Wrestling Thread Aug 4-10 | 8/7 Breaking WWE News - Alberto Del Rio FIRED

If Smackdown Moves to Thursdays, Are You...?

• More Likely to Watch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less Likely to Watch

• No Difference

• Will Watch but Only After Football Season

• Total voters
Currently listening to the Cheap Heat.

I was semi-out of the loop when MVP came on. I wasn't a "smart" fan by any means. They were discussing about how they would have MVP "planted" at shows. Does this mean they were planting MVP at shows before his debut? Did people know MVP from other wrestling promotions? Was he an "internet darling" if you will.

I'm mainly asking, how big was MVP at the time, internationally or indy-wise? How good was he?

Idk but I remember them initially having MVP sit in the first row like he was some superstar athlete with 2 honeys and they made it seem like he was a hot commodity deciding whether the promotion was worth his services.

Currently listening to the Cheap Heat.

I was semi-out of the loop when MVP came on. I wasn't a "smart" fan by any means. They were discussing about how they would have MVP "planted" at shows. Does this mean they were planting MVP at shows before his debut? Did people know MVP from other wrestling promotions? Was he an "internet darling" if you will.

I'm mainly asking, how big was MVP at the time, internationally or indy-wise? How good was he?

From the horses mouth, this ***** MVP helped orchestrate a cruise ship robbery. he then started to get training and went to OVW? then he went to WWE, where he was planted at events as his debut.

From the horses mouth, this ***** MVP helped orchestrate a cruise ship robbery. he then started to get training and went to OVW? then he went to WWE, where he was planted at events as his debut.
MVP has a wild story. Colt and MVP are touring together in Manila,Philippines. MVP sits down and describes in detail his life before wrestling including gangs, weapons, robbery, prison and more. All different subjects are touched in this must listen Ep.

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2012/02/08/aow-81-mvp/

That's when I heard....the day the podcast dropped.

See lemme tell ya something (every old school wrestler started with this in their promos): I've been in this podcast business a long time brothers. I don't need credit or fame. I just want you all to enjoy. However, if you come for the king, you best not miss JACK,
Good grief you just cut a Cena/Hogan hybrid promo.

Give me some Dean/Jake

Good grief you just cut a Cena/Hogan hybrid promo.

Give me some Dean/Jake

No.

No. You don't know where my head is because half of the time, I don't know where it is. See, Damien here keeps me level, keeps me sane. But deep inside, I have this rage, this unpredictability that makes me want to toss all of that, and yourself, through the window of highest floor of the highest building in the world. But you see, I'm smarter than that. I rather systematically tear you apart piece by piece....then once I'm finished, Damien can have what's left.

Stephanie On Why WWE Is A Great Value Compared To UFC:

With UFC you can pay money to watch a PPV but it can be a terrible fight, right? The guy you’re rooting for that UFC has been building gets knocked right off and suddenly that person doesn’t really matter anymore. All that investment is lost. You never have that with WWE, we strategically build out Superstars and characters. We know when they are going to win, we know when they are going to lose. We build characters and make them megastars. It’s all very intentional and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth. It might not necessarily be the outcome you wanted but you’re guaranteed to have a great match, a great pay-per-view and you’re guaranteed to get entertained.

Well we know one thing for sure, Ratchet Steph doesn't visit NTWT

With UFC you can pay money to watch a PPV but it can be a terrible fight, right? The guy you’re rooting for that UFC has been building gets knocked right off and suddenly that person doesn’t really matter anymore. All that investment is lost. You never have that with WWE, we strategically build out Superstars and characters. We know when they are going to win, we know when they are going to lose. We build characters and make them megastars. It’s all very intentional and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth. It might not necessarily be the outcome you wanted but you’re guaranteed to have a great match, a great pay-per-view and you’re guaranteed to get entertained.
i guess the word guarantee is used very loosely over at WWE lol

With UFC you can pay money to watch a PPV but it can be a terrible fight, right? The guy you’re rooting for that UFC has been building gets knocked right off and suddenly that person doesn’t really matter anymore. All that investment is lost. You never have that with WWE, we strategically build out Superstars and characters. We know when they are going to win, we know when they are going to lose. We build characters and make them megastars. It’s all very intentional and[COLOR=#red] you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth[/COLOR]. It might not necessarily be the outcome you wanted but you’re guaranteed to have a great match, a great pay-per-view and you’re guaranteed to get entertained.

michael-jordan-evil-laugh.gif

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

How in the world is Shane the only non-delusional McMahon :lol: ? My goodness Steph is so much in a box

Last edited:
Did anything ever happen (storyline wise), between Cody Rhodes and one of the Bellas?

I ask because on 2K14, looking at the default Allies/Rivals, one of the Bellas is in there.

Cameron's been doing the Codebreaker even with Jericho back, and now she's been randomly using Bryan's Cattle Mutilation. I hate her. But she's been looking pretty good with the attire switch. I need to see that Bailey/Eva match just to see how much of a corpse Eva was.

View media item 1121941 View media item 1121947View media item 1121948View media item 1121949View media item 1121950

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom