Wow: Kobe Has A Story About Kwame Brown (Damn This Is Funny/Messed Up)

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

niketalks smush parker story > any kobe smush parker story.

regarding the post shaq pre pau lakers of the 04-05 season to feb 08. all i can say is kwame brown cost them a trip to the western conference finals in 06 against a dallas team they played well against at that time. aside from that those years sucked. they had a good start in 06-07 and were 4th in the west til about late january then injuries and bad play sank in, and 04-05 was a nightmare.
I don't follow Ced? In 2006, the Lakers lost to the Suns in the first round of the playoffs in 7 games after blowing a 3-1 lead. Mavs only played the Grizz, Spurs and Amare-less Suns on route to the 2006 Finals.

He's saying if the Lakers get past the Suns, they probably would have beaten the Clippers. (who we split the season series with) I agree & feel they would have beat Dallas also. (We won the season series against them.)

Originally Posted by USAFAnt

Originally Posted by PMatic

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Sheesh....

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
My goodness.

why would kwame be scared to make some free throws it only takes less than 3min. man that guy. he shouldve played liked amare stoudamire or shaq...

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by USAFAnt

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Sheesh....

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
My goodness.
All of that was in 1 game?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm pretty sure all of the top players have stories just like the one Kobe told.  You know someone like Charles Barkley would have all kinds of stories about some of the teammates he had to play with.

Dudes become wild irrational when it comes to Kobe and Bron, so i won't even bother.  
laugh.gif
 Ahhh Kwame.  Son prolly the only NBA player that don't get buns.

Is anyone suprised by Kobe's story of Kwame? I'm no NBA scout but I can see the game Kwame had & see it was horrible. Not sure what MJ saw when he scouted him. No wonder his shoes have been so wack. Aside from the retros which are made with horrible quality, MJ's brand has become as wack as his bobcats. His stable of MJ atheletes have been mostly wack too.

CP1708 wrote:
Kobe is just a good player that has @#$% on the Spurs for a decade. Duncan is a good player that Kobe's Lakers have OWNED since 2000.   
See what I mean. We talking about kobe not duncan or the SPURS. Come on try not to derail this thread with your hate.
If you want go make another thread ok champ. 

Originally Posted by psk2310

Is anyone suprised by Kobe's story of Kwame? I'm no NBA scout but I can see the game Kwame had & see it was horrible. Not sure what MJ saw when he scouted him. No wonder his shoes have been so wack. Aside from the retros which are made with horrible quality, MJ's brand has become as wack as his bobcats. His stable of MJ atheletes have been mostly wack too.

What does his shoes have to do with it?

KingJay718 wrote:
psk2310 wrote:

What does his shoes have to do with it?

I'm making a correlation that he's running his sportwear business with the same acumen as his basketball business. I think we can all agree that aside from the retros and Jordan 23 (which was alright), he shoes have been totally wack. Aside from some shorts to hoop, work out in, & relax, does anyone really wear his clothes?

His draft choices & roster building from the Wizards to now the Bobcats has been atrocious at best. He was one (perhaps even the greatest) basketball playes ever to lace it up, but an absolute simp as a basketball executive. 

Edit: Wanted to include this story on BleacherReport.com that sums up Jordan as a basketball exec here.

Originally Posted by Mcds

why would kwame be scared to make some free throws it only takes less than 3min. man that guy. he shouldve played liked amare stoudamire or shaq...
Astute observation. Should be featured on Around the Horn.

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

niketalks smush parker story > any kobe smush parker story.

regarding the post shaq pre pau lakers of the 04-05 season to feb 08. all i can say is kwame brown cost them a trip to the western conference finals in 06 against a dallas team they played well against at that time. aside from that those years sucked. they had a good start in 06-07 and were 4th in the west til about late january then injuries and bad play sank in, and 04-05 was a nightmare.
I don't follow Ced? In 2006, the Lakers lost to the Suns in the first round of the playoffs in 7 games after blowing a 3-1 lead. Mavs only played the Grizz, Spurs and Amare-less Suns on route to the 2006 Finals.

kwame gets that rebound, the lakers win the series against phoenix and play the clippers in the 2nd round who they most likely beat.   they would've played dallas who they matched up with well at the time and played well.

aside from that seeing zodoggs reaction  had lakers sg 8  and the lakers beat phoenix in 06 would've been beautiful.

what ever happen to zo dogg ?

he has been MIA for years.

Those suns teams were to good not go to the finals..

ZoDogg is banned on sight. 
laugh.gif
He's on Twitter all the time though.

Taking it back to 2006, I wish the Lakers would have had Chris Mihm during their playoff run. He wasn't great (or even good) by any means, but he was a serviceable center when he wasn't committing fouls. Too bad Chris Wilcox ended his career with that dunk before the end of the season.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

N ll K 3 wrote:

Publicly throwing ex-teammates under the bus (this long after the fact) is a !%*$@ move.  Period.

players tell storys like this all the time. and now its a problem?

the story is funny as hell and shows how much of a mental ****** Kwame is/was

Exactly
30t6p3b.gif
. Dudes ready to kill Kobe for no reason. He's not trying to #+*! on Kwame he's just telling the story.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

I agree w/ everything CAKE said.

Also, this is a cornball move (telling these stories to the public in the year 2011).  Really?

The team that Bron took to the Finals wasn't even that much better than this supporting cast.

Look at that weak east conference he did it through too.

And I'm prety sure Kobe was asked about this, he answered. Sure he didn't just wake up voluntarily call a press conference to say this.

Alright, I was done in here, but dudes seem to want to keep quoting me.
It's the same Pistons squad that Kobe just said the Lakers had no business being in the game w/. 

So...
Exactly
30t6p3b.gif
. Dudes ready to kill Kobe for no reason.
No reason?
laugh.gif

Because I don't respect +$%!%%!+ on your ex-teammates, I'm killing him for no reason?  I never knew openly +$%!%%!+ on and airing out ex-teammates was a respectable move.
eyes.gif

I can flip that statement to "Dudes ready to stick up for Kobe for no reason" and it's just as true, if not more.

And it's not just Kwame, dude %@#%#%+ on Smush as well.
players tell storys like this all the time. and now its a problem?
I'm still waiting on examples of airing out ex-teammates "all the time". 
nerd.gif

If it was done it this fashion, I'd probably take issue w/ that as well.  You keep that stuff in the locker room.

And to the dude who brought up MJ's HOF speech, it's apples and oranges.
laugh.gif

MJ is just a true butt hole who was taking shots at everyone.  And A LOT of people took issue w/ that as well.

I already said Kobe is the second best basketball player I've ever seen in this very thread, so I'm not "hating".  I have to stick up for his character/off the court stuff as well?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

I agree w/ everything CAKE said.

Also, this is a cornball move (telling these stories to the public in the year 2011).  Really?

The team that Bron took to the Finals wasn't even that much better than this supporting cast.

And I'm prety sure Kobe was asked about this, he answered. Sure he didn't just wake up voluntarily call a press conference to say this.

alot of dudes on here look to discredit kobe however they can.   sometime the criticism is warranted but alot of it is just blatant stupidity.  same goes for lebron related threads as well.

kobes a douche for this,  yet sooooo many people for cosigning michael jordans 2009 hall of fame speech where he took a number 2 on pretty much everyone,  and i've heard people say that  michael jordan was  in their own words "trying to make them better players and teammates" when talking about him punching steve kerr, and the way he treated guys like stacey king, bill cartwright, will perdue  etc.

all im saying is  you can't have it both ways  and this kobe thing isn't even that serious to begin with. dudes are just reaching.

ZoDogg is banned on sight. 
laugh.gif
He's on Twitter all the time though.

Taking it back to 2006, I wish the Lakers would have had Chris Mihm during their playoff run. He wasn't great (or even good) by any means, but he was a serviceable center when he wasn't committing fouls. Too bad Chris Wilcox ended his career with that dunk before the end of the season.

zodogg is a cool dude  aside from his sports views.  it sucks he doesn't post on here no more though.   his posts are comedy.

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

I will never forget Luke Walton in new york and not wanting the ball either.

I remember that game vividly. I was the only lakers fan i knew at the time and as soon as his bum +%% lost it out of bounds, my phone started ringing nonstop. Cats were quick to talk crap. Can wait for the Rashard Lewis Rule to wipe him off the face of the lakers.

kobe is that dude

Originally Posted by VA757VA

howd he compile all those lowlights in one game..lol..
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
� @ yall bein mad at kobe... the personal hate runs deep...

MJ stood on stage almost a decade after his NBA career ended and blasted people from nearly 3decades earlier whom he personally invited to witness themselves getting thrown under the bus...no one had a problem with that??

These are the greatest competitors of our time gentleman...#letthatboyvent

My man, I remember this game, he didn't even have to edit it...these happened on CONSECUTIVE PLAYS!

Wait...Ppl Are Upset Becuz He Said Something Bad About Kwame Brown
roll.gif

Yall Defending Kwame Brown...Really?
laugh.gif
 The Hate Is Strong 

Wait...Ppl Are Upset Becuz He Said Something Bad About Kwame Brown
roll.gif

Yall Defending Kwame Brown...Really?
laugh.gif
 The Hate Is Strong 

Back
Top Bottom