Wrestling Thread Apr 12-18 | 4/18 TNA Lockdown - Every Match in a Steel Cage | Styles vs Pope

This will be the first and last season of NXT.

not even the pros come out with the rookies anymore

how come they dont just air ovw or fcw?

Dang, although I liked the concept of NXT at first, it's become increasingly annoying and tired.

Thanks to Striker and Cole.

and what's up with this crowd?

a3b3584ce103521a77ac792f9e7ae9bfc1fb9a7.gif

this is god awful, what is !*$% is point of this, this only hurts every single one of this guys

Originally Posted by CHICHAN

Jeff did a great job of selling that fireball, haha.
thats a joke right? i read somewhere they actually burned hardy's face. botching a fireball ftl

Anyone have any idea if there are any other stipulations to the CM Punk/Mysterio match? I mean is it just for CM Punk's hair?

in re the spoiler
Spoiler [+]
Ziggler using the sleeper huh? A little throwback, I kinda like it. Wish they had more submission finishers. The STF or whatever Cena does doesn't count either.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Anyone have any idea if there are any other stipulations to the CM Punk/Mysterio match? I mean is it just for CM Punk's hair?

in re the spoiler
Spoiler [+]
Ziggler using the sleeper huh? A little throwback, I kinda like it. Wish they had more submission finishers. The STF or whatever Cena does doesn't count either.

I'm almost positive only Punk's hair is on the line.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

thats a joke right? i read somewhere they actually burned hardy's face. botching a fireball ftl

In their last show, TNA iMPACT tried something that is rarely used in the wrestling industry. 

Since fireballs to the face can be very dangerous, we normally see fireballs coming out of another's hand. On TNA however, the fireball was created when James Storm spit liquid from his beer bottle aimed at a flame from his lighter just in front of Jeff Hardy's face.

Jeff Hardy took a huge fireball to the face and TNA had to edit out the footage that aired on television, stating that it was too graphic and the censors wouldn't let them air it.

According to Hulk Hogan, it took 3 attempts for the fireball to light, so by the third attempt, Jeff Hardy's head had already a lot of the flammable liquid and thus enhanced the flame's intensity. 

Jeff Hardy suffered injuries and his girlfriend Beth wrote on Twitter that Jeff was "burned badly" during the spot - enough to "blister & peel". She added that Jeff "singed near his eyes, forehead and lips" and hopes he's "never asked to do something like that again.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by NobleKane

In their last show, TNA iMPACT tried something that is rarely used in the wrestling industry. 

Since fireballs to the face can be very dangerous, we normally see fireballs coming out of another's hand. On TNA however, the fireball was created when James Storm spit liquid from his beer bottle aimed at a flame from his lighter just in front of Jeff Hardy's face.

Jeff Hardy took a huge fireball to the face and TNA had to edit out the footage that aired on television, stating that it was too graphic and the censors wouldn't let them air it.

According to Hulk Hogan, it took 3 attempts for the fireball to light, so by the third attempt, Jeff Hardy's head had already a lot of the flammable liquid and thus enhanced the flame's intensity. 

Jeff Hardy suffered injuries and his girlfriend Beth wrote on Twitter that Jeff was "burned badly" during the spot - enough to "blister & peel". She added that Jeff "singed near his eyes, forehead and lips" and hopes he's "never asked to do something like that again.

News & Notes

Why WWE didn't want to put the title on John Cena at Wrestlemania.

John Cena's back is still bothering him but it's not serious enough to sideline him. WWE didn't want to put the title on him at Wrestlemania in case he needed time off, but apparently put him over Batista because Batista will reportedly take a break. I was told by a source yesterday there is "no way" WWE would have put John Cena over Batista at Wrestlemania for the title if Batista wasn't taking time off. Again, representatives for Batista continue to deny that Dave will take any time off.

Undertaker's post-Wrestlemania hiatus has begun.

The Undertaker's post-Wrestlemania hiatus has begun. He was not at TVs this week and is not on WWE's extended overseas tour. The original plan was for the Undertaker to take a few months off, however, I haven't heard if he just plans on resting while the crew is overseas or if he will take his full hiatus. The Undertaker worked the majority of 2009 banged up and was said to be dealing with several nagging injuries going into Wrestlemania XXVI.

WWE sees the move of Smackdown from MyNetwork to SyFy as an upgrade; details on the contract.

Speaking of Smackdown's big move, WWE sees the move from MyNetwork to SyFy as an upgrade. Some may question the clearance of a broadcast channel to a cable channel, however, WWE likes the fact SyFy is available in more than 95,000,000 homes. Officials from SyFy see Smackdown as a clear upgrade over NXT.

The New York Times is reporting that WWE's deal with Syfy to broadcast Friday Night SmackDown is for two years, with an option for a third year. SyFy will pay WWE $30 million a year to land Smackdown while MyNetworkTV was only believed to be paying $15 million.

Variety reports that NXT will continue to air on SyFy through October.

Variety is reporting WWE NXT will continue airing on SyFy through October 1st when Smackdown moves to the network. This clears up what I was told in that NXT may finish up on the network after season one concludes in mid-June.

Update: WWE has confirmed to The Times that they're shopping around NXT in anticipation of the show being bumped from Syfy in the fall.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]WWE is still shopping the show around but it'd be great for them if they keep Smackdown and NXT on the same network.[/color]

Latest on Rey Mysterio and when he is expected to take time off for surgery; banged up after dark match yesterday.

Rey Mysterio is expected to finish out his program with CM Punk before he takes time off to undergo much needed knee surgery. Mysterio needs reconstructive work on his ACL butwill remain with WWE until this summer before undergoing the surgery. Many are skeptical how long he can keep going. Mysterio originally delayed the surgery in November, then until after Wrestlemania, but feels he can continue to go for another couple of months.

- Rey Mysterio was banged up following yesterday's dark match main event against CM Punk in London. No word on what happened other than he had to be helped to the back.

Rey Mysterio says he wants to retire in three years.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In an interview with MediaTempo.com, Rey Mysterio said he would like to retire in three years.

“I plan to take three years to announce my retirement in a historic event,
[/font]

* CM Punk was in the ring with Serena and Luke Gallows, and cut a promo saying out of all the WWE Universe, he hates us the most. He then paused briefly and said "no... I really do hate you", This got heat with the few thousand who had stayed around for the match.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ no.......i really do hate you

Angle's wifey..

479e22c287c4e.jpg

F4WOnline.com is reporting that there is growing concern amongst TNA officials that Jeff Hardy might once again be dealing with past issues that plagued him during his last run with the company, and also lead to his release from WWE prior to debuting with TNA. It's being reported that Kevin Nash suffered a concussion during the cage match he had against Hardy when Jeff hit the Swanton Bomb on Nash's head.

Many backstage TNA officials believe that Hardy's work since returning to TNA has been sub par, with examples being that his promos are mostly babble and appear incoherent, his ring work is unusually sloppy and his behavior is erratic.

apparently jim cornett has made a death threat towards vince russo, tna has started to take legal action

heres what jim said

In an e-mail dated Mar. 19, Cornette wrote to Taylor, among other things: "I will say it because I am trying to quell the burning in my heart--I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die. If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life.

"I hate him for the money he's cost me. I hate him for what he's done to the business. I hate him for keeping TNA from being competitive to WWE. I hate him for the careers, even the lives he's ruined with his *+*%*# booking and the irreparable damage he's done to every promotion he's been involved with. I regularly wake up from dreams in which I am in the act of murdering him. I literally burn whenever I think of him. I have sworn to myself that I will willingly go to jail if I ever see him in person again, and he had better pray to his fictitious invisible man in the sky that that day never comes. I intend to make it my life's work and mission to **** with him and anything he ever has anything to do with in the wrestling business."

He added that he hopes TNA goes under "because of the stupidity Dixie (Carter) has exhibited in employing Russo and now the WCW murderers." He indicated he's mad at Jeff Jarrett for talking him into working with Russo, as well as Carter, for employing Russo and lying to him about why he was fired.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

apparently jim cornett has made a death threat towards vince russo, tna has started to take legal action

heres what jim said

In an e-mail dated Mar. 19, Cornette wrote to Taylor, among other things: "I will say it because I am trying to quell the burning in my heart--I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die. If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life.

"I hate him for the money he's cost me. I hate him for what he's done to the business. I hate him for keeping TNA from being competitive to WWE. I hate him for the careers, even the lives he's ruined with his %*%@#$ booking and the irreparable damage he's done to every promotion he's been involved with. I regularly wake up from dreams in which I am in the act of murdering him. I literally burn whenever I think of him. I have sworn to myself that I will willingly go to jail if I ever see him in person again, and he had better pray to his fictitious invisible man in the sky that that day never comes. I intend to make it my life's work and mission to **** with him and anything he ever has anything to do with in the wrestling business."

He added that he hopes TNA goes under "because of the stupidity Dixie (Carter) has exhibited in employing Russo and now the WCW murderers." He indicated he's mad at Jeff Jarrett for talking him into working with Russo, as well as Carter, for employing Russo and lying to him about why he was fired.

Tell em why you mad son!!!

been watching older stuff and lots of botchamania to pass time. lol found this. Quite funny IMO the thought of cashing in on Maryse. lol

Back
Top Bottom