Wrestling Thread Dec 14-20 | 12/20 TNA Final Resolution - Styles vs Daniels, Angles vs Wolfe

smh.gif

On a side note...random gif:

28s6joz.gif

My utter disgust and despisal of Cena is approaching Hulk Hogan-esque levels.
indifferent.gif

toine2983 wrote:

indifferent.gif

So imagine when he finally takes that heel hurn.
pimp.gif

7-7-96 was one of the biggest crown reactions I've EVER seen.

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

toine2983 wrote:

indifferent.gif
So imagine when he finally takes that heel hurn.
pimp.gif

7-7-96 was one of the biggest crown reactions I've EVER seen.

Man if/when that day happens that would be almost as epic as Hogan turning heel.

Hollywood Hogan was appreciated.
pimp.gif

I can visualize the kiddies in the Cena Nation shirts bawling their little eyes out.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I'd like to thank Jesus
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Team Jacob
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Carlito has been absolute gold the past few weeks. I really hope he gets a push.

This is more like the Source Awards
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Matt Hardy is such a jabroni.
this is what i came to this thread to look for to see if anyone lol'd at that. i was
roll.gif

i haven't paid attention to wrestling in sooo damnn long,
[typical nter] people still watch wrestling? [/typical nter]
but who the hell is this eve breezy?
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif
she was lookin mighty delicious tonight. she could sit on my face all dayevery damn day

carlito is the man

edit- who the hell is this sheamus dude??
roll.gif

First off, Matt Striker is that dude. A dream PPV would have Striker and JBL doing color... having a field day ripping on Cole's play-by-play.
Second off, I hate DX
mad.gif
mad.gif
. No Jericho on Raw is the biggest travesty ever. In 2009 alone, Jericho single-handedly made the IC title relevant (while he was in that picture),took the Tag Team titles out of the grave (who gave a +@++ about them when the Colons held them?), and made Big Show halfway acceptable.

Lastly, I still believe Sheamus missed his table spot outside the ring at TLC. At the end of Raw, you could notice there was no name spot on the title belt. This is the only time I've seen a new champion not have the name plate ready for them. And with Cena's whole Tebow-esque speech, I fully expect him tobe WWE Champion by the end of next week's show.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Hey ya'll, long time lurker to the weekly wrestling thread, thought I'd finally get involved. Pretty big shakeup putting it on Sheamus, too soon forhim but I really hope it leads to a Kofi feud although I have a bad feeling Cena will win it back on the 4th as others have said.

As for botching the tables match finish, I agree everything looks like it was setup that way except for the fact that table on the outside wasn't setup.That was the table Sheamus dumped over before he took the Attitude Adjustment and if you look carefully, it was never set up after that. If this wasn't thefinish though then it was still crazy awkward and I don't know what to think. One would think they were going with he got the fluke victory over Cena tobuild up for the rematch, but so far they aren't really selling that.

I like Sheamus though, I think he has it and the potential but you shouldn't be proving yourself AFTER you win the strap. His feud with Sheltonshould've been lengthier and he should've feuded with at least a bigger name on Raw beforehand. But we'll see where it goes from here.

And DX is just disgraceful. I'm so glad they can peddle merchandise on any show they want now
sick.gif

Here's a few N & N(DSK you disappoint me..
smh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Edge ahead of schedule, plans on returning before Wrestlemania

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Edge's rehabilitation for the torn Achilles tendon he suffered is actually moving ahead of schedule. Sources are claiming that Edge has told people close to him that he hopes to return to the ring within the first quarter of next year, making it very feasible that he could return in time for Wrestlemania 26
[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Edge vs. Jericho is def gonna happen now.[/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h2]Hogan: WWE Stars Are Calling to Work forTNA[/h2]
SLAM! Wrestling has a new interview up with Hulk Hogan. Here are some of the highlights:

On January 4th: " Jan. 4, we're going head to head with WWE. We've got to pick a fight. I don't know what's going to happen that night. If we get bodyslammed by WWE, we'll get back and go at them again."

On the role of writers: "What we have now is the writers telling the wrestlers what to say and do. I'm coming in to push the writers aside. Sure, they still have to make it flow and block time. If the wrestlers need a writer to tell them what to do, they can pack their bags and go north to WWE.. Writers don't have a feel and instinct for the business. They've never been in the ring. If I can't make it work, I'll pack my bags and leave."

On bringing characters to life: "I want to make the characters come alive. Characters like Andre the Giant and Rowdy Roddy Piper were larger than life. That's what I want. TNA is doing a lot of things right. They have a lot of great talent. But there are a lot of major WWE stars burning my phone up, asking if they can work for TNA when their contracts are up."

On him wrestling: "Right now there are no plans to put the yellow boots on, but sometimes the fans will box you in ... they could start yelling Hogan vs. Sting ... and then maybe we have to do something about it. Contractually it's not part of the plan, but it's still there. When I start Hulking up, the places are on fire."

On wrestlers that made a difference: "Gorgeous George was the bearer of excellence. Andre the Giant is there, too. The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin, for a shorter time they made an impression.
WWE's yearly Future Endeavor rampage coming after NewYear's
WWE will most likely be making main roster talent cuts after the start of the new year. We have been reporting for several weeks now that major changes are expected to be made to both the ECW and the Smackdown shows, so the roster cuts are expected to coincide with those changes. No word yet on how the cuts may or may not effect the Raw brand, or what names are likely to be cut at this time.
Buh bye Jimmy Wang Yang, Slam Master J, and Tyler Reks.

Hogan wants TNA to change ring back to the traditional 4 sidedstyle

- Bubba the Love Sponge on his Tampa radio show this morning claimed that Hulk Hogan has made the call to revert to a traditional four-sided wrestling ring.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I hope not.I like their six-sided ring. It's unique.[/color]

A Booker T WWE Return not going to happen anytime soon
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there were discussions with Booker T but negotiations with WWE are said to be dead at this point.
[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I would still like too see him return and have a Christian type ECW Title run, but Iwon't be sad if he doesn't return at all.[/color]

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Here's a few N & N(DSK you disappoint me..
smh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Edge ahead of schedule, plans on returning before Wrestlemania

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Edge's rehabilitation for the torn Achilles tendon he suffered is actually moving ahead of schedule. Sources are claiming that Edge has told people close to him that he hopes to return to the ring within the first quarter of next year, making it very feasible that he could return in time for Wrestlemania 26
Edge vs. Jericho is def gonna happen now.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Edge vs. Jericho @ Wrestlemania 26?
pimp.gif
The card is already looking prettygood IMO with Undertaker/HBK 2 looming... hopefully there's no Cena in the title picture but who am I fooling with that one...
eyes.gif

The Latest On Bret Hart & WWE Inside Here, & More
Dec 15 2009 by Ryan Clark

It should be noted that Jim Neidhart said at an autograph signing this past weekend in Long Island, New York that WWE is working on a DVD looking at The Hart Foundation, likely the whole family and not just Neidhart and Bret Hart's tag team. Apparently Neidhart just finished shooting some interviews for the project.

With WWE teasing a return by Bret Hart on last night's RAW, this adds to the speculation that Bret might be returning to WWE in some fashion.

pimp.gif

Yessss.
pimp.gif

If they can't get Rock for Jan 4th, then they def need to get Bret.

Hogan wants TNA to change ring back to the traditional 4 sided style

- Bubba the Love Sponge on his Tampa radio show this morning claimed that Hulk Hogan has made the call to revert to a traditional four-sided wrestling ring.
[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I hope not. I like their six-sided ring. It's unique.[/color]

I think it has to be done. I never liked the 6 sided ring. Feels cramped, especially during tag matches. Seemed too gimmicky, and we all know TNAneeds less gimmicks.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Hogan wants TNA to change ring back to the traditional 4 sided style

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I hope not. I like their six-sided ring. It's unique.[/color]
I think it has to be done. I never liked the 6 sided ring. Feels cramped, especially during tag matches. Seemed too gimmicky, and we all know TNA needs less gimmicks.

Guess you're right. I don't know..just always liked it for some reason.
laugh.gif

Gotta make up for all the time missed so...lots to read.
nerd.gif

News & Notes

Full details on Sheamus' shocking Title win and how WWE swerved everyone, including the agents and wrestlers in the back.

- Sheamus going over to win the WWE Championship shocked pretty much everyone and was a complete surprise and a last minute change. The word out of Friday's creative team meeting was John Cena was going over and the word at 6 PM Eastern tonight was that Cena was going over. I'm not sure what happened from 6 PM until the time of the match, but it was a late change. Sheamus' WWE Championship win was kept a secret to everyone but Sheamus and John Cena until right before the match. It was even written on the lineup sheet in the back that Cena was going over. WWE officials chose to do it this way to prevent it from leaking out beforehand that Sheamus was going over for the title as a "surprise," since everyone (and I mean everyone - including all the boys in the back) thought there was no way they'd put the title on Sheamus this soon. Expect a rematch between Cena and Sheamus at Royal Rumble, if not sooner. WWE officials are very high up on Sheamus, with Triple H leading the charge.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
eek.gif
laugh.gif
@ only Sheamus and Cena knowing before the match. I guess the reason why the finish lookedbotched was because they didn't have time to rehearse it...the decision to put the strap on Sheamus was made less than TWO HOURS before the PPVstarted.[/color]

When the decision to put McIntyre over at TLC was finalized and what the future of Morrison might be.

- The decision to put the WWE Intercontinental Championship on Drew McIntyre was finalized some time during the weekend. I was told WWE officials were "on the fence" about it before the pay-per-view, so I didn't run the story. The preliminary plan is for John Morrison to feud in the top of the card on Smackdown as a main event talent. Dolph Ziggler was actually scheduled to reign as Intercontinental Champion but his push obviously stalled in favor of McIntyre.

Lots of resentment backstage towards Sheamus and Drew McIntyre.

- Speaking of Sheamus, there is a lot of resentment backstage towards him and Drew McIntyre. No one is denying they are nice guys and talented in the ring, but being labeled as Triple H and Shawn Michaels' "boys" have done little to add to their locker room credibility. Everyone is in agreement that changes at the top needed to be made, but some are questioning the choices and who they chose to "hook the rocket up to their !%#es."

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Uh oh...[/color]

Why Dennis Miller name dropped Bret Hart on this week's RAW; future RAW host/Hart Dynasty manager?

Dennis Miller "name dropping" Bret Hart on last night's edition of Raw was intentional. Negotiations between Hart and WWE are still ongoing and there is serious consideration about bringing him in to guest host an upcoming edition of Raw, perhaps the 1/4/2010 edition which will go head-to-head against the debut of Hulk Hogan on TNA television.

Hart vowed to never appear on WWE television again after his tenure with the company came to a bitter end back in 1997 in the infamous screwjob involving Shawn Michaels, Vince McMahon and referee Earl Hebner. Hart did accept his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006, going back on his word because he felt that he "deserved to be inducted."

Rumors have been swirling for months that Bret Hart has shown interest in coming to WWE to help serve as a mentor to The Hart Dynasty. Hart still has a bad relationship with many in WWE, including Shawn Michaels and Triple H.

Hart ended his best-selling autobiography with a clear message as he wrote: "I'll never forgive Shawn, or Hunter for killing the business that so many of us gave our lives for. Although pro wrestling will never truly die, but always morph into something else, the business that I knew and loved and gave all I had is dead and gone forever."

"I escaped with my head up and my conscience clear."

Also, as I reported a couple of months ago there have been rumors Hart is once again romantically involved with WWE Diva Gail Kim. I'm unable to confirm if they are still seeing each other at this time.

Why DX was put over as the Unified Tag Team Champs.

- The plan to put DeGeneration X over as the new Unified WWE Tag Team Championship was done to free Big Show and Chris Jericho up to work on their respective brands. The fact WWE TLC was held in San Antonio, the hometown of Shawn Michaels, made it the perfect venue to switch the titles. There's talk of Michaels taking more time off after Wrestlemania and even retirement rumors, so I'm not sure how long they'll hold the belts.

Shawn Michaels to possibly take time off after Wrestlemania (again).

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amid speculation that he will be retiring after WrestleMania, WWE RAW superstar Shawn Michaels spoke to MySanAntonio.com this week and implied that he might be taking another extended hiatus from WWE after WrestleMania 26 in March.

"I take four months off in the summer and just spend time with the family," Michaels said. "It's a tough line of work. Those injuries hang around longer and those injuries are tougher to deal with. When I stop, my body will have an opportunity to heal and rest. That comes along with the territory."

Michaels took four months off after his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 25 earlier this year and now that he's back still only works a limited schedule.

"I actually don't have to take on the schedule that the other guys have to take on," Michaels said. "I wrestle more on a part-time basis."
[/font]

2009 WWE RAW Slammys rating.

Last night's edition three-hour Slammy edition of WWE Raw featuring Dennis Miller as guest host did a 3.3 cable rating (rounded up from 3.29) off hours of 2.95, 3.48 and 3.44 on the USA Network. Without the first hour, the show did a 3.46 cable rating.

ECW and Smackdown to undergo major changes next year.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's been reported this week that major changes are coming to WWE in the early months of 2010, with the ECW brand likely being shut down. According to a sources, WWE also has big changes in store for the SmackDown brand. The feeling is that RAW has enhanced its identity with the Guest Host concept and SmackDown needs something of its own to stand out. While nothing official has been decided on yet, it's believed that any big changes will take place after year ends.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Also as noted earlier here on the website, WWE is working on a deal that could change the current landscape of the company. WWE and SyFy have had preliminary meetings regarding the rebranding of the ECW series, which would include dropping name and brand "ECW". SyFy has noticed the dropping ratings since the debut of the show, and with the current TV deal ending in December, WWE is looking to improve ratings and freshen up the product. There was talk of a "magazine style" show, which was shot down, and the most recent pitch is an hour long show focusing exclusively on brand new talents. SyFy was very behind the brand when it debuted with a rating of over 2.0, but with the rating now averaging around a 1.0, the appeal to the network has been lost.
[/font]

WWE not concerned with TNA.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From talking to people in WWE, there is said to be "pretty much no concern whatsoever" in regards to TNA's iMPACT! going head-to-head with Monday Night RAW on January 4, 2010. There is such little concern about TNA that WWE is not even looking to move RAW to three hours, though there is talk of lining up a strong guest host for the first two weeks of the new year.

Among those in WWE, the general feeling is that TNA president Dixie Carter is "incredibly naïve" and that TNA is in for a massive disappointment come January 5th when the ratings come in.

On another note, those on the WWE side were happy in the sense that Hulk Hogan mentioned them during last Saturday's The Ultimate Fighter finale because they got free publicity out of it.
[/font]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]They have the right attitude about it...why should they be concerned? As of now, TNA isn't anymajor threat to them. Don't believe the hype.[/color]

Further proof Vince McMahon does not fear TNA.

- Despite speculation from many, there are no immediate plans to "beef up" the January 4th edition of Raw despite the news that TNA Wrestling will air a three-hour special on Spike TV that will likely feature the television debut of Hulk Hogan. WWE Champion John Cena isn't even booked for the show as he'll be in Arizona to do the Fiesta Bowl coin flip to promote Wrestlemania.

Hogan predicts 3.0 for Monday iMPACT.
laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With reports coming out that Spike TV is a bit nervous about how TNA iMPACT! will perform on Monday, January 4th head-to-head with WWE RAW for the first time, Hulk Hogan sounds pretty confident he'll make an immediate impact and is is setting the bar pretty high.

Hogan told hosts, "Everybody (at Spike) was scared of their own shadow. 'What if we don't do a number?' The thing is, I said, 'Don't even worry about it. You have to give the audience a choice,'"

During an interview on the "Right After Wrestling" SIRIUS satellite radio show, Hulk Hogan predicted that Nielsen ratings would triple to a 3.0 on his debut appearance on TNA Impact on Monday January 4.

Hogan said he sees "something there" with guys like AJ Styles and Matt Morgan and wants to "bring to life" the TNA superstars who he feels have that "it" factor.

The full interview will air on "Right After Wrestling" on Monday night December 14 at 11pm EST on SIRIUS Channel 98, Hardcore Sports Radio.
[/font]

Hogan storyline plans revealed.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We've got some new details regarding a storyline that's already underway involving Hulk Hogan's involvement with TNA Wrestling.

The original plan was for Hulk Hogan to lead the younger, homegrown stars of TNA against the "old guard" of established WWE & WCW castoffs, led by TNA president Dixie Carter. Hulk Hogan's recent comments that he'll be "in charge" of TNA are said to be part of the storyline (Hogan will have a great deal of power in TNA, but his comments are the start of this angle).

Dixie Carter was going to be a big player in the "Hulk Hogan joins TNA" angle, but there was a recent decision to cut back on Dixie's role and have Mick Foley be the leader of TNA's "old guard" movement. Dixie Carter will still be involved, but will not have the same role as originally planned.
[/font]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Good thing they nixed that Dixie Carter idea...NO ONE would have taken her seriously. And hasn'tTNA done this "old vs. new" guys stuff enough times? Meh...[/color]

Hogan banged up after in-ring return.

While TNA may be banking on Hulk Hogan to take them to the next level, they better not expect him to do it working matches. Dave Meltzer is reporting the Hulkster is badly beat up from his matches against Ric Flair in Australia. According to Meltzer, Hogan's hip went out in his match against Flair in Melbourne.

UFC makes moves that WWE may not like.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Ultimate Fighting Championship will run UFC Fight Night 20 on January 11th, which is a Monday night. The event will go head to head with Monday Night RAW.

The UFC has made another move that could possibly hurt WWE PPV. The company has moved the UFC 111 PPV to March 27, 2010. The PPV, which takes place from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, will air the night before WrestleMania 26. Some WWE/MMA fans may have to make a hard choice that weekend if they don't want to purchase both shows.
[/font]

Shane tired of being humiliated by Vince?

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Shane McMahon has not been working for WWE since announcing his resignation, which takes effect January 1st. It's said that morale is the lowest with workers in the office since anyone can remember. One person close to Shane says that him leaving WWE had to do with being passed over for power and that he was tired of being humiliated publicly by Vince.[/font]

Jesse Ventura trashes WWE & WWE responds.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Earlier last week, WWE Hall of Famer Jesse Ventura appeared on ESPN radio and criticized World Wrestling Entertainment for their longtime company policy of classifying wrestlers as "independent contractors" and not employees. Ventura acknowledged that he had participated in a WWE event just a week ago when he hosted RAW, but says the wrestlers are treated unfairly and denied benefits because of WWE's refusal to acknowledge them as employees.

WWE spokesperson Robert Mitchell has responded to Ventura's remarks with some pretty sharp words of his own. Mitchell tells the Hartford Courant: "We find it highly hypocritical that Jesse had no problem coming on Monday Night Raw to promote his new project or was happy to be paid all those years by the WWE as a performer. He is just looking to garner additional press for his fledgling show, appropriately entitled 'Conspiracy Theory.'"
[/font]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ventura is a straight up G after what he did on RAW and then blasting them after his appearance.[/color]
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Rey Mysterio trying to tough it out until Wrestlemania.

- Rey Mysterio was in a considerable amount of pain after Tuesday's Smackdown taping and some are wondering if he's going to be able to make it until after Wrestlemania to have knee surgery.

Linda McMahon says WWE had "significant" steroid problem.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In an interview with political website TheHill.com, former WWE CEO and United States Senate hopeful Linda McMahon spoke about a number of topics pertaining to pro wrestling. McMahon acknowledged that steroids were a "significant problem" in WWE back in 2006 before the company relaunched its drug testing program. She says WWE's Wellness policy is "as good as it can be for today. But as technology advances and more is known and developed, we'll continue to develop our policy, as we have done over the years."

"Unlike football or baseball or basketball, where steroids can actually enhance performance, they do nothing to enhance performance in WWE," McMahon said. She added that its mostly about a wrestler's "charisma, the ability to connect with the audience, and how successfully they can act and perform within the storyline." No mention about the long standing culture of freakishly muscular wrestlers getting pushed or the increasing pressure for wrestlers to stay in shape and maintain an HDTV-friendly physiques.

WWE legends Superstar Billy Graham and Bruno Sammartino have been very outspoken towards Linda McMahon since she began her Senate campaign. Graham recently told the Hartford Courant, "She may look like a Sunday school teacher, [but her] hands are as bloody as her husband's, because she is aware of every move in the ring." Linda called Graham a "self-confessed liar" and dismissed Sammartino as someone who has "still got sour grapes because he didn't make as much money as the guys today are making." She said, "You're going to always have the old-timers who are going to come out and say [things]," she said. "It's just not like that."
[/font]

Bret Hart says Russo "should be hanged" and shoots on Eric Bischoff.

In a recent interview on the UK's The Ministry of Slam radio show Bret Hart said he felt Melina was the best wrestler in the world. The quote, which was recapped by Kevin Eck of the Baltimore Sun was as follows:

"I think Melina is really creative and imaginative," Hart said. "She's an innovator and she comes up with some great matches. I love watching her wrestle. In a lot of ways, I think she's the best wrestler in the world right now."

Hart also commented on Vince Russo and went on to shoot about Eric Bischoff:

"I think they should take Vince Russo and hang him by the neck somewhere in the back of the parking lot," said Hart, who worked with Russo in WWE and WCW. "Vince Russo knows about as much about wrestling as Eric Bischoff does. Neither one of them knows s--- about anything. I find it really bizarre that Vince McMahon or the lady in TNA [Dixie Carter] would hire such imbeciles to call all the shots.

"I don't have any personal grudge against Vince Russo, but I just know watching the shows that all his shows look the same. TNA has turned into sort of another version of WCW when I was with Russo there. I think the best wrestling always needs to pretend to be real, and Vince Russo's wrestling is so pathetically far-fetched and phony that I think he does a disservice to his wrestlers and the business."

alien.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]@ the best wrestler in the world comment. Dude went in on Russo tho'.[/color]
roll.gif

Ric Flair is considering TNA and explains why he was yanked from WWE TV in June.

Ric Flair revealed in an interview with Alex Marvez he is open to joining Hulk Hogan in TNA Wrestling.

"I haven't entertained the idea of working there [TNA] because I've been so loyal to WWE, but you never know what's going to go on," Flair told Martvez in a phone interview. "I don't want to make any predictions, but I've certainly got a lot left to offer. I think I would be a good addition to (TNA's) program.

"Everything is about money, timing, what they want me to do and the job description. There's a lot up in the air. I haven't talked to (TNA ownership) yet, but I've had conversations with people who work there. I've stood by WWE, but if they're not going to use me anymore, I'm ready for any kind of action."

Flair said he was dropped from WWE television after an on-camera angle he did with Randy Orton in June was not followed up on. Flair said he was told by WWE officials they yanked him from TV because he signed an agreement to wrestle for a rival touring group in China, a country in which the company wants to expand in. Marvez asked Flair if he believes this was the real reason and he chuckled and said, "It sounds flimsy to me, too."

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/49508]Click here[/url] to read all of Flair's comments to Marvez.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If Flair signs with TNA after the sendoff the 'E gave him...
URL]
[/color]

WWE working on Shawn Michaels DVD.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- WWE has a three-disc DVD set on Shawn Michaels on tap for March 2010. The title will countdown his 25 best matches. In other video release news, the 2010 Royal Rumble pay-per-view will be released in both standard and Blu-Ray formats.[/font]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]My dude Mo is coppin' for sure.[/color]

Bryan Danielson to bypass developmental and debut on ECW soon.

Bryan Danielson will be debuting on WWE television shortly as he is set to debut on the company's ECW brand next month or early next year. WWE officials held him off television until his final appearance with Ring of Honor aired on their Monday night show on HDNet. Danielson will forgo the usual "seasoning" process new workers are put through in Florida Championship Wrestling and will go straight to television.

The feeling is he is "television ready", but the company wanted to wait until everything had been completed with Ring of Honor.

Mickie James once again has backstage heat.

- Mickie James is in the hot seat with WWE officials because of the news she is pursuing a country music career. The feeling is she hasn't stayed in shape and is more or less "going through the motions" to collect a check from WWE while trying pursue other interests. Mickie has had backstage heat off and on because of issues involving her weight. The WWE producers are known for being especially hard on Divas for appearing even a couple of pounds overweight.

Angelina Love speaks on possibly returning to TNA soon.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In an interview with the Chicago Sun Times, Angelina Love says "The Beautiful People" will soon reunite in TNA.

"Oh, absolutely," Love said. "Don't believe everything you hear, and don't believe everything you read. We'll definitely get on that train again."

Any idea when? "It'll be soon," she said. "That's all I can say - soon."

Love still stays in shape, and her former partner is active as a TNA Knockout. "Whenever you make a comeback or whatever - for people who haven't seen you in a long time - you don't want to come back looking worse," she said. "You definitely want to come back looking bangin' ..."
[/font]

Fans upset by Umaga snub by WWE; why they didn't mention him.

The UK Sun has an article on WWE fans in the United Kingdom being upset the company did not pay tribute to Eddie "Umaga" Fatu on this week's edition of Raw. You can read it at this http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2767681/WWE-fans-rage-at-Umaga-snub-Supporters-slam-WWE-for-refusing-to-acknowledge-Edward-Fatus-death-on-Raw.html]link[/url].

WWE has remembered workers in the past that have died and weren't under contract, however, the decision was made not to mention Fatu because of the negative press it would give the company. Not only has WWE tried to shy away from negative PR since the Benoit family tragedy, they did not want to do anything to jeopardize Linda McMahon's United States Senate run by providing her opposition with negative press.

New report reveals Test had brain damage similar to Chris Benoit.

The Sun out of the United Kingdom has a new article online today about the late Andrew "Test" Martin. According to the article, Martin who was found dead last March at the age of 33, suffered from brain damage. Dr. Bennet Omalu, co-director of the Brain Injury Research Institute, said that further examination of Martin's body revealed that he had "chronic traumatic encephalopathy stemming from repeated blows to the head."

The damage was said to be similar to that of Chris Benoit's, whose brain "resembled an 85-year-old with Alzheimer's." Dr. Omalu goes on to explain that after repeated blows to the head, at some point, the brain loses the ability to heal itself. Andrew Martin was also said to have abuse issues with steroids, painkillers, and alcohol. His death was said to be due to an overdose of OxyContin, a pain killer administered to Cancer patients.

Umaga is also mentioned in the article as being another wrestler who passed away in his 30s. You can check it out at http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/2765141/The-brain-of-ex-WWE-star-Test-resembled-an-Alzheimers-patient-according-to-new-report.html]this link[/url].

Kurt Angle high on Desmond Wolfe.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Kurt Angle is said to have a high opinion of TNA newcomer Desmond Wolfe following their pay-per-view match last month. Angle actually laid the entire match out but claimed that after his back went out in the first minute they had to change plans and work on the fly until the finish.[/font]

Reports on the 'E hesitant to give Mark Cuban a live mic are false.

- Mark Cuban is actually friends with Vince McMahon so reports the company was hesitant about giving him a live mic were overblown. McMahon trusted Cuban to do the opening segment unassisted and was telling people how they were running in "his arena" and no one could get the crowd hot like he could.

Undertaker bar fight story told by Dutch Mantel.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The latest http://www.dutchmantell.com/]blog entry[/url] from Dutch Mantel recalls a night than he and the Undertaker were out drinking, with the night ending in a bar patron being knocked out by Taker in one punch. "The bouncers had seated us at the front of the bar but when Mark left, he headed into the back where the rest rooms were," Dutch wrote.

"As I was looking into the crowd of people toward the back looking for Mark, I saw some activity going on and I heard some loud yelling. Since Mark wasn't right beside me and he had been drinking, I had the wrestler's intuition that something was wrong. It took me 30 seconds to find out.

"Off I went to find Mark and as soon as I got close to the rear of the club, I saw some dude laid out all over the floor. Everybody was standing in a circle around the guy with some girl kneeling over him. He was in dreamland. I then saw Mark over to the side with the bouncers talking to him. I walked up and asked what had happened and the bouncer said that Mark had leveled this one guy with one shot and he dropped him like a bad habit."
[/font]

WWE and Twitter.

- The feeling in WWE is that they now have Twitter under control. About a month ago there were several discussions within the company about what to do about workers releasing controversial and even drunken Tweets, not to mention promoting other companies. Officials have told workers not to mention rival promotions or post messages late at night when they might be intoxicated.

Primo said to be very "frustrated".

RAW wrestler Eddie Colón (a.k.a. "Primo") is said to be very "frustrated" with his current position in World Wrestling Entertainment.

The second generation star has accomplished little of note since being broken up from his brother Carlito over the summer as more often than not he's working dark matches and being left off Monday Night Raw. Primo loves wrestling more than his brother does (Carlito himself has admitted this to be true), so this is a trying time for him.

The Colóns captured the WWE Tag Team Championships shortly after Primo's debut last year, holding on to them through June.

WWE signs Ricky Steamboat's son.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- WWE has signed Richie Steamboat, son of WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, to a developmental contract. The son of the former NWA World Heavyweight Champion will be heading to Florida Championship Wrestling shortly to begin his progress towards WWE stardom. Over the past two years, the elder Steamboat has been sending his son to areas all over the world to learn the art of wrestling including Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan, World Wrestling Council in Puerto Rico and Harley Race's wrestling academy in Eldon, Missouri. Richie was originally trained by longtime preliminary wrestler George South.[/font]

ROH star claims to have turned down WWE.

Davey Richards from Ring of Honor fame has claimed WWE recently offered him a contract but he turned them down. Richards said he would turn the company down even if they pursued him again.

Jim Cornette absolutely destroys Vince Russo.

The official Ring of Honor website has posted a commentary by Jim Cornette where he absolutely destroys Vince Russo. This, more than anything, justifies the overwhelming negative opinion of Russo throughout the wrestling industry. No more can people say it's just the "dirt sheets" that attack TNA and Russo because this is a guy that worked right beside him in TNA for years. Below is an excerpt from the piece:

You can call this an open letter. You can call it an early New Years' Resolution, an apology for abandoning my principles, or you can call it, as I am, a contract with the pro wrestling fans.

Over the past few years I have attended numerous fanfests and wrestling events, and spoken to hundreds, if not thousands, of true wrestling fans. In the nine months my website, jimcornette.com, has been up and running, I have received literally thousands of emails from fans around the world. The overwhelming majority has said the same thing in a variety of ways - they want their pro wrestling back. They are sick of the sports entertainment. They are tired of the sport they love being treated as a Saturday Night Live sketch. They are embarrassed to admit to their friends or family that they watch wrestling nowadays, or worse yet, they have quit watching wrestling altogether. They are confused and frustrated by the way bright young wrestling stars are passed over by the big leagues in favor of bodybuilders, bikini models and quasi-celebrities or given silly, kiss-of-death gimmicks guaranteed to fail, bestowed upon them by comedy writers who have never bought one ticket to see a wrestling match. They are disgusted by the same writers who have made the matches a meaningless backdrop for silly soap opera scripted by people who, as Bill Watts used to say, if you were to be caught in an athlete's locker room would be whistling "Stranger in Paradise". They are fed up with the pervasive nepotism and the arrogance of Vince McMahon thinking he invented and/or owns the entire sport. Most of all, they are confounded by seeing an answer to the biggest question of all, generally phrased as "Why in the flying +$!@ does Vince Russo have a job?"

It's no secret that I feel the same way, that I despise "sports entertainment" and what it has done to our sport, and have long predicted the decline and ultimate demise of our industry because of it. A point that we are closer to in 2010 than ever before.

It's also no secret that for the past three years I abandoned my principles, and not only worked for a company that's moved even farther towards "sports entertainment", but went against every bit of my better judgment and coexisted with the man who has done more damage to our business than anyone else in its history, the man who Bret Hat has said should be "taken out in the parking lot and hanged', the man who Jerry Jarrett has said "writes TV like a man on LSD", Vince Russo.

I am ashamed by this. Sure, there were mitigating circumstances, which I will list here, then summarily dismiss and never mention again - I went to work with TNA because it was the company best poised to prevent the WWE from having a monopoly on our industry - when Russo was hired, I tried to resign but was talked out of it because of my loyalty to the Jarrett family for giving me my start, and my friendship with and respect for Dutch Mantell, one of the true great minds in our business - My wishful thinking that sooner than later Dixie Carter would have a moment of clarity and fire the man responsible for more bad gimmicks, rotten television, ruined careers, unsold tickets, illogical booking and irreparable, lost potential than any 5 other bookers in history - my desire to help the great TNA talent roster and fine TV production crew overcome the Russo handicap and succeed in spite of him - and not least the fairly good-sized check I was receiving for one of the lighter schedules I have ever worked.

But none of this holds water if I was truly committed to helping produce a good product, to making wrestling better for the fans of today and the wrestlers of tomorrow. None of this matters if I had to embarrass myself by being associated with this nonsense. Even if Dixie Carter is inexperienced in wrestling, she is a grown woman and should be able to spot a moron, especially when she's pouring tens of millions of dollars of her father's money down a well that same moron is digging. After 30 years, I am a whole lot closer to the end of my career than the beginning, and while I have nothing left to proves as a performer, I would still rather be remembered after I am gone as someone who helped produce good professional wrestling that was enjoyable for the fans and profitable for the wrestlers and the promotion than remembered as a former star who produced inane corporate "sports entertainment" that limped along to a bitter end, decimated by the UFC and its own inability to police itself from people who have no knowledge of or respect for the profession they were allowed into.

Even though it's true that I never publicly praised any part of TNA's booking or creative direction, dancing around on my interviews, grasping for something positive to say, changing the subject, my very presence in a Vince Russo-booked promotion lent my tacit approval to it. I wasted three years of my life. I worked and sweated over something that ultimately had no chance of success. I abandoned my principles. I took the check. And for that, I hereby apologize to every wrestling fan in the world. I'm sorry. I'm ashamed of myself. Most importantly, I won't do it again. And I ask for forgiveness.

As Mama Cornette used to say, "everything happens for a reason". My total inability to force myself to back Vince Russo's vision of wrestling led to my release from TNA, but it also led to my return to Ring of Honor. I was there 3 years ago, and I made a mistake in leaving. ROH has made great strides since that time. It's a promotion that respects not only the sport but its fans. It's run by good people who care about its employees and product. It has the youngest, most athletic talent roster in the industry. It has the most competitive, serious in-ring product in the country. It has a national TV outlet and a devoted fan base. And if the balance of power in wrestling is to shift, I'd like to make sure I have my thumb on the scale.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=3111]Click here[/url] to read the full article.

Back
Top Bottom