Wrestling Thread 12/22-1/4 | Jan 4 - New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 9 - Show of the Year?

That tag match was amazing. Omega impressed me as I haven't saw much of him, just heard about him. Match with Jarrett and co was cool. Glad to see the Honma HeadButt finally land. :lol: I'm glad so many of y'all are getting more open to watching New Japan. It's an excellent product. Tag match with Gallows and Anderson vs Shibata and Goto up next...

Yo this match was sick
eek.gif
. That dude Ibushi
eek.gif
. Didn't like the ending but great match.

Last edited:
Man, you guys don't have this Ishii and Makabe match in your Top 3.  I can't wait for the rest of the card.  I absolutely loved this match and the incredible strong style.  The chops and clotheslines and suplexes.  It was awesome.  I don't know when the last time I saw a match like this was.

Nakamura match was phenomenal. Certainly better than Okada/Tanahashi but with that said, Okada/Tanahashi was fantastic as well. Styles vs. Naito was great too. Enjoyed Omegas match, he always delivers and the jr tag match was a great opener. Id say the worst match on the card was the tag match with jeff jarrett in it, was still good just didn't stick out much. Can't see wrestlemania topping this even if they deliver what we want.I cant even draw up a fantasy card that would somewhat fall in line with the current wwe storylines that would come anywhere near close to this show.

this card was STACKED

Last edited:
Man, you guys don't have this Ishii and Makabe match in your Top 3.  I can't wait for the rest of the card.  I absolutely loved this match and the incredible strong style.  The chops and clotheslines and suplexes.  It was awesome.  I don't know when the last time I saw a match like this was.
So far it might have to be in my top 3. I'll have to wait to see where I put it once I finish the card but that was a great match. Ishii has been holding it down with his NeverOpenWeight title matches. A lot of people, myself included were surprised he lost. But he needs to recover. He's been banged up for a min.

What I said about AJ Styles on Twitter earlier:

"I’ve always liked AJ Styles. That last TNA run to his current ROH/NJPW run is REALLY good."

"Bruh really reinvented himself and is probably the best pound for pound wrestler in the world today."

Should clarify that he is the best pound for pound AMERICAN wrestler in the world today.

Agreed. Always been a fan of his since his inception in TNA, but he's never had a better character than he's had now. So much better and more natural than generic face Styles, mini-Flair Styles, and goofy heel Styles (which is probably the second best Styles :lol:)

I also love how New Japan's belts look like title belts, and not some whacky blinged out toys.

The IWGP WHC and IC belt are the 2 most beautiful belts in the industry..They just look like something a champion wrestler should wear..

Speaking of belts I finished the Ten Pounds of Gold I got for our NTWTSS..It was very good..A little repetitive, but had some great information in it..I highly recommend you guys check it out and get some knowledge on a belt that could possible have the greatest champions of all time carry it..

Those 4 hours were ******* amazing... I'm not going to break anything down because I pretty much agree with all y'all.. Made me so happy to watch as a wrestling fan.... Very, very curious to see the buy rates...

I was saying the same thing Celtics..I'm really hoping the buy rates are high so they'll get even more exposure in this country..I'm actually looking forward to see what happens with JJ's GFW..If they have guys from NJPW as special attractions then it's gonna be great..

Those 4 hours were ******* amazing... I'm not going to break anything down because I pretty much agree with all y'all.. Made me so happy to watch as a wrestling fan.... Very, very curious to see the buy rates...
Regardless of buyrates this is a far superior product to wwe in every aspect. A huge step for njpw worldwide, hope they continue building from here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom