Wrestling Thread 6/23-7/13 | 7/7 Raw - Cena v Rollins, Jericho v miz, Santino Retires

I honestly believe there will be a big swerve at mitb.
Like a mystery entrant swerve or a Dean Ambrose wins MITB ? Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins swerve? 
nerd.gif

some posters I found while cleaning my basement. I know I have about 20 more I have to break them all out for you guys ! nostalgia..sorry for quality taken off iphone
pimp.gif
...did kerry a.k.a texas tornado really wrestle with a fake leg/foot?

misty blue could get it(back then) lol....who did your pops wrestle that night?  

[This Day in WCW History] The Great American Bash PPV Took Place in Baltimore, Maryland [June 16th, 1996]

- The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott) vs Fire and Ice (Scott Norton and Ice Train) in a number-one contenders match for the WCW World Tag Team Championship
- WCW United States Champion Konnan vs El Gato
- Marcus Bagwell vs Diamond Dallas Page
- WCW Cruiserweight Champion Dean Malenko vs Rey Mysterio, Jr.
- Big Bubba Rogers (with Jimmy Hart) vs John Tenta
- Kevin Sullivan (with Jimmy Hart) vs Chris Benoit in a Falls Count Anywhere match
- Lord Steven Regal (with Jeeves) vs Sting
- Ric Flair and Arn Anderson (with Woman, Miss Elizabeth and Bobby Heenan) vs Kevin Greene and Steve McMichael (with Randy Savage, Debra McMichael and Tara Greene)
- WCW World Heavyweight Champion The Giant (with Jimmy Hart) vs Lex Luger
Vintage WCW pics always appreciated
pimp.gif

Artistically they allways looked better han the WWF/E

:pimp: ...did kerry a.k.a texas tornado really wrestle with a fake leg/foot?

misty blue could get it(back then) lol....who did your pops wrestle that night?  

Shew I have no clue who he wrestled I was about 5 when these cards took place. and yea he had a stub foot and a special boot. it's a shame what happened to him as he was on track to be being the next big
thing in wrestling.

Shew I have no clue who he wrestled I was about 5 when these cards took place. and yea he had a stub foot and a special boot. it's a shame what happened to him as he was on track to be being the next big
thing in wrestling.

I have to disagree..The only time Kerry was every a big deal outside of Dallas was when he won the NWA Title..And even then he only held it for 3-4 weeks..Kevin was the best one of the whole Von Erich family..He was a better wrestler than Kerry and way better on the mic..He was actually next in line to be the NWA champion and was scheduled to beat Flair for the title, but he died and then Kerry got the belt on the memorial show for Kevin..

And Kerry's run in WWF was pretty uneventful..He held the IC title for a couple months and that's about it..The funny thing is, his 2 major title reigns are a result of filling in for the person who was supposed to win/compete for those titles..

-At last word, The Undertaker was still pretty banged up from the concussion he suffered during his match against Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30.

While Undertaker has been working out following WrestleMania 30 and the injury he suffered, he reportedly told people close to him that it was not looking good for WrestleMania 31.

According to PWInsider.com, The Undertaker is said to still be in pretty bad shape following his WrestleMania 30 injury, and his status for next year's big event is very much up in the air. The way things stand now, a decision as to whether or not Undertaker will be able to compete at WrestleMania 31 likely will not be made until the end of this year at the earliest.

-It’s been reported for months that former Pro Wrestling NOAH star KENTA is signing with WWE and would be training at the Performance Center this summer.

Japan’s Tokyo Sports is now reporting that WWE will officially announce that KENTA has signed with the company during their tour of Japan next month, with a press conference scheduled for July 12.

-At last word, The Undertaker was still pretty banged up from the concussion he suffered during his match against Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 30.

While Undertaker has been working out following WrestleMania 30 and the injury he suffered, he reportedly told people close to him that it was not looking good for WrestleMania 31.

According to PWInsider.com, The Undertaker is said to still be in pretty bad shape following his WrestleMania 30 injury, and his status for next year's big event is very much up in the air. The way things stand now, a decision as to whether or not Undertaker will be able to compete at WrestleMania 31 likely will not be made until the end of this year at the earliest.
Another Mania for Taker?

NZSIaUD.gif

Before anyone says anything, I know the Payback PPV Prediction Contest results were never posted.  Not only has my work schedule been crazy over the past month, but I've had my parents visit me in Mexico, AND I have been without internet in my apartment for almost 2 weeks which has been a nightmare.  I did not see Raw last week and I am almost positive I will not be able to see the PPV tomorrow night.  Even though I'm in a very nice neighborhood, I guess it's the headaches that come with living in a third world country.  I have Cablevision coming on Monday to (hopefully) install new service.  But what I've learned in Mexico is you never count on something actually getting done on time.  So we'll see.  I'm posting this from Starbucks right now.

2014 NTWT WWE Money in the Bank PPV Prediction Contest
  • SPELL YOUR NT BOARD NAME CORRECTLY
  • You may only enter once
  • Once you enter, you cannot change/modify/update your entry.
  • 500 total possible points.
  • Entries close at 7:30 PM ET
  • Good luck!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8PXRY3S

Last edited:
I have to disagree..The only time Kerry was every a big deal outside of Dallas was when he won the NWA Title..And even then he only held it for 3-4 weeks..Kevin was the best one of the whole Von Erich family..He was a better wrestler than Kerry and way better on the mic..He was actually next in line to be the NWA champion and was scheduled to beat Flair for the title, but he died and then Kerry got the belt on the memorial show for Kevin..

And Kerry's run in WWF was pretty uneventful..He held the IC title for a couple months and that's about it..The funny thing is, his 2 major title reigns are a result of filling in for the person who was supposed to win/compete for those titles..

the title was taken off of
him because he could not
fulfill his duties as a champion. and in wwe had he not been on drugs who
knows what would of been of him. he did win the ic title when the belt meant something.

but I agree he wasn't the best Von Erich

:lol: This isn't the first time I heard of Yoshi sonning Sheamus:

Did Yoshi Tatsu Beat Up WWE Champion Sheamus?

By The Doctor Chris Mueller , Featured Columnist Jan 1, 2010

None of this is confirmed, simply rumors I have read, but they seem to be true for the most part.

Apparently a few years back Yoshi, Sheamus and Ted Dibiase were roommates in Florida. Sheamus apparently acted like the head of the apartment while the three lived together.

The story goes that Sheamus was using things in the apartment that belonged to Yoshi and Ted, specifically a protein drink mixer.

Apparently, Ted and Yoshi confronted Sheamus at the same time one day about the use of their items in the apartment. This made Sheamus upset enough to react physically.

The story goes, Sheamus threw the protein drink mixer at Yoshi, who caught it. Sheamus then proceeded to try and fight Yoshi.

Yoshi is no slouch, this guy has gone through the New Japan dojo and has some ameteur boxing skills as well. Apparently, Yoshi beat up Sheamus pretty bad and supposedly Sheamus was on the verge of crying.

If this is true I find this story to be hilarious. It just goes to show you that the biggest dog in the fight is not always the toughest.

Yoshi is certainly not in line for a WWE title shot anytime soon, but I wonder if these two will ever face off one on one. It would interesting to know if they still have any bad blood or if they patch things up.

They worked together in ECW, so it is possible that all is better between the two grapplers, but you never know. A big guy like Sheamus may have been embarrassed enough to hold a grudge.

If these reports are true, then I for one, am happy that Yoshi was able to quell the bully. There is a report going around that says when Yoshi was asked about the incident he replied, "I just wanted to teach Sheamus a lesson in respect. Don’t mess with other people's stuff."

I hope its true, because if it is then it's one of the funniest things I have heard in a while.

Another Mania for Taker?

NZSIaUD.gif

rqB8icJ.jpg

Retire Taker!!

:rofl: :rofl: at Sheamus on the verge of crying

Other than revenge on Brock, I'm not sure what would be the point of a WM taker match. Dude needs a looooooong time to heal up

Randomly picked Orton to win the WWE title, and don't know why

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom