[| -- Wouldn't you like to attend this NYE Party in Las Vegas? -- |]

391973DSC_6109.JPG

Is that Akon in the picture?
laugh.gif

391973DSC_6096.JPG

laugh.gif
@ dude to the left.

laugh.gif
dude in the first picture up there is Akon's brother, Boo.

everyone looks like they had a blast. i see my baby Cassie lurking in the cut
nerd.gif
Diddy makes sure the cuffs are on at all times.

laugh.gif
dude in the first picture up there is Akon's brother, Boo.

everyone looks like they had a blast. i see my baby Cassie lurking in the cut
nerd.gif
Diddy makes sure the cuffs are on at all times.

Gilt had this package on sale for 5K like 3 or 4 weeks ago. You got a crazy suite, a 300 dollar meal ticket to use at the Marquee restaurants, 2 tickets for this party, and 2 more tickets for some recovery BBQ the next day. And your stay was Thursday til Today.

Gilt had this package on sale for 5K like 3 or 4 weeks ago. You got a crazy suite, a 300 dollar meal ticket to use at the Marquee restaurants, 2 tickets for this party, and 2 more tickets for some recovery BBQ the next day. And your stay was Thursday til Today.

Oh damn, so that stuff is Ace of Spades... I've tried a good amount of champagnes but never had that.

laugh.gif
Is that really Akon's bro?

Oh damn, so that stuff is Ace of Spades... I've tried a good amount of champagnes but never had that.

laugh.gif
Is that really Akon's bro?

I thought that Ace of Spades was proven to be fraud though?

[table][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
armand1.jpg
By now you have probably seen Jay-Z's new video for'Show Me What You Got' and wondered about that golden champagne bottle and the 'ace of spades' line dropped by Jay-Z in the song.
Two days after the video premiered, a press release issued by 'Armand de Brignac' intrigued me, here is the link: [URL]http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061018/nyw076.html?.v=71[/url] , the title says it all: 'Armand de Brignac Champagne: Showcased in New Jay-Z Video 'Show Me What You Got.'
Being from France, I know a few things about luxury champagnes and had never heard of Armand de Brignac, another thing that intrigued me was the following phrase in their press release: 'The brand is making its North American debut this year, after enjoying success as a premium, high-end brand in France.' Weird... if it's so successful in France, then it must be France's best kept secret! Why is there no sign of this brand when you google it, besides the recent press release and blog buzz (http://www.luxist.com)about Armand de Brignac being the 'new Cristal'?
I put on my filthy Columbo trench coat, I'm now on a mission.

First stop: Armanddebrignac.com . There, a picture of the bottle, a brief history of the brand and at the bottom of the page, 'Today's News about Armand de Brignac' linking to the press release about the Jay-Z video.

A quick 'Whois' lookup shows the creation dates of their .com domain names:
- Armanddebrignac.com
Creation Date: 14-Oct-2006

- Armandchampagne.com:
Creation Date: 14-Jul-2006

For a successful premium high end brand founded in 1763, it's a pretty late domain registration date, don't you think?

The person who registered the domain name has an email ending with '@3vodka.com' , a division of Sovereign Brands, LLC.
When searching for 3Vodka, I came across this: http://www.3vodka.com/press/JD.html : 'JERMAINE DUPRI BECOMES A PARTNER AND OWNER OF 3 VODKA. Breakthrough Vodka Brand Partners With Renowned Music Industry Mogul.' Interesting, so they've already made deals with Hip-Hop 'moguls'...

Let's see what else is in the Armand de Brignac press release, 'Vinted at a family estate in the tiny village of Chigny-les- Roses in the French countryside.' I decide to go to Chigny les Roses's official website where all the champagne makers are listed. They all have websites so I send them emails regardind the Armand de Brignac champagne. 2 of them responded with the same answer: 'this champagne is the property of Cattier Champagne'; http://www.cattier.com . Bingo! If you go to their website, no mention of the Armand de Brignac brand, very weird for a so-called prestigious brand. A quick call to Cattier's offices confirms they are indeed behind Armand de Brignac.
One of their champagnes, the 'Antique Gold' has a similar bottle, it is sold for around $40.
The bottles look similar...
[/font]
[table][tr][td]
armandcattier.jpg

[/td] [td]
armand2.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

A champagne maker from the same village of Chigny les Roses tells me: 'there's about 40 champagne makers/dealers in Chigny les Roses and absolutely no Mr. Brignac here nor in the region of the Montagne de Reims. In my opinion, this brand was completely fabricated to respond to a market demand from a certain type of customers. This brand is unknown in France, if it were, communicating on the ownership of a winery without you actually owning its name or claiming an incorrect established date is deceitful and unlawful here.'

This kind of makes sense since Jay-Z launched a public boycott of Cristal champagne in June (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13350034/) and banned it from his 40/40 clubs following comments from Frederic Rouzaud, managing director of Louis Roederer, maker of Cristal.
My guess is Armand de Brignac is a US brand recently created following the Cristal boycott, they probably partnered with French champagne maker Cattier because this is the only way to obtain the 'Champagne' label. In no way it is popular in France, why would it be exported to the US just now?

In the press release, the company makes sure they say: 'This is not a case of product placement as Armand de Brignac and Jay-Z have not entered into any agreement, sponsorship or otherwise.'
I'm not sure if this is true but this is very suspect. Only 2 days after the video airs, they already issue a press release with a description of the scene: Jay-Z's 'makes his way to a party, where he drops a rhyme about Armand - "Gold Bottles of that Ace of Spades." - while holding the Champagne bottle. If this is a new champagne brand, why do they say 'Armand de Brignac, also called “Ace of Spades
[/font]
[/td][/tr][/table]

I thought that Ace of Spades was proven to be fraud though?

