Worse betrayal: LBJ --> Miami or Favre --> Minnesota?

The Packers set up their heir (Conan) and Favre (Leno) retired. Then he tried to come back and smartly they said, Rodgers is great and you're old. It's not gonna work out. So Favre dabbled in cable tv (Jets) but then hooked up with their rivals, Vikings (Fox). Everyone was excited that he still had it. Especially after NYJ. I mean, The Saints were the feel good story of the year, but people still would've been happy with the Vikings beating them. 

The only mad people were in Green Bay. Everyone else understood and were ok with the situation. We just wished that we could get an answer in a week instead of 6 months. So we could stop hearing about it.

When ______ gave his timetable of 'give me the weekend and I'll decide on Monday.' Everyone thought that was reasonable. Literally every single day past Monday was the most insulting, disrespectful thing for basketball. From the reporters to the sportswriters to the bloggers to ESPN as a whole from July 5-8. 

smh.gif
Seriously, #+** ESPN as a staff, worldwide leader in sports and as a $@*+###@$@!@@ source of information. Chris Broussard having %%@%+@$%%!%@@.

Sports are easy. Look that guy's a winner. That guy's a loser. That guy's unlucky. That guy sucks. That guy was too much. That other guy almost had it. People have long conversations, but that's really what it comes down to. That guy won 6 times in a row just about. He's clutch. That guy got maddd help, *. The people who +$**% that he has a right to make that choice, are gonna be talking forever. 

Unless he does a lot to change the way things are that's the one second bio of No-Name James. Look how much OKC did in one playoff run, but then no one had ever seen them and it was a shock that the NBA could hide a team that good and young. The problem is, we've already seen ______ and DWade. The person with the most to gain from this is Bosh. And that's if he even makes the all-star game with Amare and Boozer in the East and his numbers deflating down south. At least people will see him, more than the one garbage playoff series every other year.

The greatest of players team tends to happen kinda naturally. You can push an event or two like Memphis being cheap, and letting LA be the only offer they really listen to. But there's nothing natural about this. It's an exception to a lot of rules, and those only make people feel really good or really bad. They felt really good about what happened in Boston. They feel really bad about what happened in Miami. If the Lakers don't lose to the Pistons in 04, they'd be calling Shaq the greatest of all time. Kobe would be Pippen.

But there was no meltdown. No fights, no primadonnas, just a lot of lies. Everyone's used to speculation, no one's used to lies. They're used to people changing their minds and having massive plans [Boston '07], but Rat Riley's not about to get Executive of the Year. No matter how good Miami goes, Spoelstra's probably not getting Coach of the Year. There's a good chance that no MVP is coming out of Miami. You can't accept that all of ^ things are true, but it's fine that ______ went to Miami. It's a big, bad deal.

They're probably gonna be fun to watch, but how do you root for them? They're not allowed to lose.
smh.gif

The Packers set up their heir (Conan) and Favre (Leno) retired. Then he tried to come back and smartly they said, Rodgers is great and you're old. It's not gonna work out. So Favre dabbled in cable tv (Jets) but then hooked up with their rivals, Vikings (Fox). Everyone was excited that he still had it. Especially after NYJ. I mean, The Saints were the feel good story of the year, but people still would've been happy with the Vikings beating them. 

The only mad people were in Green Bay. Everyone else understood and were ok with the situation. We just wished that we could get an answer in a week instead of 6 months. So we could stop hearing about it.

When ______ gave his timetable of 'give me the weekend and I'll decide on Monday.' Everyone thought that was reasonable. Literally every single day past Monday was the most insulting, disrespectful thing for basketball. From the reporters to the sportswriters to the bloggers to ESPN as a whole from July 5-8. 

smh.gif
Seriously, #+** ESPN as a staff, worldwide leader in sports and as a $@*+###@$@!@@ source of information. Chris Broussard having %%@%+@$%%!%@@.

Sports are easy. Look that guy's a winner. That guy's a loser. That guy's unlucky. That guy sucks. That guy was too much. That other guy almost had it. People have long conversations, but that's really what it comes down to. That guy won 6 times in a row just about. He's clutch. That guy got maddd help, *. The people who +$**% that he has a right to make that choice, are gonna be talking forever. 

Unless he does a lot to change the way things are that's the one second bio of No-Name James. Look how much OKC did in one playoff run, but then no one had ever seen them and it was a shock that the NBA could hide a team that good and young. The problem is, we've already seen ______ and DWade. The person with the most to gain from this is Bosh. And that's if he even makes the all-star game with Amare and Boozer in the East and his numbers deflating down south. At least people will see him, more than the one garbage playoff series every other year.

The greatest of players team tends to happen kinda naturally. You can push an event or two like Memphis being cheap, and letting LA be the only offer they really listen to. But there's nothing natural about this. It's an exception to a lot of rules, and those only make people feel really good or really bad. They felt really good about what happened in Boston. They feel really bad about what happened in Miami. If the Lakers don't lose to the Pistons in 04, they'd be calling Shaq the greatest of all time. Kobe would be Pippen.

But there was no meltdown. No fights, no primadonnas, just a lot of lies. Everyone's used to speculation, no one's used to lies. They're used to people changing their minds and having massive plans [Boston '07], but Rat Riley's not about to get Executive of the Year. No matter how good Miami goes, Spoelstra's probably not getting Coach of the Year. There's a good chance that no MVP is coming out of Miami. You can't accept that all of ^ things are true, but it's fine that ______ went to Miami. It's a big, bad deal.

They're probably gonna be fun to watch, but how do you root for them? They're not allowed to lose.
smh.gif

I don't think either of these guys betrayed their teams. Lebron did the best he could and was definitely the best thing to hit cleveland. I'm glad that atleast 1 person acknowledged that farvre went to the JETS before the vikings. He did his thing in GB.

I don't think either of these guys betrayed their teams. Lebron did the best he could and was definitely the best thing to hit cleveland. I'm glad that atleast 1 person acknowledged that farvre went to the JETS before the vikings. He did his thing in GB.

Its Lebron to Miami and its not even close. The two situations are very different.

Favre wasn't born in Wisconsin
Favre didnt play highschool ball in Wisconsin
Favre didnt get drafted by Greenbay
Favre didnt promise a ring to Greenbay
Favre won a ring with Greenbay.
Favre had already spent like 17 years with Greenbay
Favre's first choice was Greenbay
Favre got kicked out of Greenbay by management
Greenbay had an up and coming star on deck in Aaron Rodgers

Lebron was born in Ohio
Lebron played highschool in Ohio
Lebron got drafted by Cleveland
Lebron promised a ring to Cleveland
Lebron did not win a ring in Cleveland
Lebron's about to be in his prime as he left
Lebron had 5 different 1st choices
Lebron was literally a king in the Cleveland orginization
The best player left on that sqaud is Mo Williams. lol

I still hate Favre.

Its Lebron to Miami and its not even close. The two situations are very different.

Favre wasn't born in Wisconsin
Favre didnt play highschool ball in Wisconsin
Favre didnt get drafted by Greenbay
Favre didnt promise a ring to Greenbay
Favre won a ring with Greenbay.
Favre had already spent like 17 years with Greenbay
Favre's first choice was Greenbay
Favre got kicked out of Greenbay by management
Greenbay had an up and coming star on deck in Aaron Rodgers

Lebron was born in Ohio
Lebron played highschool in Ohio
Lebron got drafted by Cleveland
Lebron promised a ring to Cleveland
Lebron did not win a ring in Cleveland
Lebron's about to be in his prime as he left
Lebron had 5 different 1st choices
Lebron was literally a king in the Cleveland orginization
The best player left on that sqaud is Mo Williams. lol

I still hate Favre.

Originally Posted by cubanref

Honestly in my opinion neither of them betrayed their teams...first and foremost its a business. LBJ wasn't obligated to go back to the Cavs, he did what he felt was the best thing for himself. Just imagine had he been a bust, you think people would be upset because he left? Fans and owners only love you when you're doing well and making the team money. If anything the team and the fans should be thanking LBJ for everything he did for them and his fans should continue to support him if they are true fans of his and I'm not even a fan of LBJ...

Best response in this thread.

Originally Posted by cubanref

Honestly in my opinion neither of them betrayed their teams...first and foremost its a business. LBJ wasn't obligated to go back to the Cavs, he did what he felt was the best thing for himself. Just imagine had he been a bust, you think people would be upset because he left? Fans and owners only love you when you're doing well and making the team money. If anything the team and the fans should be thanking LBJ for everything he did for them and his fans should continue to support him if they are true fans of his and I'm not even a fan of LBJ...

Best response in this thread.

Comparing the two is almost disrespectful to Brett Favre. As much as people hate him, hate his retirement drama, hate his stupid interceptions, hate his constant ESPN coverage....you can never take away that he is a Super Bowl champion. Lebron James has won nothing and ran away to find a place he can win at. Favre is just as much a drama queen as Lebron is, but one of the 2 has actually won something without ring chasing.

Comparing the two is almost disrespectful to Brett Favre. As much as people hate him, hate his retirement drama, hate his stupid interceptions, hate his constant ESPN coverage....you can never take away that he is a Super Bowl champion. Lebron James has won nothing and ran away to find a place he can win at. Favre is just as much a drama queen as Lebron is, but one of the 2 has actually won something without ring chasing.

Back
Top Bottom