Working at VECTOR

So today I was hired by a company called Vector who is marketing distributor of Cutco products. I've read in many forums and blogs that it's a scam. I've also read in other articles, its not a scam but just not an easy job. Anyone ever work for them? If you did can you tell me about your experience? Also, does anyone know anything about this? 

Heard you gotta sell knives that cost like $100?

Don't do it tho..

Someone recommended me and i got called for an interview.. I didn't even go, plus i was jobless at the time.. smh

Originally Posted by brownsuga1

So today I was hired by a company called Vector

Tomorrow you're gonna quit working for a company called Vector.

Don't you have to spend several hundred dollars just to buy a set of knives to take to your appointments??? That should raise red flags right there. My advice is get your friends to schedule appointments, you still get paid if they don't buy anything plus you most likely won't have to drive to far to waste money on gas. Good luck.

i'm not sure of this company
but any job like this that you have to pay $
before you get paid is a scam
if that applies

I left half way through the group interview as well. SMH. I got all suited up in my best attire and the interview was being held in a rundown brownstone in Harlem. Meanwhile the butch lesbian Chauncey that was there, all decked out in gold jewelry and a linen suit, kept grilling me from across the room the whole time I was there.

It's whack, you have to pay for your demo set, set up your own appointments, and that's all I know about it. I mean, if that is all that is to it, if you know a lot of people, you can make some quick money, but I would imagine you must make sales to continue earning the $17.50 per appointment (at least that was the rate back then).

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Don't you have to spend several hundred dollars just to buy a set of knives to take to your appointments??? That should raise red flags right there. My advice is get your friends to schedule appointments, you still get paid if they don't buy anything plus you most likely won't have to drive to far to waste money on gas. Good luck.

You have to buy 150 dollars worth and then when you quit you get the money back. AND that appointment idea was exactly what i was going to do. But I'm still conflicted as to if its as easy as that. Seems to good to be true

Bet you were like this "
eek.gif
" when dude cut the penny with the scissors.   

You have to buy 150 dollars worth and then when you quit you get the money back. AND that appointment idea was exactly what i was going to do. But I'm still conflicted as to if its as easy as that. Seems to good to be true
arent there tons of strings attatched?

http://www.spamlaws.com/vector-marketing-scam

laugh.gif
I'll admit I sat in one of their presentations the whole 1-2 hours. I was in HS and wanted to change jobs because I was getting sick of my employer.

Boy that was a waste of time.

got some friends that didn't get their money back when they quit..
grin.gif

just work at mcdonald's.

Don't even bother looking at the bright side, the success stories, or convince yourself that "hey... maybe I could make it work when no one else could"

No one wants to buy knives from you. People either A. have knives already or B. would trust an actual store and not a crappy company like Vector.

There's a reason EVERYONE gets hired... there's a reason it sounds like a good idea but no one says it is... don't even bother.

dont do it. they entice u with $15 then find out its $15 per appoinment and then u have to sell knives n crap to continue working. everyone i know that has went there either never started working or quit within a week lol

Anyone know of any success stories? lol. Maybe, I should just continue my search for a job.

talk to yourself infront of the mirror: will I be able to convince anyone to buy a set of knives?

not like it's a bad job and it's probably a good training if you want to be a sales man some day

laugh.gif
as summer approaches, I shall hear more and more about "VECTOR" in and out of NT. I'll give it a minimum of 3 threads for the summer.

I was in a similar situation except it was some supplement company called Usana. My friend brought me to an interview without telling who was the employer but I was desperate for a job so I went. I left halfway through.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Bet you were like this "
eek.gif
" when dude cut the penny with the scissors.   

laugh.gif
..I definitely was. 
Only real success story I heard was from one of my home girls who landed a desk job with them as someone who does craigslist posts and phonecalls to "Prospective employees" and even then she said it was all a scam because she had to invite her friends to come and lie about how great the job can be.   

Back
Top Bottom