***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** CONGRATS, 38-0 S. Carolina! CONGRATS, LV Aces!

I’ve never seen so much math done in order to prop up players.

Why is everyone struggling with accepting that you can acknowledge Amgel Reese is a great rebounder while also highlighting how poorly she shoots?

My entire timeline is well if you subtract her misses she rebounds and carry the one….

I’ve never seen so much math done in order to prop up players.

Why is everyone struggling with accepting that you can acknowledge Amgel Reese is a great rebounder while also highlighting how poorly she shoots?

My entire timeline is well if you subtract her misses she rebounds and carry the one….
Everyone does acknowledge he’s an excellent rebounder.

But it’s when you highlight the misses, you realize a solid number does come from those. Those go hand in hand

Everyone does acknowledge he’s an excellent rebounder.

But it’s when you highlight the misses, you realize a solid number does come from those. Those go hand in hand

I think you missed my point. What I’m saying is her supporters act as though you can only speak on the positives of her game. And if you bring up her poor field goal percentage, you’re trying to tear her down.

And also she* is still smoking the entire league in rebounding, both total and offensive, if you apparently subtract her rebounding her missed shots.

I think you missed my point. What I’m saying is her supporters act as though you can only speak on the positives of her game. And if you bring up her poor field goal percentage, you’re trying to tear her down.

And also she* is still smoking the entire league in rebounding, both total and offensive, if you apparently subtract her rebounding her missed shots.
Just noticed my typo but yea I agree lol

Her poor layup package 🤝🏾 big Cait turnovers

Time for improvement

The "Reese's Pieces" are up there with Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, and the K Pop fans. I legit think they would kill for her

Possibly, but how and why these various fanbases get to where they are are vastly different. Nicki's fans are trash cause she's trash. Beyonce's fans largely celebrated her music until the whole taytay thing came about with mediocre whiteness being trumpted like it was 10x greater than Bey. Angel's fans, in my opinion are pushing back on the CC fans that almost literally act like CC is already the greatest female basketball player to have ever lived. And even if they deny ever lived, they think it's minus like 4 players.

Similar thing happened when Luka came in. Jokic. There are a bunch of people who go way to far, and so a lot of people spring up to oppose the nonsense.

I'd love to just watch both CC and AR play basketball and highlight their positives and negatives, but you got some people that simply cannot do that. It has to be all for one and none for the other.

Angel's fans, in my opinion are pushing back on the CC fans that almost literally act like CC is already the greatest female basketball player to have ever lived. And even if they deny ever lived, they think it's minus like 4 players.
Yea, I don’t think that’s what Angel fans are doing at all :lol:. It’s highly racialized and there’s a large sect of them who aren’t even basketball fans.

Yea, I don’t think that’s what Angel fans are doing at all :lol:. It’s highly racialized and there’s a large sect of them who aren’t even basketball fans.

They’ve taken “I’m rooting for everybody Black” a bit too far

Women of color are historically marginalized and I think a lot of women are projecting their experiences into this conversation.

So pointing out Angel Reese is a poor shooter is seen as downplaying her rebounding ability. Or as they view it a black woman not getting praised for her accomplishment. They feel as though the focus should solely be on the positive she brings.

And then now you juxtapose this against this white woman and the support she’s experiencing. Oh baby, a molatov cocktail of big feelings.

Possibly, but how and why these various fanbases get to where they are are vastly different. Nicki's fans are trash cause she's trash. Beyonce's fans largely celebrated her music until the whole taytay thing came about with mediocre whiteness being trumpted like it was 10x greater than Bey. Angel's fans, in my opinion are pushing back on the CC fans that almost literally act like CC is already the greatest female basketball player to have ever lived. And even if they deny ever lived, they think it's minus like 4 players.

Similar thing happened when Luka came in. Jokic. There are a bunch of people who go way to far, and so a lot of people spring up to oppose the nonsense.

I'd love to just watch both CC and AR play basketball and highlight their positives and negatives, but you got some people that simply cannot do that. It has to be all for one and none for the other.

Caitlin Clark is doing things we have never seen done on the women side after every respected and accomplished voice said that she was not going to be able to do the same things she had been doing in the Grown Woman league.

She was averaging 16 6 & 5 and everyone said she was playing poorly. No one has averaged those numbers in WNBA history and everyone said she was playing poorly.

I’m always confused when people choose to overlook that in the name of trying to prove a point against Twitter trolls & bots.

She had 23 5 and 8 against a championship contender and everyone said she had a bad game.

Not to compare her to LeBron, it’s like how we’ve become desensitzed to him putting up 27 7 & 7 all those years. That’s a regular might for him but it’s not the norm and it isn’t easy.

Acknowledge Greatness.

Caitlin Clark is doing things we have never seen done on the women side after every respected and accomplished voice said that she was not going to be able to do the same things she had been doing in the Grown Woman league.

She was averaging 16 6 & 5 and everyone said she was playing poorly. No one has averaged those numbers in WNBA history and everyone said she was playing poorly.

I’m always confused when people choose to overlook that in the name of trying to prove a point against Twitter trolls & bots.

She had 23 5 and 8 against a championship contender and everyone said she had a bad game.

Not to compare her to LeBron, it’s like how we’ve become desensitzed to him putting up 27 7 & 7 all those years. That’s a regular might for him but it’s not the norm and it isn’t easy.

Acknowledge Greatness.

She's great. But speaking of not acknowledging things, you have a half naked woman in your avatar. Like can we talk about respecting women and also talk about respecting women :lol:

Caitlyn is ridiculous. She's just a rookie and she has so many talents and so many gifts. Her vision is fantastic, even with the bad passes. I liked that tweet above because it really is hilarious to see people down one athlete yet take something that's obviously bad and obviously her fault. But I still like her trying to make those passes. Eventually she'll get teammates who know how to play with her.

Since Bron got brought up, it's not even close to the same, but on what tiny level there are similarities, when you watch Lebron throwing ridiculous passes to teammates some people wouldn't even think he could see, it's up to those teammates to not give up on a play, or to keep moving, or to get in the right spot, to complete the play. Else your filthy pass goes out of bounds, or off fingertips.

All because teammates don't think you see them or they misjudge a ball flying toward them. So it's both yes, turnovers are bad. But as a point guard I see so many times when even though she should have known better than to throw X pass to Y player, I still am blaming the player and not Caitlyn.

But Angel, despite her Rodman like touch around the basket, gets little in the way of people appreciating the positive aspects of her game. She's just got to get better, and I would LOVE if she dialed down the showtime/aggro stuff. Like, get your team a winning record first before you start talking major **** (I know that goes against what Mike said).

Or the other night, you're not even in the lead and you're doing the "too small" symbol. :lol:

But again, that does go right along with what the GOAT said about trash talking when you aren't even winning, and how that's more honorable than trash talking after you have a big lead.

And to finish this and not rehash all the nonsense from the end of the Iowa season into the WNBA, again people were acting like every other WNBA player was trash because Clark existed. Even Maya Moore had to say something just a couple nights ago, because a ton of white people have latched onto Caitlyn Clark and think not only is she god's gift, but that all these black women athletes are trash and nowhere near as good as her. They wouldn't know Aari McDonald from Ari Fleischer :lol:

Last edited:

I get a nice chuckle from The shaderoom women who never watched basketball trying to make sense of stats and all that stuff :lol:

It’s good that they’re finally into women’s hoops tho. **** just be funny in the comments :lol:

She's great. But speaking of not acknowledging things, you have a half naked woman in your avatar. Like can we talk about respecting women and also talk about respecting women :lol:

Pretty good bet I've been going to women's basketball games since before you were alive. Caitlyn is ridiculous. She's just a rookie and she has so many talents and so many gifts. Her vision is fantastic, even with the bad passes. I liked that tweet above because it really is hilarious to see people down one athlete yet take something that's obviously bad and obviously her fault. But I still like her trying to make those passes. Eventually she'll get teammates who know how to play with her.

Since Bron got brought up, it's not even close to the same, but on what tiny level there are similarities, when you watch Lebron throwing ridiculous passes to teammates some people wouldn't even think he could see, it's up to those teammates to not give up on a play, or to keep moving, or to get in the right spot, to complete the play. Else your filthy pass goes out of bounds, or off fingertips.

All because teammates don't think you see them or they misjudge a ball flying toward them. So it's both yes, turnovers are bad. But as a point guard I see so many times when even though she should have known better than to throw X pass to Y player, I still am blaming the player and not Caitlyn.

But Angel, despite her Rodman like touch around the basket, gets little in the way of people appreciating the positive aspects of her game. She's just got to get better, and I would LOVE if she dialed down the showtime/aggro stuff. Like, get your team a winning record first before you start talking major **** (I know that goes against what Mike said).

Or the other night, you're not even in the lead and you're doing the "too small" symbol. :lol:

But again, that does go right along with what the GOAT said about trash talking when you aren't even winning, and how that's more honorable than trash talking after you have a big lead.

And to finish this and not rehash all the nonsense from the end of the Iowa season into the WNBA, again people were acting like every other WNBA player was trash because Clark existed. Even Maya Moore had to say something just a couple nights ago, because a ton of white people have latched onto Caitlyn Clark and think not only is she god's gift, but that all these black women athletes are trash and nowhere near as good as her. They wouldn't know Aari McDonald from Ari Fleischer :lol:

What does Vida Guerra have to do with the conversation at hand? Don’t deflect.

You’re not articulating any real point here. Back to the original point at hand, Angel gets her flowers for her abilities to rebound the ball while also getting justifably ridiculed for her lack of shot making ability and just la k of awareness.

NBA Thread is nonstop cycle of clowning people when they play poorly. She’s going to get this slander too. That should not change because the player in question is a black woman. That’s the crux of the issue.

There are unreasonable fan bases in every sport. This isn’t some new phenomenom. People going out of their way to downplay Clark’s accolades as a way to one up white people is ridiculous to me. And this is what heighens the backlash Angel faces.

Everything she does is being unreasonably compared to Caitlin. Y’all keep setting her up for failure.

Is Hakeem Olajuwon still stealing big men money over the summer? He need to start extorting the women now too.

Sky practices should end with Reese doing the Mikan Drill for an hour.

What does Vida Guerra have to do with the conversation at hand? Don’t deflect.

You’re not articulating any real point here. Back to the original point at hand, Angel gets her flowers for her abilities to rebound the ball while also getting justifably ridiculed for her lack of shot making ability and just la k of awareness.

NBA Thread is nonstop cycle of clowning people when they play poorly. She’s going to get this slander too. That should not change because the player in question is a black woman. That’s the crux of the issue.

There are unreasonable fan bases in every sport. This isn’t some new phenomenom. People going out of their way to downplay Clark’s accolades as a way to one up white people is ridiculous to me. And this is what heighens the backlash Angel faces.

Everything she does is being unreasonably compared to Caitlin. Y’all keep setting her up for failure.

I don't compare her to Caitlin at all. They're completely different players. Hey, as long as you're ridiculing Caitlyn for her terrible turnovers, it's all good. If we're all being fair then we're all good. As soon as it starts to feel like some people would rather trash some woman far below who she is as a player and lift up another far higher, there are going to be comments and problems.

I see you skipped over all the stuff I said about her passes, cool. I like Clark. She's filthy. She's the obvious rookie of the year. Angel has a good start and a bunch of stuff to work on. Hopefully they can both go about their business without being harassed by the other fanbase (of which I'm neither). There are just too many dope players in this game to overfocus on one and spend all your time posting just about that one person 80% of the time, even if that's your hometeam, considering the state of things, in my opinion. But we can all do what we do. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom