Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

I got it….

It’s Wednesday. You know what that means..
Vince-McMahon-Crying.png

Your favorite wrestlers? I’m a RVD and Malakai Black guy who was buying ECW tapes to watch eliminators tag team matches

Jushin Thunder Liger
Keiji Mutoh (Great Muta)

i feel like what Drew us into wrestling was completely different

Was raised on late 80s NWA / Early 90s WCW.
Southern Wrestling, not Sports Entertainment.
I prefer that my wrestling is SERIOUS and has a "Sports Based Presentation."

Sure there were goofy things sprinkled throughout that era but it wasn't the goofball style that Vince put out there.

Favorite Eras of Pro Wrestling

Mid 90s NJPW (Especially the Jr's)
97-98 WCW (Especially the Cruiserweights)
99-00 ECW
NXT (Up until the Gargano Super Indy Style Era started)
NJPW 2014-2019

So contrary to what you assume, most of the things I've been a fan of have been heavy on workrate. It wasn't until falling in love with NXT did I start to really appreciate STORY. (NXT = Best combination of serious story + serious wrestling)

So that is why just putting, "Good matches" in front of me doesn't satisfy me because I have been watching "good matches" for 3 decades.

Now, I want my wrestling to make logical sense from a storyline perspective COMBINED with solid wrestling. (Not a bunch of moves/dives)

Keith Lee was nose to nose with Brock Lesner 3 years ago.

Standing alongside a dude named Swerve is nowhere near that level.
What he did 3 years ago in another promotion doesn't mean squat. He is clearly being built slowly. Only been a root beer guy a couple of months and already has an upper midcard belt. Take a #waitandsee approach to IT
lol for one segment. I’m not a Swerve guy but over is over.

Your favorite wrestlers? I’m a RVD and Malakai Black guy who was buying ECW tapes to watch eliminators tag team matches i feel like what Drew us into wrestling was completely different
Who are your top 3 tag teams of all time?

What he did 3 years ago in another promotion doesn't mean squat. He is clearly being built slowly. Only been a root beer guy a couple of months and already has an upper midcard belt. Take a #waitandsee approach to IT

Who are your top 3 tag teams of all time?

1. It meant SOMETHING. He didn't arrive to AEW as a person with a blank slate with no history. That was why he was viewed as a big signing, because of what he did before he arrived.

2. Steiner Brothers; Hardy Boyz; Usos (I'll give you one from each era) (My favorites)

lol for one segment.

I don't care if it was one segment.

He was toe to toe with the biggest box office draw in pro wrestling.

That means a LOT. He looked like he BELONGED, so it wasn't like he was Kofi vs. Brock @ Beast From the East.

So yea, nothing he's done since has compared

Before we have another convo, can you tell me what over means?

You use it often and I'm not sure what your definition is.

Please clear that up for me.
The crowd routinely reacts overwhelmingly in support of the wrestler appearing whether heel or face. Orange Cassidy, Malakai Black, Swerve Strickland, Darby Allin, Keith Lee etc.

The crowd routinely reacts overwhelmingly in support of the wrestler appearing whether heel or face. Orange Cassidy, Malakai Black, Swerve Strickland, Darby Allin, Keith Lee etc.

My only pushback would be ,much like how ECW was, the AEW crowd is very supportive/forgiving.

I guess you could argue this is how wrestling fans should be but that is a different topic for another day.

I say that to say they practically act like a cranked up studio audience. The whole company is practically over if we're being honest so EYE wouldn't use that as a determination on what they should/ shouldn't do from a booking perspective.

Not saying it's a bad thing but having a crowd being that supportive has it flaws.

It's almost like a woman that is with a man that always tells her what she wants to hear.

This is the America we live in sadly where sides must be chosen.
Can't wait until the AEW game drops and basement dweebs start a war between which promotion's game is best :lol:

I plan on eventually getting WWE 2k. Reviews were good but i wasn't paying retail for it.

I hope AEW game is good but i won't pay retail.

Games just aren't worth the $70 price tag anymore since they arrive with bugs and glitches.

Except God Of War. That's Day 1 purchase.

Of the former WWE folks, who is As "over" or more "over" NOW than they were when they first debuted?

It seems like they folks get these grand ovations when they arrive and AEW has hardly kept that same momentum with any of them.

I can't think of a single person that HASN'T just dropped off after debuting.

Keith Lee
Toni Storm
Ruby Riott
Andre
AListar Black

Who?

Peep Game Peep Game
Definitely Miro like Bee Socks said, just his initial character wasn’t all there. He should definitely be near the top of the card now though. And ditto to him being nuclear hot during Rusev Day, then they just nukes it like crazy. I never understood that. There were two different times the fans got firmly behind him and they cut his legs out from under him both times.

Definitely Miro like Bee Socks said, just his initial character wasn’t all there. He should definitely be near the top of the card now though. And ditto to him being nuclear hot during Rusev Day, then they just nukes it like crazy. I never understood that. There were two different times the fans got firmly behind him and they cut his legs out from under him both times.

Remember when yall wanted to blame Cena for that? (As well as Bray Wyatt being dimmed down)

This is the America we live in sadly where sides must be chosen.
Can't wait until the AEW game drops and basement dweebs start a war between which promotion's game is best :lol:

Nobody messes with those WWE 2K games.
Last good one was 2K19.

Everyone is waiting for this AEW game because they have promised to take us back to the N64 days.

So wrestling fans everywhere are waiting.

Maybe rusev day wasn’t vince’s idea and he was eager to stop it.

Jushin Thunder Liger
Keiji Mutoh (Great Muta)

Was raised on late 80s NWA / Early 90s WCW.
Southern Wrestling, not Sports Entertainment.
I prefer that my wrestling is SERIOUS and has a "Sports Based Presentation."

Sure there were goofy things sprinkled throughout that era but it wasn't the goofball style that Vince put out there.

Favorite Eras of Pro Wrestling

Mid 90s NJPW (Especially the Jr's)
97-98 WCW (Especially the Cruiserweights)
99-00 ECW
NXT (Up until the Gargano Super Indy Style Era started)
NJPW 2014-2019

So contrary to what you assume, most of the things I've been a fan of have been heavy on workrate. It wasn't until falling in love with NXT did I start to really appreciate STORY. (NXT = Best combination of serious story + serious wrestling)

So that is why just putting, "Good matches" in front of me doesn't satisfy me because I have been watching "good matches" for 3 decades.

Now, I want my wrestling to make logical sense from a storyline perspective COMBINED with solid wrestling. (Not a bunch of moves/dives)
I think AEW booking is logical. It’s not as clean or traditional as NXT but they were dealing with a much smaller roster with a regular turnover rate. They did a great job but it was a lot easier to manage.

I’m personally interested in the Hobbs/Starks, HOB/DarbyStingMiro, Christian/jackperry storylines and I’m looking forward to seeing stokleys stable, Jamie hayter turn on Britt and Eddie kingston finally win the big one. So for me the storylines are the best in current wrestling it’s not just matches although that is my preference

Maybe rusev day wasn’t vince’s idea and he was eager to stop it.
EYE think this was probably the case with a lot of things that got over or were heading in that direction and got cut real quick. Because VKM or his lap dogs didn't come up with it they cut the legs from under it real quick

Nobody messes with those WWE 2K games.
Last good one was 2K19.

Everyone is waiting for this AEW game because they have promised to take us back to the N64 days.

So wrestling fans everywhere are waiting.
WWE 2K22 is more than solid. I **** with it. I’d be shocked if the AEW game can match their Creation modes or gameplay

Miro's bicep was all torn up and nasty looking.

Is he even close to symmetrical again?

That type of thing really kills the strongman vibe.

EYE think this was probably the case with a lot of things that got over or were heading in that direction and got cut real quick. Because VKM or his lap dogs didn't come up with it they cut the legs from under it real quick
Still crazy how he tried to sabotage dbry when he was the most over guy in wrestling. The fans were not gonna let it slide.

Back
Top Bottom