World of Niche

After seeing a write up about this place on Hypebeast I decided to make a reservation and check it out....

Once I got in the sales rep (think his name is Bennington) took my coat, asked me to take off my shoes and gave me a pair of slippers to wear in store...oh and they asked that I leave my cell phone on a tray by the window as they do not allow pictures/video in the store.

Then I sat sipping my free bottle of water (of course I want the bottled water Sir) while this guy opens up the giant bronze globe in the middle of the store to reveal the 3 style offerings..a running inspired sneaker, a basketball inspired sneaker and a boot. Each come in 3 colors and limited to 50 pairs each.

I tried on the runner which reminded me of a sleeker, more lux version of the Puma x Kith RF698....lucky for me my giant hobbit feet were too wide for them cause they cost $300 + tax. The packaging, materials and design were all very good. 

I asked the sales rep questions about the brand but he said he could not answer most of my questions such as brand history, ownership, designers etc. I personally think Ronnie from Kith has a hand in it (they are literally next door to the Kith women's store and across the street from Kith/Atrium).  

Overall it was a cool experience and if I had $330 to waste (and a small foot) I might have bought the runners...the other 2 were not my style (basketball shoe reminded of Creative Recs and the Boot looked like every other Japanese boot I've seen)

Once I told homey I wasn't buying he could not get me out of there fast enough..lol

Has anyone else been there and actually bought something ?

http://www.gq.com/story/world-of-niche-sneaker-store-new-york-city

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom