would you play in retro IVs?

i own a pair of retro IIIs and they are awful for playng in. they feel like the original 80's sole. the ankle comfort is great, but feels like your barefoot is on the floor.
my fear is the same will be for the IVs.

im looking at some, but would like to play in them. may pass if they arent very good.

yalls thoughts?

I wouldnt. They have a lower ankle cut than other basketball shoes and the traction isnt as good. I sprained my ankle while wearing IIIs so i dont trust lowcut shoes for ball anymore.

i do wear ASO ankle braces everytime i play regardless the shoe...

but comfort is important to me

They do feel pretty comfy tho. Not too flat and not too soft. Your choice if you wanna wear

^^^ NO for me these things have NO comfort ... I hate wearing IV's in general , they dont feel comfortable .

I've played in them many times and don't really have much of a problem. The Black Cats, Militaries, and the Mars were all good for me, but I'vealways liked playing in the retros. They are basketball shoes.

While the Jordan IV may have originally been intented to use as a basketball shoe, the quality of recent retro IVs is so poor that it almost becomes aliability. Not only that, major advances have been made in both material and design of today's basketball shoes that it really makes no sense to wear aninferior product.

99's yes, recent retros no, I can't even wear my military blues casually without pain around the outside of my little toes after about 20 minutes. Samewith recent retro V's digging into the back of your heels, didn't have that problem with the 2001's. Let's face it, most of these retros arejust for looks. My one exception is the recent X/XIII DMP pack. This pack was definetly the best as far
as quality that I have seen from JB in years. I have played ball in both and they both perform outstanding, just like the originals.

The new retros are not for hooping, but the best bet would be for you to try them yourself and see how they work for you.

on nicekicks, there have been pics of pros hooping in CDP XIs as well as black cat IIIs. I don't remember who but really, it's not the shoes it'syour game that matters

The older J's are tough to play for me they just don't have any padding to cushion your feet when running or jumping.

Originally Posted by BallinB

ballin in low tops = a sprained ankle
you're dead wrong. ballin in high tops = a sprained ankle too. it doesn't matter, you're gonna roll it when you land on someone'sfoot regardless.

I personally think that any retro Jordan is best left for casual wearing. If you need basketball shoes, get some with current technology in them.

Of course you can sprain your ankle in any type of shoe. However, you have a much higher chance of spraining your ankle if you're wearing lows. Just wearankle braces, that's all im saying buddy.

i wouldnt ball in them, just not enough ankle support, even with taped ankles, you can still roll or sprain them.

Honesty, have every Jordan from 1-XX3, I would'nt play ball in any of them. I would buy some other Nike product. I always considered Jordans classy luxurygym shoes before the recent flop in quality and stuff that we all complain about.

theyre awful basketball shoes.... grip is not good and the ankle cut is too low for my taste... however to each is his own and some might like it. i think itsa personal opinion

Back
Top Bottom