Wrestling Thread Aug 12-25 | 8/19 RAW -SS Fallout- Bryan d Cena, Orton Corp Champ, Brock Kills Punk

NTWT WWE SummerSlam PPV Prediction Contest
  • SPELL YOUR NT BOARD NAME CORRECTLY
  • 1000 possible points
  • You may only enter once
  • Entries are accepted until 8pm et at the start of the PPV
  • The pre-show match does not count toward any questions
  • Once your entry is submitted, it cannot be changed/updated.
  • Good luck!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DTT72Y2

20130809_HeymanPunkPre_Homepage.jpg

The 2nd/3rd biggest show of the year is this Sunday.  Thankfully, we don't have HHH trying to steal the spotlight on this year's show although we do have the McMahon's running all over WWE TV for no logical reason other than wanting to stay in the spotlight.  They aren't drawing ratings.  They aren't building to a match (in the foreseeable future).  They have no direction whatsoever in what they're doing on television.  And unfortunately, they're not going away as this storyline is scheduled to run through WrestleMania XXX.

As for what we do have... we have the awesome build for CM Punk and Brock Lesnar, the BEST vs the BEAST.  There's nothing STUPID about that.  Punk and Heyman have done a lot of great mic work back and forth, with Paul turning on his best friend Punk, and Brock has come in and completely wrecked house making him look like the unstoppable monster that he should be booked as.  Punk got a little bit of offense on Brock last week, but he still ended up bloody on the outside.  We'll see if Punk gets any offense in tonight on Lesnar.  The result of this match is really going to be interesting on Sunday.

The other main event of the show is John Cena defending his WWE Title against Daniel Bryan.  These two really haven't had any major confrontations thus far outside of some minor teased dissension.  Last week Bryan did refer to Cena as a sports entertainer and he was a pro wrestler.  And Cena said it was disrespectful of Bryan to say he would wrestle anywhere other than WWE.  Cena definitely came off as the subtle heel last week, and that's the way to book this because we know what the crowd response will be in LA for these two.

The real question is, which of these matches will be the actual main event of Summerslam?

In addition to the two main events, we have:
  • Alberto Del Rio defending the World Title against Christian
  • Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn v Big E and aj lee
  • Cody Rhodes v Damien Sandow for the World Title Money in the Bank Briefcase
  • Kane v Bray Wyatt in a Ring of Fire (Inferno) Match
That leaves The Shield, Randy Orton, RVD, Mark Henry among the big names without matches for the show.  My guess is that RVD gets added to the ADR/Christian match.  And with Orton teasing cashing in Money in the Bank, I would guess they hold him off the show.  I really have no idea what they have planned for The Shield.  The Big Show did return at a house show last night, so the proposed Shield vs Big Show and Mark Henry match may be on.

Last edited:
My questions for Brock Lesnar:
  • What really happened between him and The Undertaker at UFC 121?
  • What was WrestleMania like this year wrestling the majority of the match with a concussion?
  • Did he ever think he would come back to any type of serious sports after his second bout of diverticulitis? 

After a twitter back-and-forth argument yesterday, it appears that a new SummerSlam match will be Natalya & Maria Menounos vs. Brie Bella and a mystery partner, or possibly Nikki Bella if she is cleared by Sunday.

The Bellas accepted the challenge on Twitter in a worked series of exchanges.

This will likely be part of tonight's show.

I don't even care if the rumored Cesaro vs RVD match is on the pre-show, I know that match is gonna be great.

The only thing that sucks is that they probably won't get a lot of time since they only use like 5 minutes of that pre-show for actual wrestling.

My thoughts ^

Taker stays winning....
Kelly Kelly is the baddest Jew on the planet.....
Summer Rae has very Keibler-esque legs.

Would lick them all from the rooter to the tooter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom