Wrestling Thread 6/23-7/13 | 7/7 Raw - Cena v Rollins, Jericho v miz, Santino Retires

WWE doesn't view him as anything but a guy that gets a pop and can put younger talent over.  Last year @ MITB when he returned, WWE did him really wrong.  But this time, it's clear RVD has lost more than a step.  I don't blame them this time, though he should get a win here or there.

You can't keep bringing guys like him and Y2J back if you never give them solid wins..Without them winning any matches that are significant then when the do the job to somebody new it doesn't mean anything..Jericho putting over Fandango meant nothing because he never really won any matches and everyone got the idea he was brought back for no other reason than jobbing to a new guy..Which didn't give the new guy the rub that they were hoping for..

WWE doesn't view him as anything but a guy that gets a pop and can put younger talent over.  Last year @ MITB when he returned, WWE did him really wrong.  But this time, it's clear RVD has lost more than a step.  I don't blame them this time, though he should get a win here or there.
You can't keep bringing guys like him and Y2J back if you never give them solid wins..Without them winning any matches that are significant then when the do the job to somebody new it doesn't mean anything..Jericho putting over Fandango meant nothing because he never really won any matches and everyone got the idea he was brought back for no other reason than jobbing to a new guy..Which didn't give the new guy the rub that they were hoping for..
I agree with your initial statement.  However, I think WWE treats RVD and Y2J differently.  Jericho will put guys over, but he is more protected most of the time whereas RVD does nothing but lose.

In regards to Fandango not getting over, he beat Jericho with a rollup, had/has a joke of a gimmick, and was not given any meaningful wins after the win at Mania.

Back
Top Bottom