Wrestling Thread 12/22-1/4 | Jan 4 - New Japan Wrestle Kingdom 9 - Show of the Year?

Omega defeating Taguchi for the IWGP JR HW Title was good but it was a bit hard to get into following Ishiii and Makabe.  I like Omega's look and style.

I love Paige.

Actually tuning in to see how she'd be on the show and she definitely looks better with some color :lol:

But I did learn that Cena never throws anyone under the bus. Did not know that before.

I like how JR keeps talking about how the champions have money and fame.  They're not broke, bumbling idiots like in WWE.

***BIG Rumor***

Word is that Undertaker will be a surprise entrant in the RR, be eliminated by Sting, with a match between the 2 at WM31.

I love Paige.
Baege.
embarassed.gif

It's amazing how much of a monster Luke Gallows looks like in New Japan.  It goes to show that WWE having all big guys in turn makes none of the guys look big.  But when you have a bunch of more "normal" sized wrestlers, then a big guy looks really big.

***BIG Rumor***

Word is that Undertaker will be a surprise entrant in the RR, be eliminated by Sting, with a match between the 2 at WM31.

Ain't even interested anymore..Taker is done and he needs to just go ahead and go into the HOF..He has nothing left to prove and it serves no purpose at this point for him to get back into the ring..Vince needs to put the rumors of another match to rest and put that HOF video package together..

Again, I don't really know the back story of Goto and Shibata going for the IWGP Tag Team Titles, but JR and Striker did a good job.  I really enjoyed their match against Gallows and Anderson.  This was the first match JR seemed to get a little annoyed with Striker.  Overall, he's doing a better job than I expected, but he can definitely be a little irritating at times.

I wish they would have cut  either the Jarrett match or Shelton match and given a little more time between matches.  As soon as the guys are leaving the ring, the next match is starting.

Styles vs Naito time.

Ain't even interested anymore..Taker is done and he needs to just go ahead and go into the HOF.
Exactly.  At this point, let us believe the build up and match would've been GOAT instead of ruining our dreams with a half-*** build up and struggle match
mean.gif

Side note:

Who hasn't watched WK9 or is planning to watch it again?  I want to watch it with some other folks
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Nattie, the WWE does NOT drug test every week :lol: :lol:

This chick just crashed into a garbage can because she took a nibble from a brownie two days prior, I just can't give this nonsense anymore ratings, thank god WM9 is finished downloading :lol:

Last edited:
watching the Tomohiro Ishii vs. Togi Makabe match...

JR: "Is he bleeding from the mouth?!"

other dude: "No, that's his red mouthguard."

JR: (30 seconds of silence)

"Why would you want a title that doesn't have the same legitimacy as the others on your company?" :lol:

Right now, my WrestleMania card would be (and this is with the assumption that Brock is leaving after WrestleMania)
  • Seth Rollins (c) v Daniel Bryan - WWE Title
  • Brock Lesnar v Roman Reigns (not my choice, but think this happens)
  • Cena v Rusev
  • Sting v HHH
  • Orton v Wyatt (just because he's the only "top" heel available to face Orton)
  • Ambrose v Barrett
  • Ziggler v Cesaro
I really don't have a great feel for the card at this point.  There are many many ways they could go coming out of the Rumble.

Exactly.  At this point, let us believe the build up and match would've been GOAT instead of ruining our dreams with a half-*** build up and struggle match :smh: .

Side note:

Who hasn't watched WK9 or is planning to watch it again?  I want to watch it with some other folks :lol: :nerd: .

Don't worry about it. JRS took up almost a whole page talking about amongst himself :lol:

Back
Top Bottom