Working at VECTOR

yo i worked there last summer and damn...it sucked haha. the 18.00/appointment sounds good and all but if they see you are not making any sales they are going to suspect something is going on. stayed 3 days and made about 100 sold like 3 products. the part about buying the demo set is true, although i was never charged for the set, they will tell you to buy the demo set to take with you to the appointments. hope this helps!

Biggie-Smalls-UPS.jpg

Vector is legit. They've managed to stay relevant for so long because they get suckers to get on board...

Originally Posted by NinerFaithful

I was in a similar situation except it was some supplement company called Usana. My friend brought me to an interview without telling who was the employer but I was desperate for a job so I went. I left halfway through.
That's how these things are.
laugh.gif
  %*%!@% wanna tell you to go to some interview/convention without any background info, and when you get there, all the "employees" do is tell you how they spend all the money they've made doing whatever the company does.  They NEVER tell you what they actually do...

Man who I am kidding, selling knives.....First off, many people in NYC dont want to buy knives for hundreds of dollars. Second, in these times, a brown guy....selling knives...uhhyeahh...ill save myself the trouble lol.

laugh.gif
vector

i remember those dudes comming to my old school and gassin everyone up with that "you wanna make good money" talk,   i remember pissing off this pimply faced mexican dude who was trying to convince everyone to work for vector.  dude was pitchin the $15 per hour and how you could make good money and drive a good car.  i asked him, "o really, well what type of car do you got from makin that vector money"   dude said he didn't have a car at the monent  i was just like
grin.gif
laugh.gif
  and left while my friends signed up all gassed up off how they were gonna make money and i was missing out.

a few weeks later i asked them how that vector money was lookin and one of them sadly looked at me and was like "man you were right that thing is a scam"

laugh.gif
it is a scam OP.

think about it... who would give random +#! HS/college kids $17 an hour without having any resume, qualifications, or previous experience? if it sounds too good to be true, it is. one of my friends got into it and gave them my name, i guess he thought he'd get paid more for referrals or something. needless to say i promptly hung up when they called me to set up an interview.

do you want a real summer job, where you make real money from a real company? here:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites
go to the jobs section and search "student" or "summer" or "internship".. last summer i found an easy internship at a marketing firm and made $15/hour, plus it was something i could put on my resume.

It's not a scam. I know people who use to work for them. They did phone calls though. One of my friends working the phones called me one day and we just talked like it was nothing. She didn't even get in trouble haha.

I signed up for an interview on Craiglist one summer and those dudes would not stop calling me, I was straight ducking them for a week, had me straight shook
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Funny this thread is made after I posted this in the quittig w/o notice thread
Originally Posted by Master Zik

Thefirst day after getting the rundown for those Vector Cutco knives. Itwas just introduction and the interviews for who made the cut. Aftermaking the cut with like 10 other ppl we learned how we got paid,rates, etc.

I said %%!@ it and got a real job in an art/graphic design/animationprogram helping kids. The guy called me after the next day I wassuppose to be there (I ducked the calls before) and I told some excuselike I went on a trip to T&T

They held this whole interview in the basement of an alley next to acorner store somewhere in Sheepshead Bay. Wore my good clothes fornothing
smh.gif
Now that I look back the majority of the ppl made the cut
laugh.gif
and to be clear I was 16 at the time. I dipped out cuz of the money they were asking for too. They got young kids selling their shoddy knives
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
. If you do the math you'd have to work harder a than car salesmen to make a profit

Anyone heard of Primerica and there whole pyramid scheme?

Almost got caught up in that just yesterday
smh.gif
smh.gif

My Manager. For you Seattle peeps she still might be the manager in the North Seattle area. I still see her husband at the Fredmeyers in lake city, and the office was off 105th and lake city way.

For all you creepers check out her Facebook fan page "Christina Gehring" formerly Christina Serstock for a sneak peak:wink: Spec. her Black and white photo set.

Sounds like a damn advertisement, but she seriously was my manager. 

332apzr.jpg

6j0ajn.jpg

2lne9li.jpg

2e0slyw.jpg

148fypu.jpg

laugh.gif
I remember getting something in the mail from them last summer. I was all happy thinking I was gonna make some cash over the summer until I learned about the scam thing.

edit: Yo that Christina chick is niceee. Maybe I should've went to the interview in Seattle
laugh.gif

^she looks good so ppl will buy her stuff,
these pyramid schemes will make you money, but int he long run , and when ur on top,
if you have time to try to sell stuff ppl already have for same (or maybe even higher) price, and you can do it, go ahead.
but its just as bad as working at the lotoin/bootleg perfume stand at the mall

LMAO

Don't do it. Run, I tell ya.

They're hard on the job sites too, but they can easily be sniffed a mile away.

Originally Posted by vdubsta

My Manager. For you Seattle peeps she still might be the manager in the North Seattle area. I still see her husband at the Fredmeyers in lake city, and the office was off 105th and lake city way.

For all you creepers check out her Facebook fan page "Christina Gehring" formerly Christina Serstock for a sneak peak:wink: Spec. her Black and white photo set.

Sounds like a damn advertisement, but she seriously was my manager. 

332apzr.jpg

6j0ajn.jpg

2lne9li.jpg

2e0slyw.jpg

148fypu.jpg
Lol yep that's where I went. In her pinstripe mafia lookin female zoot suit

laugh.gif
good looks NT i was just about to call these people up but i remembered this thread so i thought i read it before i call

smh.gif
i knew it was to good to be true had me all hyped and %%!#

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I have an idiot friend I know from high school who managed to work at Vector...and then hopped to Usana.
Next in line would be ACN.  LOL.  Then the world. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I have an idiot friend I know from high school who managed to work at Vector...and then hopped to Usana.
Next in line would be[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] ACN[/color].  LOL.  Then the world. 
grin.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

my hommie set me & dude up for this one

they think soo big of themselfs cause " Donald Trump " is the Cosigning this mess

they moving to P.Rico to hustle the non-english speakers
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

they sell " video phones & soon bout to attach the name to The light-bill "

when they said the light=bill thing

the ring-leader said " OMG I CANT EVEN SLEEP @ NIGHT THINKING BOUT THIS " 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

DUDE WHO WAS THERE ASKED HOW MUCH FOR THE PHONE ...$500 YOU SAID RIGHT?

THEN DUDE TURNS AROUND AND SAYS

" NO ....$499"
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
>>>
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom