Working at Footlocker and hooking your friends up

That's the problem with this company , how footlocker know how much you have in your bank account? What if I have a savings?
mean.gif
Cmon son. 
laugh.gif

My cousin is a area manager for Finishline and he doesn't hook anyone up, just himself. Try his method.

That's the problem with this company , how footlocker know how much you have in your bank account? What if I have a savings? :smh:

If you can afford to buy enough shoes on discount that it's noticeable you wouldn't be working there in the first place. >D

FootLocker is one of those jobs young dudes get and feel pride in because they are instantly a part of a culture in their opinions. You aren't. You're just a product of their system. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm a store manager at foot locker in nyc...

Don't get into that habit...you will get baited by family and friends and lose your job by going over your discount or buy more than one pair of a release sneaker...

Tell them you didn't get you employee card to buy kicks or you left it at home or you can't do it if your manager isn't there bla blah blah...

Don't play yourself

I use to be an assistant manager at a footaction, and let me tell you this, don't hook up your friends. It's not worth you losing your job.  I've seen a lot of people lose their jobs due to hooking up their friends.  District managers and auditors monitor employee purchases and they will look at shoe sizes etc. You can use your discounts for immediate family only. just a heads up. hope this helps!
Lol dont listen to this guy. it is monitored but not to that extent. So limit yourself to maybe 5-10 discount per month. And dont hook people up, use it as a money making machine. Also go ham on your sales try to rack in enough sales to be leading in sales in your district that way you know you ranking in the big commission bucks
Incorrect. It actually is monitored. It just depends on who is monitoring your account. If you just start working there and you're ordering 4-5 different sizes and making a lot of purchases in a month, you're begging to be fired. It's not worth losing your gig so early because people want to be hooked up. Working at these stores, you have to make people understand that you are not the shoe store. I can't get you everything on a discount. Years ago it was easier, but stores have changed their policies that make it a little bit harder even for employees to get for themselves. OP buggin for even letting them think he's the hookup man for kicks 
mean.gif
. Help people out but you have to have more discretion on WHO you help out.

If you can afford to buy enough shoes on discount that it's noticeable you wouldn't be working there in the first place. >D

FootLocker is one of those jobs young dudes get and feel pride in because they are instantly a part of a culture in their opinions. You aren't. You're just a product of their system. :lol:

I have two jobs sir , I work at footlocker and I have a full time job , I buy multiple shoes all the time , sometimes I don't even use my discount , it's possible :smh:

And what kind of family and friends congratulate you for your new job by asking for hand outs off top??? For some shoes??

I have two jobs sir , I work at footlocker and I have a full time job , I buy multiple shoes all the time , sometimes I don't even use my discount , it's possible :smh:

Congrats to you. Like I said, if you buy enough to flag yourself, you shouldn't be working there.

Congrats to you. Like I said, if you buy enough to flag yourself, you shouldn't be working there.

Like I said , you have the right to buy as many shoes as you want , if you have the money for it , including on discount , that's excludes helping others out , at the end of the day , footlocker is the winner

You don't have that right as an employee though. Do you seriously not understand that?

You can buy stuff, just don't make it hot. Like, really hot for yourself. It depends. One person I know dropped 5K in a month (how or why, I have no clue), but he was called into the office and they spoke to him about it. He wasn't fired and he was relatively new. I knew another person who ordered way less, but ordered different shoe sizes and got knocked, but that person was being considered for firing for other infractions, they just needed a reason to fire said person. It depends on your situation. They look at it from a standpoint like you're reselling product and cheating the store's profit.

ONLY if you're buying multiple sizes (discount) , if you're not using using your discount , you can do pretty much anything you want , heads be watching them cameras no lie , but if I buy 6 pair of shoes for MYSELF , you can't tell me ANYTHING

Last edited:
ONLY if you're buying multiple sizes (discount) , if you're not using using your discount , you can do pretty much anything you want , heads be watching them cameras no lie , but if I buy 6 pair of shoes for MYSELF , you can't tell me ANYTHING
Yeah, true. Especially at full price

You don't have that right as an employee though. Do you seriously not understand that?

I've been there for 5+ years sir , I know the rules , grab a footlocker employee book , and show me that I cannot buy multiple shoes

:lol: :lol:

You can buy shoes. But you cannot buy an insane amount on discount. You probably think 3 pairs a month is flexing but that's not even what I'm talking about. You cannot buy x amount over what you make without raising suspicion on why you are doing that.

:lol: :lol:

You can buy shoes. But you cannot buy an insane amount on discount. You probably think 3 pairs a month is flexing but that's not even what I'm talking about. You cannot buy x amount over what you make without raising suspicion on why you are doing that.

Our limit on our discount is $500 , so you mean to tell me , if I spend hmmmm maybe $400 of $500 , I'm suspicious :rofl: , they should lower the discount then ,

What you not getting is , our discount limit is $500 , if you spend more , you get fired or questioned on why going over the limit of the card

So what's an insane amount?

Last edited:
You're the one making it seem like you're spending thousands on shoes. :rolleyes

$500 is NOTHING. :lol: :lol:

You're the one making it seem like you're spending thousands on shoes. :rolleyes

$500 is NOTHING. :lol: :lol:

My point exactly :lol: :lol: , that's the limit , so that's why I didn't see where you was coming from , $500 ain't NOTHING. At all , so I don't see how anything you buy raise suspiciousness :lol:

And if you talking about off discount , they DEFINITELY can't tell you anything

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom