World's 1% to own 2/3 of global wealth by 2030

Despite the chorus coming from Wall Street, The City of London, the Economist's editorial board and France's current President, The French Republic delivers more dignity and economic security to it's poorest citizens than the US does. In fact, that can be said of all pre 2004 Eurozone nations. This is despite austerity imposed from without and corruption and slow growth from within.

Neoliberals have to tip their hats to Germany and Scandinavia (albeit in a vaguely racist way) but then claim that France and the Mediterranean members of the EU are basically failed States whose only hope lies in the embrace of full privatization and even more austerity. What is most important is to understand that even during recession and times of stagnation and austerity, developed nations, including the so called PIIGS can afford to deliver things like quality public transportation as well as low and no cost healthcare and higher education to their citizens.

If you live in the US, you must ask why is it that poorer Countries like Spain and Portugal can afford these things, why don't we have those things? The answer is centered around political priorities and not scarcity, as some would claim.

've spent a good amount of time in France and beg to differ, the French know how to enjoy life much more, 3 hour long lunches with better quality food, work much less hours, less stressed.

3 hour lunches? DF i need 3 hours to eat a sandwich?

it explains why there's chronic unemployment out there & massive debt... someone gotta pay for that :lol:

it explains why there's chronic unemployment out there & massive debt... someone gotta pay for that :lol:

When the baguette is that crusty, you gotta take ya time.

It's a different way of life, in NYC you're probably just eating a chopped cheese or a couple of beef patties or whatever it is if you're trying to be in that $10 a day for subway/ and lunch budget so you're scarfing that down and getting back in the rat race to pay your pricey rent just to be able to live in NYC, you spend so much time working and less enjoying/living that you're really working for your landlord since NYC can be cheap for transportation/food but the housing is pricey unless you have rent control or NYCHA housing or living with family or some other workaround. Difference in lifestyles can be summed up as Americans live to work and French work to live

In Italy they have extended lunches so you can retreat to your home base, relax, eat with your family and take a siesta. Possibly take care of errands, doctor appointments, etc.

It's not only about eating. I know that's hard to understand as an American. Europeans place a higher value on family, charity and quality of life.

It’s not just eating a sandwich. Its to relax, nap, might even burn a bowl and clown with your colleagues. Work to live not live to work.

yeah umm...no, do my job and get df outta there.

surprised anything gets done on that timeline :lol:

Reduce reproduction by 30%,increase quality of public education: problem solved (somewhat).

Emotional responses coming in 5,4,3,2..........

It's a different way of life, in NYC you're probably just eating a chopped cheese or a couple of beef patties or whatever it is if you're trying to be in that $10 a day for subway/ and lunch budget so you're scarfing that down and getting back in the rat race to pay your pricey rent just to be able to live in NYC, you spend so much time working and less enjoying/living that you're really working for your landlord since NYC can be cheap for transportation/food but the housing is pricey unless you have rent control or NYCHA housing or living with family or some other workaround. Difference in lifestyles can be summed up as Americans live to work and French work to live

he probably has half an hour to inhale his lunch :lol:

Also peep this book

51-1yK2skJL._SX314_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Dude was right there in the middle of it. The US goes to these countries (ie. Indonesia, Iran, Panama, Iraq, Saui Arabia just to name a few) and tells them they'll loan them money to "build up" that country and it'll benefit the entire economy. Catch is they have to hire American firms to do those projects and only the elite of said country benefits by pocketing the money. The poor get poorer and the rich get richer.

If they don't play ball they label them as terrorists/criminals, see Noriega.

If they do they become America's puppet, see Saudi Arabia (which btw is the number #1 source of terrorism...go figure).

ALL TRUTH. I'm from Panama, lived there in the 80's and during the invasion. I know all the stories and behind the scene shadiness that went on. The United States never does anything to help other countries without depleting their resources and raising their foreign debt.

Back
Top Bottom