[table][tr][td]
armand1.jpg
By now you have probably seen Jay-Z's new video for'Show Me What You Got' and wondered about that golden champagne bottle and the 'ace of spades' line dropped by Jay-Z in the song.
Two days after the video premiered, a press release issued by 'Armand de Brignac' intrigued me, here is the link: [URL]http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061018/nyw076.html?.v=71[/url] , the title says it all: 'Armand de Brignac Champagne: Showcased in New Jay-Z Video 'Show Me What You Got.'
Being from France, I know a few things about luxury champagnes and had never heard of Armand de Brignac, another thing that intrigued me was the following phrase in their press release: 'The brand is making its North American debut this year, after enjoying success as a premium, high-end brand in France.' Weird... if it's so successful in France, then it must be France's best kept secret! Why is there no sign of this brand when you google it, besides the recent press release and blog buzz (http://www.luxist.com)about Armand de Brignac being the 'new Cristal'?
I put on my filthy Columbo trench coat, I'm now on a mission.

First stop: Armanddebrignac.com . There, a picture of the bottle, a brief history of the brand and at the bottom of the page, 'Today's News about Armand de Brignac' linking to the press release about the Jay-Z video.

A quick 'Whois' lookup shows the creation dates of their .com domain names:
- Armanddebrignac.com
Creation Date: 14-Oct-2006

- Armandchampagne.com:
Creation Date: 14-Jul-2006

For a successful premium high end brand founded in 1763, it's a pretty late domain registration date, don't you think?

The person who registered the domain name has an email ending with '@3vodka.com' , a division of Sovereign Brands, LLC.
When searching for 3Vodka, I came across this: http://www.3vodka.com/press/JD.html : 'JERMAINE DUPRI BECOMES A PARTNER AND OWNER OF 3 VODKA. Breakthrough Vodka Brand Partners With Renowned Music Industry Mogul.' Interesting, so they've already made deals with Hip-Hop 'moguls'...

Let's see what else is in the Armand de Brignac press release, 'Vinted at a family estate in the tiny village of Chigny-les- Roses in the French countryside.' I decide to go to Chigny les Roses's official website where all the champagne makers are listed. They all have websites so I send them emails regardind the Armand de Brignac champagne. 2 of them responded with the same answer: 'this champagne is the property of Cattier Champagne'; http://www.cattier.com . Bingo! If you go to their website, no mention of the Armand de Brignac brand, very weird for a so-called prestigious brand. A quick call to Cattier's offices confirms they are indeed behind Armand de Brignac.
One of their champagnes, the 'Antique Gold' has a similar bottle, it is sold for around $40.
The bottles look similar...
[/font]
[table][tr][td]
armandcattier.jpg

[/td] [td]
armand2.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

A champagne maker from the same village of Chigny les Roses tells me: 'there's about 40 champagne makers/dealers in Chigny les Roses and absolutely no Mr. Brignac here nor in the region of the Montagne de Reims. In my opinion, this brand was completely fabricated to respond to a market demand from a certain type of customers. This brand is unknown in France, if it were, communicating on the ownership of a winery without you actually owning its name or claiming an incorrect established date is deceitful and unlawful here.'

This kind of makes sense since Jay-Z launched a public boycott of Cristal champagne in June (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13350034/) and banned it from his 40/40 clubs following comments from Frederic Rouzaud, managing director of Louis Roederer, maker of Cristal.
My guess is Armand de Brignac is a US brand recently created following the Cristal boycott, they probably partnered with French champagne maker Cattier because this is the only way to obtain the 'Champagne' label. In no way it is popular in France, why would it be exported to the US just now?

In the press release, the company makes sure they say: 'This is not a case of product placement as Armand de Brignac and Jay-Z have not entered into any agreement, sponsorship or otherwise.'
I'm not sure if this is true but this is very suspect. Only 2 days after the video airs, they already issue a press release with a description of the scene: Jay-Z's 'makes his way to a party, where he drops a rhyme about Armand - "Gold Bottles of that Ace of Spades." - while holding the Champagne bottle. If this is a new champagne brand, why do they say 'Armand de Brignac, also called “Ace of Spades
[/font]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by JD161616

Originally Posted by Lalph Rauren

how much is a bottle of ace of spades
Not sure there's a set price, but the store by me sells the standard gold bottle for $300. In the club, however, I'm sure it's $1000+. Never bought a bottle, but I've been at a sponsored event where I've tried a glass. I'm sure it's good quality to a champagne connoisseur, but tasted like any other champagne to me.
you guys are idiots.. just cause Jay-z drinks it doesnt make it expensive I've seen bottles go for 200-500

Not sure there's a set price, but the store by me sells the standard gold bottle for $300. In the club, however, I'm sure it's $1000+. Never bought a bottle, but I've been at a sponsored event where I've tried a glass. I'm sure it's good quality to a champagne connoisseur, but tasted like any other champagne to me.
you guys are idiots.. just cause Jay-z drinks it doesnt make it expensive I've seen bottles go for 200-500

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

...Im assuming you've never popped any type of bottle in a CLUB before....Bottles of  'tron or Goose can go for $100+....

...Im assuming you've never popped any type of bottle in a CLUB before....Bottles of  'tron or Goose can go for $100+....

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Big man he asked how much is a bottle of ace of spades my supplier can have them for that price. he never said he wanted to pop in a club he asked HOW MUCH FOR A BOTTLE. Go back in your BMW and go sleep

Big man he asked how much is a bottle of ace of spades my supplier can have them for that price. he never said he wanted to pop in a club he asked HOW MUCH FOR A BOTTLE. Go back in your BMW and go sleep

So why bold the club price portion?....Then proceed to call him an idiot?...

....Right....

Back
Top Bottom