Wow: Kobe Has A Story About Kwame Brown (Damn This Is Funny/Messed Up)

There is a video there as well, so just click the link - http://www.washingtonpost.../07/gIQAgsdnSL_blog.html

“I got to say, it was tough doing it that year. I was playing with guys, God bless them — God bless them — but Kwame Brown. Smush Parker. We had one game right before…by the way, what I say here, I say directly to them, see what I’m saying, I don’t talk behind people’s back. Things that I say to you, I’m comfortable saying this to them and I’ve said this to them...But like, the game before we traded for Pau, were playing Detroit and I had like 40 points towards the end of the game. This is back when Detroit had Rasheed [Wallace], Chauncey [Billups] and those guys, so we had no business being in the game. So down the stretch of the game, they put in a box and one. So I’m surrounded by these players, Detroit players, and Kwame is under the basket, all by himself. Literally, like all by himself. So I pass him the ball, he bobbled it and it goes out of bounds.
“So we go back to the timeout and I’m [upset], right? He goes, ‘I was wide open.’ ‘Yeah, I know.’ This is how I’m talking to him, like, during the game. I said, ‘You’re going to be open again, Kwame, because Rasheed is just totally ignoring you.’ He said, ‘Well, if I’m open don’t throw it to me.’ I was like, ‘Huh?’ He said, ‘Don’t throw it to me.’ I said, ‘Why not?’ He said, well, ‘I’m nervous. If I catch it and they foul me, I won’t make the free throws.’ I said, ‘Hell no!’
“I go to Phil [Jackson], I say, ‘Hey Phil, take him out of the game.’ He’s like, ‘Nah, let him figure it out.’ So, we lose the game, I go the locker room, I’m steaming. Steaming. I’m furious. Then, finally I get a call, they said, ‘You know what, we got something that’s happening with Pau.’ I was like, ‘Alright. Cool.’…That’s what I had to deal with the whole year.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

I hate Kobe, but this was hilarious.. Kwame sucks. I would hate having to lead that team.

He never gets enough credit for how far he did go with them

my dude
pimp.gif

"Smush... Wheeew.. I'm Not Even Going To Get Into That."
laugh.gif

Life was bad for Bean for 2yrs... WOW. BIG WOOP.

He's been fortunate to only have a %**++$ team for 2 out of the 15 yrs he's been in the league, he was drafted onto a team that had 3 ALL STARS, you know how many stars would kill to be able to say that?

Look at those squads Iverson, Mac, Carter back when he wasn't a #%@#% had to play with. Look at the squads G Hill & Penny had to play with before they went down.

Big @%%@@## Woop.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif

He's been fortunate to only have a %**++$ team for 2 out of the 15 yrs he's been in the league, he was drafted onto a team that had 3 ALL STARS, you know how many stars would kill to be able to say that?

Look at those squads Iverson, Mac, Carter back when he wasn't a #%@#% had to play with. Look at the squads G Hill & Penny had to play with before they went down.

Big @%%@@## Woop.
QFT

laugh.gif

Big @%%@@## Woop.
Tell em' why u mad son!
laugh.gif

Bean is that dude but c'mon son. GTFOHWTBSG no one cares about those those two years because he got exactly what you asked for. He got to be THE MAN on his own squad. Consider it the Penalty of Leadership

laugh.gif
@ "Don't throw me the ball"

I almost feel bad for all the +$!$ Kwame has had to deal with, but it's his own fault for not just going to college like he should have

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

I saw this the other day.

Too funny
laugh.gif

I would love to hear his Smush Parker story.

Definitely not topping "our" Smush Parker story here on NT... definitely!

laugh.gif

Big @%%@@## Woop.

Truth.

laugh.gif

Big @%%@@## Woop.
Trill Talk.

laugh.gif

Big @%%@@## Woop.
1547587_o.gif

laugh.gif

Big @%%@@## Woop.
Pretty much. Kobe's had more good situations than most guys in NBA history.

I agree w/ everything CAKE said.

Also, this is a cornball move (telling these stories to the public in the year 2011).  Really?

The team that Bron took to the Finals wasn't even that much better than this supporting cast.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

I hate Kobe, but this was hilarious.. Kwame sucks. I would hate having to lead that team.

He never gets enough credit for how far he did go with them
never
30t6p3b.gif

niketalks smush parker story > any kobe smush parker story.

regarding the post shaq pre pau lakers of the 04-05 season to feb 08. all i can say is kwame brown cost them a trip to the western conference finals in 06 against a dallas team they played well against at that time. aside from that those years sucked. they had a good start in 06-07 and were 4th in the west til about late january then injuries and bad play sank in, and 04-05 was a nightmare.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

I agree w/ everything CAKE said.

Also, this is a cornball move (telling these stories to the public in the year 2011).  Really?

The team that Bron took to the Finals wasn't even that much better than this supporting cast.
It was only a matter of time
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom