Wrestling Thread 4/30-5/6 | 5/3 Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Results Posted! p84

Very interesting grantland article..That guy seems to know how to write about wrestling without taking on that snarky attitude that most writers in the "legit" media do..

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Summer slam is in Los Angeles

I know they are getting yearly pub doing it there but damn WWE there are other deserving cities.
I understand the business side of bringing Lesnar back but I'd have a HARD time paying a guy that much money for limited dates. On top of that, does he even really CARE about being there?

PROMOTE FROM WITHIN!

Happy Birthday to me
pimp.gif

I've been going for about a month and you all still ignore me? Ruthless
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
Banned camp is no fun.

From time to time I browsed NT to see what was going on.
-I really like the way this thread has turned around to debates and whatnot regarding past and present cases of wrestling/wrestlers. The Sting debate and was there a Bret Hart debate? That was cool. I'm looking forward to participating in those the rest of the way.
-Lesnar/Cena was a nice setup for a Cena injury angle, but I can only imagine how the rumored Lesnar/HHH will go down. Talk about a brawl that could be.
-Funkhouser-Laurinaitis wants to face Cena, is that what I read? Yikes. Cannot believe how big of a role this dude has gained on the t.v. product.
-Lord Tensai is a yawn, and will always be a yawn. Prince Albert/A-Train will always remain Prince Albert/A-Train. Cannot wait for someone like Punk to reference his past gimmicks in the WWE for a nice nostalgic crowd reaction.
-Is Layla back yet? (Peep, that one's for you)

What else can I say? Oh, my Jeribkmac promo shall be up by weekends in.

Get ready for the bore of your lives!

IAmJericho_display_image.jpg

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Honestly, they need to scrap Smackdown all together. The show is sooooooooooooooooooooo bad and boring every single week for the last how many years.

Why do they still do this?

Why do people pay $ to go?

Such terrible product
Most negative person EVER.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Nigel speaks 

Case-

Did you catch the Ambrose dark match?
I was actually in line for beer when his match was on, but I did have a clear view of the overhead screen and got to see about half of it..Which isn't saying alot because they only gave him and ARy about 5 minutes..But I did get to hear all of his promo that he cut afterwards..I'm not sure how far he'll go in wwe because he's not Vince's body type, but he definately has a strong ability on the mic..And the crowd seemed toreact well to the match and gave nice round of boos for his promo..

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Honestly, they need to scrap Smackdown all together. The show is sooooooooooooooooooooo bad and boring every single week for the last how many years.

Such terrible product
While I agree it hasn't been too great lately, it hasn't been bad for THAT long man. 
laugh.gif

Smackdown used to be the best wrestling show on TV a couple years ago.
Word. Since 2002, SD has had more good years than Raw. The only time Raw has been better than SD was parts of 04/05, and right now.
SD in 04/05 was 
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Heidenreich, The Cabinet outside of JBL, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak, Big Vito in a dress, The #+$!$, Kenzo Suzuki,

etc etc. Just way too many irrelevant people on the roster who either shouldn't have been pushed, or had dead in the water gimmicks.

Happy Birthday AG
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Such terrible product
While I agree it hasn't been too great lately, it hasn't been bad for THAT long man. 
laugh.gif

Smackdown used to be the best wrestling show on TV a couple years ago.
Word. Since 2002, SD has had more good years than Raw. The only time Raw has been better than SD was parts of 04/05, and right now.
SD in 04/05 was 
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Heidenreich, The Cabinet outside of JBL, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak, Big Vito in a dress, The #+$!$, Kenzo Suzuki,

etc etc. Just way too many irrelevant people on the roster who either shouldn't have been pushed, or had dead in the water gimmicks.

Happy Birthday AG
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Went from Guerrero, Benoit, Mysterio, Edge, Benjamin, Haas and Angle  to that

Back
Top Bottom