Wrestling Thread 4/30-5/6 | 5/3 Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Results Posted! p84

I haven't watched RAW yet, and I know I'm about 20 pages too late, but I couldn't miss out on an NTWT PYP.

pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
33800_478127967442_649597442_6329786_5811167_n.jpg

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I feel sorry that you actually took time out of your day to watch that.

roll.gif

Tell me about it.

One of my friends wanted to watch it, so I gave in. I don't think we'll be hanging out anymore.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Who's the guy in the IRS outfit next to him?
Looked like a variant Batista
He's the one and only Mason Ryan.

34555.jpg

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

NT might be the only place that enjoyed Lesnar's promo.
Over time...I've learned to take the collective opinion of the IWC less serious. *%#+ I'm naturally pessimistic but I can't hold a candle to some of you. The root of the IWC's problem is they can't sit back and let things play out as it happens...it's all about critiquing by the minute and making unfair comparisons to the better days of professional wrestling. The reaction toward Wrestlemania 28 from most fans who called up that radio station 4w linked us to was absurd. That's probably the night I realized how much bull *%#+ the IWC really is. You'd think it was December to Dismember part 2 from how some folks were speaking on WM.
eyes.gif

As soon as wrestling becomes completely stale and loses me...I'll stop watching. I didn't follow anything wrestling related for almost a decade...I can just as easily let go of it all again the moment I feel it's not worth my time watching. What I will NOT do is *@!#$ and moan and cry about it every week yet continue to follow the product. It's counterproductive and just plain idiotic IMO.

Not directing anything specific toward you but yeah...Think for yourself people.

Anyways...

How wasted is Drew McIntyre's theme? Probably one of the better theme songs in the entire industry and it's attached to a jobber who seems to be going nowhere.
30t6p3b.gif
From what I've seen of Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose...I think it might suit his character better.

Joint is !%#$+!* dope.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Who's the guy in the IRS outfit next to him?
Looked like a variant Batista
He's the one and only Mason Ryan.

NT might be the only place that enjoyed Lesnar's promo.
Over time...I've learned to take the collective opinion of the IWC less serious. *%#+ I'm naturally pessimistic but I can't hold a candle to some of you. The root of the IWC's problem is they can't sit back and let things play out as it happens...it's all about critiquing by the minute and making unfair comparisons to the better days of professional wrestling. The reaction toward Wrestlemania 28 from most fans who called up that radio station 4w linked us to was absurd. That's probably the night I realized how much bull *%#+ the IWC really is. You'd think it was December to Dismember part 2 from how some folks were speaking on WM.
eyes.gif

I really hope that Mason Ryan is just a nerd backstage dressing like that, and they aren't thinking of turning him into IRS Jr.
Speaking of the LAW... You can listen to me briefly talk about UFC 145 on this week's show 
smokin.gif
 (43:47)

http://fightnetwork.com/d...asts/1100/2012-04-23.mp3

It is interesting to see Vince out there too for that. And it just proves that the new HHH/HBK is going to be Punk/Cena when it comes to BS in the back. I can just see the two of them whine and Cry to the powers that be like HHH/HBK did.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

It is interesting to see Vince out there too for that. And it just proves that the new HHH/HBK is going to be Punk/Cena when it comes to BS in the back. I can just see the two of them whine and Cry to the powers that be like HHH/HBK did.

As much flack as Cena gets, he doesn't strike me as the type of person to engage in the backstage politics; Punk may "ruffle some feathers" but he doesn't seem that way either.

Of course I could be wrong.

As much as I hate to beat a dead horse but with new tag teams forming up on both shows, are we finally seeing a new direction for them?
Del Rio & Rhodes seems like a solid team and Young & O'neil were also pretty good.

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

As much as I hate to beat a dead horse but with new tag teams forming up on both shows, are we finally seeing a new direction for them?
Del Rio & Rhodes seems like a solid team and Young & O'neil were also pretty good.

As long as Vince is running things, the tag team division will never be a focal point.  Del Rio and Rhodes were a one time combo leading to the PPV.  Ziggler and Swagger will be split once they find something for either of them to do.  So we have...
Primo and Epico

The Usos

Young and O'neil

Yeah...

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

It is interesting to see Vince out there too for that. 

Damn, I didnt even notice the 1st time around, nice catch.

When is he coming back to TV?

I miss you, Pop.......
frown.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Bork Laser needed Paul Heyman in the worst way tonight.

Looks like WWE proved me wrong. I thought I would take a month for them to kill Brock, they did it in three weeks.
laugh.gif

WWE once again tried to force people to boo a guy that was super-over with the crowd so they could get their "babyface" over.
You sound like one of those unhappy smarks that are never satisfied. IDK what you were watching but there was legit heel heat for him during his promo...it was practically deafening when he walked away. So whether you liked it or not...it worked w/ the crowd.

laugh.gif
at Brock being "killed" already.
Bork Laser? SMARKALERT!

1335266604733.gif

Seriously, Brock wasn't that bad last night. He doesn't need to be the best on the mic. Just like DSK said, he has a natural presence that no one else can bring. He doesn't need to be fancy on the mic to deliver because people believe what he says. BTW the entire IWC didn't $%#$ on it. Lot's of people are excited for MONDAY NIGHT RAW STARING BROCK LESNAR

Overall RAW was entertaining. Definitely lagged at points but it was good overall. BTW How #@%*%$* good is Kofi Kingston? If I owned a wrestling company he would be a high priority signing. He's over with everyone. Smarks, marks, casual fans, etc. He doesn't get an overwhelming reaction, but he always gets a solid reaction. That's something not everyone can pull off. Good $%#$.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

That was great by Brock. Sure he isn't great on the mic but his presence and the aura that surrounds him, he's dangerous. Everything he said, didn't seem fake, he really sounds like he wants total control and that he hates Cena. I love it...Cena came out with the stupid chain...oh please...

I hope this match delivers but I think Brock will legit hurt Cena.

I concur, Edge was right when he basically said that the business dont mean squat to Brock, cuz it's true it's damb true. It was a nice touch for Edge to tell Cena to man up for guys like him Taker and HBK. Storyline and real life, pro wrestling is the last thing on Brock's list of things to give damb about. It's legit about the money, it's nice they are using it in the storyline. Brock got Vince grapefruits in a vice backstage, might as well let him go out on tv and tell us.Mizark facial expression screamed, "Everyone sings to Superman on his bday, and all I got was a pedigree from HHH and then he told me to suck it!"

Just going back to the BDAY vid. Sheamus is arm and arm with Dean Malenko it seems.

Raw's viewership was way up this week for 9-11pm.  Unfortunately, 8-9pm was a terrible # which will drag the overall rating down.
LAST WEEK (3.08 overall rating)

Hour 1: 4.319 million

Hour 2: 4.453 million

Average: 4.386 million

THIS WEEK

Hour 1: 3.662 million

Hour 2: 4.671 million

Hour 3: 4.832 million

Average: 4.388 million

Hours 2 and 3 are just under the night after WrestleMania which ended up doing around a 3.4.

That vid had me dyin'..Henry is just too legit and did yall see Trips put the mic right up to Khali's mouth?..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Drew McIntyre looks like he is eating himself out of a job. He looked chubby in that video with Slater.

Back
Top Bottom