Wrestling Thread 6/23-7/13 | 7/7 Raw - Cena v Rollins, Jericho v miz, Santino Retires

Danielson's injury has stalled the product. Cena just seems like that older brother who tries too hard to show up the younger brothers and their friends just to prove he can still hang with the young guys. Reigns just isn't ready. If I have to hear "Superman punch" one more time I'll lose my mind, lol.

That closing segment may have been the most pathetic pairing of top babyfaces in quite some time. So forced, awkward, and extremely pointless. WWE only has themselves to blame for being forced into handing Cena the strap yet again. When push comes to shove, they always revert back to what "draws," but at what cost? The fans have been telling them for a while that they are bored with Cena. Batista…lol. Danielson's reaction pretty much forced his run. Pretty much everything sans Seth/Ambrose is filler. I really hope Danielson doesn't go the way of Edge because at this rate, I'm probably going to tune out come football season as usual. This company seems to build two PPVs a year, Mania and Survivor Series. Everything else just seems to be thrown together.

reigns looked so lame raising cena's arm and wearing those new cargo pants. Dude will probably start matching his pants to cena's shorts.

-According to PWInsider.com, AJ Lee's return to WWE has lead many to speculate the relationship between CM Punk and WWE has improved. Furthermore, WWE running a WrestleMania Rewind special tonight focusing on CM Punk has increased speculation he might return to the company.

The latest word is, however, there are no plans to bring Punk back to the company, and despite AJ Lee returning last week, WWE and CM Punk have had little to no contact since Punk left back in January.

It's being said AJ Lee's return to WWE has had "no bearing at all" on CM Punk's WWE status, and her return should not be taken as an indication that anything has changed between Punk and WWE.

-Jack Swagger was most likely absent from RAW because of his legal troubles in the United States, stemming from his arrest in February of last year. Swagger was arrested for DUI (not alcohol), possession of marijuana, and speeding, and has had to miss WWE events in Canada before.

Zeb Colter was reported to be backstage at RAW, but WWE aired a recorded promo of him instead of in front of the live crowd. It is being said that officials didn't want Zeb to get booed by the Canadian since he and Swagger are the babyfaces against Rusev and Lana.

-While the finish of the WWE Raw match last night between Dean Ambrose and Randy Orton left many people scratching their heads, F4WOnline.com is reporting WWE wants Randy Orton to look strong heading into his PPV match(es) against Roman Reigns. This is the reason why Orton was given the clean win over Ambrose last night.

The Smackdown match between Orton and Ambrose last week ended in a DQ, so as to protect both guys.

-As we noted, The Wrestling Observer is reporting the letter read by The Miz on RAW being written by a Johnny Russo was a rib at Vince Russo.

While it can't be proven that there was not some intention of the audience thinking about the former writer — a more logical explanation is Johnny Russo is the name of a current WWE creative writer who likely was the one who helped write that segment and letter for The Miz to read.

Don't Be That Guy, You Debbie Downer!!

View media item 1067385
SNL_1350_09_Debbie_Downer.png

i miss those days when the dudes can put them paws on the wimenz.

RKO that Steph took 
nthat.gif

orton-rko-s-stephanie-o.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom