Wrestling Thread 5/19-6/1 | WWE Payback PPV - Shield v Evolution | Will Daniel Bryan Forfeit His Tit

I'm the only one who thought Raw was better this week? ... Even if I did miss the first 30 minutes.
I don't know if Raw was better or worse than last week.  It just felt like a completely meaningless show.  Both main matches ended in lame DQs.  Nothing feels like it's really important right now because I have zero interest in Cena/Wyatt, there's no WWE Champion, and although Shield vs Evolution will be awesome, the babyfaces already won clean at the last PPV, so I don't have a lot of interest in the build to the match itself.  Hopefully Payback is the end of all of these programs, and once we get to MITB, we'll get some new, fresh feuds to get interested in.

The PPV buyrates don't matter anymore, so why not just try out some new programs with top guys?  These are just completely at random, but let's make...

Orton v Cesaro

Bryan v Wyatt

Cena v Barrett

Shield vs ... make a new heel stable. 

If you give me those matches or even something close to that, I'm instantly interested because it's FRESH.

Outside of my usual favorites Seth Rollins, Bad News Barrett & Can't Connect Ziggler, Adam Rose was the best part of Raw :smokin

Don't Be A Lemon!! You guys need to give the guy a chance especially considering everyone loves talking about how WWE doesn't create any storylines. Here we are being given a decent little build up for Rose's debut match instead of the usual jobber squash matches. Zebby Pants & Jackie need to loosen up.

Can't wait for the eventual Adam Rose & Fandango tag team :smokin

I don't know if Raw was better or worse than last week.  It just felt like a completely meaningless show.  Both main matches ended in lame DQs.  Nothing feels like it's really important right now because I have zero interest in Cena/Wyatt, there's no WWE Champion, and although Shield vs Evolution will be awesome, the babyfaces already won clean at the last PPV, so I don't have a lot of interest in the build to the match itself.  Hopefully Payback is the end of all of these programs, and once we get to MITB, we'll get some new, fresh feuds to get interested in.

The PPV buyrates don't matter anymore, so why not just try out some new programs with top guys?  These are just completely at random, but let's make...
Orton v Cesaro
Bryan v Wyatt
Cena v Barrett
Shield vs ... make a new heel stable. 

If you give me those matches or even something close to that, I'm instantly interested because it's FRESH.
I agree but even a lot of those are rehashed feuds...D Bryan just left the Wyatt fam a min ago...don't wanna see that again. Cena vs Barrett was the Nexus beef. With 624 chairs falling on Wade(the chair burial). Maybe they'll treat BNB different this go round if they have another program. But I know what you mean 4wrestling. It's funny...we as fans want more extended feuds/storylines and when we get them they usually suck(minus shield vs evolution) things need to change though. Cause I try to see the silver lining but it's been all dark storm clouds lately with booking since Wrestlemania for the most part.

Outside of my usual favorites Seth Rollins, Bad News Barrett & Can't Connect Ziggler, Adam Rose was the best part of Raw
smokin.gif

Don't Be A Lemon!! You guys need to give the guy a chance especially considering everyone loves talking about how WWE doesn't create any storylines. Here we are being given a decent little build up for Rose's debut match instead of the usual jobber squash matches. Zebby Pants & Jackie need to loosen up.

Can't wait for the eventual Adam Rose & Fandango tag team
smokin.gif
This has to be a troll post.

This has to be a troll post.

How? You just went off on a whole tangent about how they need to give you FRESH matchups and build new stories. You seem to only be interested in the Main Event scene, but at the end of the day there still is a middle of a card and a beginning of a card that has to get attention and be filled out just the same.

And for what he is, Adam Rose current build up/feud with Colter/Swagger hasn't been terrible. Everyone isn't going to be a main eventer at the end of the day and that is perfectly fine. Outside of Evolution/Shield, this is currently one of the better build ups of an actual storyline in my opinion, I suppose you can now also add Paige/Foxx to that. Even with the Paige/Foxx angle they're giving us, Foxx shouldn't have pinned Paige so soon. Foxx should have just thrashed her but they got the heat on her they were looking for. Back to Rose/Swagger, they've given us just enough to get us until next week instead of the usual Rose hitting his finisher on Swagger then next week Swagger hits his finisher on Rose stuff they've grown accustom to giving us.

I don't care for Cena/Wyatt right now and there are no other current storylines going on. Fandgo love triangle I guess you can call a storyline. They just threw together another Intercontinental Title Match together. The Tag Team Champions are being Cena lackeys. Sheamus and Cesaro just got thrown together.

So from a storyline standpoint yup Adam Rose's mini interview was my personal favorite segment of Raw.

Last edited:
:rofl: Alicia Fox. BTW did anyone think the match just ended awkwardly?
It did end weird...without a typical finisher. But Alicia washed Paige out and that kick to the grill while she was in between the ropes was unpleasant. At least divas matches don't end in roll ups anymore. Those were harder to kick out of than 3 RKO's in a row for a while for the women's division.

We had a tournament for the IC belt last month and now we need a beat the clock challenge to determine a number one contender because WWE is too lazy to come up with storylines and feuds for the IC belt.

as a kid when i got into wrestling - i was more interested in the don muraco ic beefs than anything bob backlund was up to with the heavyweight title

At this current state, Shield and Alicia Foxxx are the most intriguing things to me going forward. I Ray J fist pumped when Alicia pinned Paige.

Last edited:
View media item 980811
Was at Raw last night, thought it was a very decent show, Adam Rose was over, I dig the gimmick.

Towards the end of Steph's promo a really, really loud CM Punk chant got going and nobody could hear anything of what she was saying. It was literally deafening, by far the loudest thing I've ever heard at a WWE show. Shame they turned down the volume for the broadcast.

Loved Heyman's promo and the Wyatt's opening the show in darkness with random phone lights in the background was an awesome visual ^

Last edited:
Meltzer was saying on last night's Observer Radio that he spoke with someone very close to Vince.  He said it's not losing the $350-400 million that is bothering Vince... he has plenty of money.  It's the fact that all of these media outlets are ripping him and the WWE for losing the money based on poor decisions that is eating Vince up.

Meltzer was saying on last night's Observer Radio that he spoke with someone very close to Vince.  He said it's not losing the $350-400 million that is bothering Vince... he has plenty of money.  It's the fact that all of these media outlets are ripping him and the WWE for losing the money based on poor decisions that is eating Vince up.

I bet it is. That's gotta be Vince's biggest pet peeve. Not being taken seriously by people with money. "Circus boy can't make movies right. Circus boy can't make good financial decisions."

No one want's to be the laughing stock of corporate america.

Back
Top Bottom