***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Dawn’s lineups just don’t make sense sometimes. They are a deep team but sometimes it seems like she throws players out there just because instead of going with the hot hand. Her squad blew large leads when they did this

I wish I could show this to droves of non-hoopers:
20240331_140920.jpg

Their fans want to start getting final fours and natty's like they did under Pat Summit. The Vols are hardly in the top 10 AP rankings the past 12 years.

The Florida Gulf Coast coach Karl Smisko is the best mid major coach by far
Sounds like fan/alumni entitlement. There isn’t another Pat Summit out there. They should throw multiple bags at Lindsay Gottlieb.

Harper failed at the thing you can't at UT and that is recruit at a high level. She got Rickea in the portal but she doesn't recruit well. UT should throw a huge bag at Oregon State's coach.

Sounds like fan/alumni entitlement. There isn’t another Pat Summit out there.

You are probably right, but it's hard going from the best program in the country ( with UCONN ) to maybe 4th place in the SEC.

Texas , Oklahoma , Florida and Kentucky should all be good teams in the SEC in the next few years

Last edited:
You are probably right, but it's hard going from the best program in the country ( with UCONN ) to maybe 4th place in the SEC.

Texas , Oklahoma , Florida and Kentucky should all be good teams in the SEC in the next few years
I have a theory that a big reason why women's hoops interest has risen is because UCONN and Tennessee don't have a co-monopoly on the chip anymore.

I have a theory that a big reason why women's hoops interest has risen is because UCONN and Tennessee don't have a co-monopoly on the chip anymore.
This is a very sound theory and I agree. Seeing a more competitive landscape where UCONN and Tennessee can't amass all of the talent has been huge. NIL opportunities and the portal allow a team like NC State to be in the Final 4 which is good for the sport.

Parity definitely helped.

Having the likes of Baylor, Stanford, Notre Dame, South Carolina and most recently LSU win it all in a sport that was monopolized by UCONN and Tennesse definitely help.

Having generational players like Caitlin and Juju turn teams like Iowa and USC into chip contenders helps as well.

Back
Top Bottom