***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** CONGRATS, 38-0 S. Carolina! CONGRATS, LV Aces!

GREAT game. Some clutch shots and some great performances. I was losing it cheering :lol:

Great fourth quarter* and incredible ending.

First half was some terrible hoops tho. Teams were shooting what, a combined 33% or so in that first half?

IMG_9665.png

I knew someone was gonna post this :lol:

It’s difficult for casual fans (outside this thread) to understand that 1) Angel is an OUTSTANDING rebounder and 2) unintentionally stat pads through sequences like this. One group of people points to her horrendous FG% (and let’s be clear - for a big, it’s terrible) while a dueling group highlights her record-breaking rebounding stats (which are highly commendable).

Like if she could just finish, she might average 16 and 10. I’d rather have that than 13 and 12; but then the record rebounding stats fade and she’s seen as a really good big but not on the A’Ja/Jonquel/even AB tier (that I perceive some want to think she will be on).

I am pretty fascinated to see where she takes her game next season. She’s already over performed what I expected coming out of the draft and I really don’t know if she goes up, down, or stays steady at this for her career.

:rofl:

No idea how you don't have Cardoso planted in the paint in that situation...especially when she's blocked A'ja 5 times already in the game :lol:

:rofl:

No idea how you don't have Cardoso planted in the paint in that situation...especially when she's blocked A'ja 5 times already in the game :lol:

Exactly. I get that you want to make the inbounds hard, but realistically nobody is bothering an experienced PG like Gray. I was talking during the ending and asked who would you get it to. And my answer was Plum over A'ja, because A'ja would have to go through Reece and Cardoso. Well you don't have to do that if they put KC on the inbounds :lol:

Just didn't make sense to me :smh:

But I'd have to hear the coaches and what they had planned. Could have been an adjustment by the players that somehow confused the Sky. Still doesn't seem defensible though. With 1.1 seconds the one thing you expect the other team to do is try to get a shot in the paint. You have two incredible bigs...tell them to get in the paint and wait.

Back
Top Bottom