***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** CONGRATS, 38-0 S. Carolina! CONGRATS, LV Aces!

Like, I get it. People want stats to be meaningful, so if it's something viewed as "artificial" stats, then people don't like that. But I got bad news for you from watching this game for decades, the game has been warped for a solid 15 years stats-wise, and even before then, stat keeping is shaky proposition at best.

Reese is a terrible shooter touch-wise, and needs to go back in the lab and work on that. But if she wants to play til the ends of games, go for it.

Do whatever you need to do to get that money. Not mad at her but it definitely will be called out.

She has to live with that.

I just can't stand it because there are so many NBA players who won't even take those heaves at the end of a quarter, because they're so worried about messing up their FG percentage. That is stat padding way worse than being in at the end of a game.

And don't even get me started on how assists get counted. It's a joke to act like there's any consistency.

Angel Reese is difficult to watch. She moves like a 6'2 twelve year old who had an early growth spurt and hasnt grown into his body yet.

Caitlin outclasses her in every way.

She wore that Rodman jersey for a reason. Watching Dennis Rodman used to be infuriating. He was every bit as wild and uncoordinated as she is. With a splash of IDGAF. He'd go to the line for free throws and the game would be tight and it was like lets just fling this **** up here :lol:

He was relentless on the glass and after a while he started to just make that his main asset. She clearly gets the connection, she should follow that same path.

And somewhere along the way her whole Pat Bev "I'm the ****" act has to go away. You haven't won a damn thing, and your team is getting close to not being in the playoffs.

She wore that Rodman jersey for a reason. Watching Dennis Rodman used to be infuriating. He was every bit as wild and uncoordinated as she is. With a splash of IDGAF. He'd go to the line for free throws and the game would be tight and it was like lets just fling this **** up here :lol:

He was relentless on the glass and after a while he started to just make that his main asset. She clearly gets the connection, she should follow that same path.

And somewhere along the way her whole Pat Bev "I'm the ****" act has to go away. You haven't won a damn thing, and your team is getting close to not being in the playoffs.

Ehh, I agree and disagree. Yeah, Rodman was tough to watch offensively. But he never gave off the uncoordinated/clumsy vibe. He just couldnt shoot and dribble. So in that sense, I agree he was a tough watch also. But then again, he averaged around 5 shot attempts a game for his career. He doesnt have an over 22% USG like Angel does.

i was gunna call this a complexion comparison but you actually might be right.

people make the steph comparison but she's a better passer. she nash with the ultra greenlight.
I mean the Trash Young one is pretty legit too. Think she’ll be much better than him though.

Curry isn’t close to the passer she is.

I just can't stand it because there are so many NBA players who won't even take those heaves at the end of a quarter, because they're so worried about messing up their FG percentage. That is stat padding way worse than being in at the end of a game.

And don't even get me started on how assists get counted. It's a joke to act like there's any consistency.

I get what you’re saying but someone protecting a, let’s say, 51% shooting percentage from being 49 or 50% is generally irrelevant. That person is still shooting 49-51%. I wouldn’t even consider that “stat padding”.

But staying in a game long past it’s over and every other starter has checked out is just blatant nasty work and dilutes the stats in a more meaningful way. And unnecessarily opens you up to another line of criticism.

1725072063714.png

1725072096175.png

Back
Top Bottom