***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Gold medal game: SUN, 08/11 @ 9:30am EST. Going for 8TH STRAIGHT GOLD!

Shaq's best ball playing kid is picking a college in 2 weeks

Can't wait. 🔥
Screenshot_20231101_093545_X.jpg

So people want more expansion teams but is their league profitable now? Or is being profitable not necessary for them?

So people want more expansion teams but is their league profitable now? Or is being profitable not necessary for them?
It all evens out down the line. The real issue is there are too many good players not playing because there aren’t enough teams

A good number of draft picks from the past 2 years got cut basically because not enough roster spots. More teams (even if 2) means more roster spots.

None of us in this thread are part of the NBA/WNBA powers that be, but I'm pretty sure that 'profit' is not the #1 metric they use regarding decisions that affect the WNBA. And it shouldn't be, because advancing the women's game is more than the 'profit' platitude will allow people to consider.

There must be incentives I haven’t thought about for someone wanting to own a team. I haven’t tried to look into if the value of some teams have gone up since they were started or bought. Guessing the aces probably at the top and liberty in the top 3-5.

I don't know if I'm more surprised or disappointed. EDD is dope but she looked like a rusting robot out there at the end of last season. I know how hard she's had to fight through injuries. I just figured she'd hang em up.

Mystics not getting through the Liberty as is either right? Not sure how high of a draft pick they'd have, but we might be seeing an Aces/Liberty rematch at least the next year.

Oh damn I just realized that Stewie is a free agent too LOL! Joe Tsai thought he was doing it both times with the Nets and Liberty...

Back
Top Bottom