Wrestling Thread Aug 4-10 | 8/7 Breaking WWE News - Alberto Del Rio FIRED

If Smackdown Moves to Thursdays, Are You...?

• More Likely to Watch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less Likely to Watch

• No Difference

• Will Watch but Only After Football Season

• Total voters
That's Heenan?
eek.gif
ohwell.gif

He does not look good at all.

mlw/law >>>>>> ch
Honestly it depends on the show/week.

Like I am struggling to get through this Hijo Del Fantasma interview on MLW from 2 weeks ago.

Cheap heat's interview with Samoa Joe is on point.

Bauer/Pollack always delivers though

As if the above wasn't bad enough, the title went to Nash on the following Thunder and then on the next edition of Nitro the title changed hands twice in one night. Within a week the title had gone from Jarrett to being vacant, to Jarrett to Nash. Then Nash gave the belt back to Flair who had never lost it and on the same night Flair lost the belt back to Jarrett. Confused? You're not the only one.
So they just passed the World Heavyweight Title around like a jumpoff? Makes sense lol.

The Rock winning the belt bothered me because it seemed forced and without a true build. Punk's streak was basically thrown aside to appease Cena and Rocky. Didn't care for that. Other than that, I didn't mind too much that The Rock won. Just wish he hadn't broken Punk's streak just to drop the belt to Cena.

• When Ric Flair won the WCW title in 2000 the quarterly rating was a 3.29. This was up almost 1.0 from the previous segment and was a sign that Flair was still the man people wanted to see as champion. He lost the title a week later after having a "heart attack"
• Flair had his second fake heart attack of his WCW career. Fans didn't believe the first one so to try and make this one more convincing they tried to convince the boys backstage it was real.
• Flair later claimed this "heart attack" was a collapse caused by an inner-ear imbalance. Everyone knew though that this was another ridiculous Russo attempt to work the boys.
• They went a step further by having a funeral for Flair which, you'll not be surprised to hear, featured Kevin Nash coming out of Flair's casket and taking the WCW title which had just been handed to Jeff Jarrett. To make things worse, Nash had trouble getting out of the casket. That set up the following:
• Nash took on Jarrett to decide the vacant title. Russo ran in and Nash went to powerbomb him in the aisle. The Vampiro blood came down from the ceiling and MISSED AGAIN! Nash covered for this by moving into the blood, getting it on himself and Russo. For a reason never explained, the blood incapacitated Nash. Even more bizarre, it had no affect on Russo at all. Jarrett subsequently pinned Nash and won the title.
• As if the above wasn't bad enough, the title went to Nash on the following Thunder and then on the next edition of Nitro the title changed hands twice in one night. Within a week the title had gone from Jarrett to being vacant, to Jarrett to Nash. Then Nash gave the belt back to Flair who had never lost it and on the same night Flair lost the belt back to Jarrett. Confused? You're not the only one.

Smh :lol:

Lord glad I stuck with WWF

That Stone Cold beer truck segment has to be one of the greatest segments ever :lol:

Bruh, how come no one told me Jeff Hardy was this good?! Yeah, I'm on the wagon. This Mu****** was incredible!

Ate at the WCW Restaurant a few times I went to Vegas with my fam.

Excalibur was an absolute dump of a hotel :lol: . The restaurant itself I remember being whatever. WWF New York >

I stayed at excalibur a few years ago. That place did suck.

Bruh, how come no one told me Jeff Hardy was this good?! Yeah, I'm on the wagon. This Mu****** was incredible!
I was in elementary school during the Attitude Era. My bed time was 9:30 so I got 30 min of wrestling. I would BEG my dad just to let me stay up a little longer so I could watch the Hardy Boyz.

Definitely my favorite wrestler growing up but I lost all respect for him over the years.

I'm watching the Scooby Doo Wrestlemania movie on Cartoon Network right now.
mean.gif

The fact that the first thing that greets you as you enter "WWE City" is a giant statue of Shovel with the belt around his waist is comical.

Have you guys ever wondered what 4w would look like if he was a wrestler?

Conan did a gag last night about Wrestlers cut by WWE due to budgeting issues. And.

Well..

Back
Top Bottom