft they would work to improve the team.

Ernie has to talk to his Agent and assure him the Wiz are trying to at least be HALF way competitve while he is there in hopes of keeping him.

BUT.. really dude isn't going to be too excited about coming to DC UNLESS EG makes a move thats worthy of him considering it.

Meths right though.. I knew Abe was going to pitch the 5th pick because of money. He never wanted to sign that pick and I would go as far as to say if it werethe 4th pick he would have given that away too.. .but all in all.. it was a good move cause who was REALLY worth paying that sort of money to and it notpanning out again?

At this point for economics, Abe wants a splash to fill seats, cause Gil's Entertainment Rating has dropped... Jamison doesn't fill seats and Caron isjust trade bait and reliable for 20 a night. They better do something... else. lol

i really believe ernies not done yet..

i hated this trade at first, but the more i look at it, we got what we needed in a 3 pt shooter (miller), for cheaper than what other options would have been.which is gonna play a huge part in us re-signing brenda after next season. if he can play like the legitimate center he has shown like in the season beforelast, we need to reup his contract then. jesus / tmac and landry woulda been a more exciting trade for sure, but tmac is done for, ray is expensive and oncontract for much longer than miller is and he woulda been another deion here.

if foye and miller dont work out, we say goodbye to them after the year, or even better before the trade deadline since their expirin contracts are gonna beworth something to someone then.

with all that though, if we dont pull another move before the summer is over for a big man, since save for brendan, we're literally lookin reeeaally thinin our backcourt, then ill go right back to hating the trade.

also, jus read on the Post that we wanted to throw deshawn in the trade, but minn wouldnt do it, and were insistin it had to be songaila.

Shaq getting whored out to every team now..but for Ben Wallace and Sasha? shoot a little bit of help is still better than no help.

let him take his vaca during the season and pray for a championship playoff run..otherwise mr. way too full of himself LBJ will be out that door with thequickness
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by codeIVC

man, shaq to cleveland?
ESPN wrote:

The trade is a pretty strong admission by the Suns that the trade of Shawn Marion for Shaq in February of 2008 was a mistake.

Say what you will, but Shaq is STILL Shaq. He was All-NBA 3rd team. He did goto his 15th ASG last season. He was 4 rings to check LBJ. Him back in the East is significant.

Will Lebron be more like WADE as a teammate, or more like KOBE?

I personally think they will bump heads as soon as Shaq checks him on something...

Either way, I'll be at the Verizon center (if I don't have an exam) when Cavs come to town.
laugh.gif

Poor Steve Kerr, lol. Dude must think he playing a reality version of NBA Live in franchise mode or something!

ummmm LeBron can kiss that title goodbye with Shaq coming to town LOL!......dude is gonna clig that middle like none other, and LBJ's jumpshot is notconsistant enough for him to sit on the perimeter and get buckets.....so thank you Steve Kerr, LOL! Lakers will repeat!

jupeezy.. im a Laker fan... but Shaq did play with Kobe who came to the rack ALOT... so he knows how to move side to side...and Shaq moves well without theball too.. As Side Show Bob is inconsistent in doing that. Bron has gotten MUCH better this season with his Jumper... actually more so his 3 point shot..

Check the stats.. its his mid range jumper he needs to work on now...

I think its a good move.. for certain teams... BUT... they need another Sharp Shooter as I mentioned before... Shaq is not a Cure all

Rock that was the Shaq of 6 years ago LOL! He ain't moving like he used to...and he always talks that "imma just blend in and let him do histhing" BS! lol He is gonna want the ball, and with him out there teams will abuse the pick and roll....LeBron can kiss that joint goodbye for anotherseason.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

^^ Funny.. when I read Richardson.. I knew who you were talkin about and didnt notice it was wrong!! lolol

DoubleJ.. I admire your faith in Ernie..

But this just in. Amare WAS interested in a move to the Wiz for this season.... to enjoy the area before his next huge payday..BUT he was hoping they would make a play BEFORE the draft and if they waited PAST the draft they would work to improve the team.

Ernie has to talk to his Agent and assure him the Wiz are trying to at least be HALF way competitve while he is there in hopes of keeping him.

BUT.. really dude isn't going to be too excited about coming to DC UNLESS EG makes a move thats worthy of him considering it.

Meths right though.. I knew Abe was going to pitch the 5th pick because of money. He never wanted to sign that pick and I would go as far as to say if it were the 4th pick he would have given that away too.. .but all in all.. it was a good move cause who was REALLY worth paying that sort of money to and it not panning out again?

At this point for economics, Abe wants a splash to fill seats, cause Gil's Entertainment Rating has dropped... Jamison doesn't fill seats and Caron is just trade bait and reliable for 20 a night. They better do something... else. lol
Oh, no doub't Rock.....Amar'e would essentially be a "rental," cause he has his sights set on NYC in 2010. With Clevelandtrading for Shaq, the East gets a little more interesting. Anyone with a half a brain knows that we can't compete w. the likes of the Cavs in a 7 gameseries. Abe preaches that he wants to win another championship. However with his penny-pinching ways, is that at all possible? We have reached our ceilingwith the big 3. As I've said a million times, we're no better than a 43 win team..tops. We haven't won more than 50 games in over 30 years. Ifyou want to compete w. the big dogs in the NBA, you HAVE to spend money. Abe refuses to spend anything involving the lux tax, so we all know where we stand. We're gonna try this "big 3" experiment until the wheels absolutely fall off. This *@*@ should have been blown up 2 years ago. The Wizards hadtheir chance(s) with the consecutive playoff appearances, charismatic players, terrible baseball/hockey, etc etc....Now, they (Wizards) have lost out to theCapitals...yes, the Capitals. Alex Ovechkin is by far the most popular athlete in DC, and has stolen all of the Wizards swag/mojo that they once had. A moveneeds to be made to get this team on the next level, and also able to compete with the big dogs in the East. I'm tired of this team fighting for the 5-8seeds. Even if Amar'e is going to be a rental, that's a good risk to take. Any steps to blow up the big 3 is good in my book....

*oh and Rock...you'll be
laugh.gif
to know that Abe and the Wizards intend on SELLING the #32 pick in the draft tonight....

yea but he aint agile either....lets b real Shaq needs to be on his way out, not blowing other budding stars opportunities at this point....dude is ridingcoattails.

Just read in the paper Grunfeld said there is NO player they could have got a 5 that would be the caliber of Foye and Miller...........
laugh.gif

Derozan, Harden, Hill ?

The Wizards are forever doomed aslong as Grunfeld makes decisions. He is almost as bad as Unseld.

I'm glad my Suns got rid Shaq and that $21 million dollar contract. Now we need a backup to Nash, (Jennings or Maynor) resign Barnes,and try and getOdom.....
pimp.gif

^WHAT?!? lol odom aint leaving LA....and the Suns will be rebuilding soon...especially if Nash rolls after this season....

they both will be back in LA....don't know who's gassin' you homeboy...but they need to stop LOL!

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

^^^^If Odom does re-sign, they won't be able to afford Ariza.
Not true at all.

Several things can happen to assure they both return. That 3 million they got from NY today helps too.

^
I just read they sold that pick.

Excellent job by them.

Although I'm still calling Foul on the Gasol trade... still... lol.

Too bad our "legend" Unseld can't work for another team and send/influence gems to Washington for nothing as J. West did...

LOL! yea Mr. Logo looked out for the lake show on that one. LOL!

But yea I read an article where they said they probably will deal off all their trades, bcuz with them bringing everyone back it won't b any room on theroster for new additions....so anyone drafted would end up getting cut anyway.

WE PASSED ON DEJUAN BLAIR IN THE 2nd ROUND FOR..... TAYLOR OFUCF?!?!?!?!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I quit. I'm a Bobcats fan now.

It's over. 25 years of total frustration. I'm too old for this shh........

Capital Center, I love you.

Back
Top Bottom