Wrestling Thread Apr 22-28 | 4/28 BREAKING NEWS - John Cena Injures Achilles Tendon on European Tour

Ring of Honor announced today that the replacement for Naomichi Marufuji on the 5/4 and 5/5 shows in Toronto will be Paul London.

London will face Davey Richards on the iPPV and then face Michael Elgin at the TV tapings the next day.

DC's dreams are coming true

Ring of Honor announced today that the replacement for Naomichi Marufuji on the 5/4 and 5/5 shows in Toronto will be Paul London.

London will face Davey Richards on the iPPV and then face Michael Elgin at the TV tapings the next day.

DC is gonna ****

As far as Sheik goes, apparently one of his handlers runs that twitter.  They purposely make crazy tweets that sound like Sheik to keep interest in him, he doesn't actually tweet himself. 

I am happy to hear London is coming back to ROH.  He is a talented dude, when his mind is right he can be a good pickup for any company.

So i went to a FSW future stars of wrestling show about a week ago, it was hilarious! Had a great time.  Disco Inferno from WCW was there and on his way out the crowd of about 100 people started singing and dancing the fandango.  Disco was like, dont ever sing that fandango **** around me again on the mic... crowd got louder 
laugh.gif

The only thing good WWE has going at the moment is the Shield.   Everything else is just the same old boring feuds that have been going on for the past year.

Last edited:
There needs to be a "Favorite/Come Back To Later" click for posts. I need t go through this thread and get the matches posted. I am soo behind with my viewing. Not enough hours in life. I hope I break my leg or something so I can ...... let me stop.

There needs to be a "Favorite/Come Back To Later" click for posts. I need t go through this thread and get the matches posted. I am soo behind with my viewing. Not enough hours in life. I hope I break my leg or something so I can ...... let me stop.
you post like your legs are broken year-round already 

WWE Announces WrestleMania as Highest Grossing Ever

Without announcing an actual number of PPV buys as they did last year, WWE announced that WrestleMania this year grossed $72 million.  The announcement was it was the highest grossing event in history.

No announcement was made how that number was figured.  Two years ago, when a similar announcement was made, the number was a combination of the live gate, merchandise sales and total worldwide PPV revenue (of which the company actually gets about half).

WWE told Variety that the show topped 1 million buys and could end up hitting 1.2 million.  The release was careful not to say it broke the PPV record for buys.   Right now it looks more likely to have been in fourth place in Mania history, or possibly third place.

Last year's show did 1,219,000 buys, the second best total in history (2007 is the record). 

The biggest factors that were different this year would have been the price increase and the top of the card featured rematches from matches that took place at the prior WrestleMania and SummerSlam.

Keep in mind that that last year, WWE announced 1.3 million in its first publicity release last year.  Then its monthly figures listed 1.21 million in late May, was downgraded to 1.15 million in Late June, and brought back to 1.2 million in July, so there could be a variation to a degree.

The company only needed 988,000 buys to break the all-time event revenue record because of the live gate ($11.3 million using the kind of figuring any other event would use) and the PPV price being increased worldwide.

The event, based on comparable figures, the total worldwide gross for the event was up $5 million from last year.  This is not the money WWE takes in.  Last year, the figure announced at this point last year was $67 million while the amount the company itself took in was $36.2 million when everything was added up.

The live gate was $3.1 million of that $5 million increase.  Merchandise should have also accounted for some of that increase given since the number in the building was up 12.5%.  PPV revenue would be up from last year but with the price increase, buys would be down.  In addition, WWE & UFC PPVs this past year have shown a significant increase in HD buys vs. SD buys, meaning grosses for PPV revenue this year would be up over last year even with identical numbers of buys at the same price.

Good to see Punk relaxing, healing up, even if it does make Raw significantly worse each week.

:nerd:

FCW TV 18.09.2011 - Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose vs Leakee (Roman Reigns)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom