Wrestling Thread Feb 1-7 | 2/4 TNA iMPACT! Pope vs Styles, Nash vs Foley, Angle vs Tomko

Sorry guys, it's been a tough two days.  Not going to get too much into it, but my girl and I called it quits after 2 and a half years.  Feeling way down in the dumps.  My boy is here taking me out to dinner so I have no idea if I'll be around for Raw tonight.  I'm recording and will check in eventually.

Quick points for tonight's Raw:
-Edge returned and won the Royal Rumble
-Shawn Michaels eliminated HHH in The Rumble
-Shawn Michaels needs to find a new way to get his shot against The Undertaker at WrestleMania
-Sheamus retained the WWE Title via DQ after Cody Rhodes interfered
-Randy Orton beat up Legacy after his match
-Bret Hart returns tonight to address Vince McMahon
-William Shatner hosts
-Gail Kim faces Maryse for the vacant Divas Title
-Elimination Chamber is 20 days away
-WrestleMania 27 was officially announced for The Georgia Dome

I feel like the WWE has a lot to get done in the time til Wrestlemania but I'm feeling very confident this year's Mania will be of a high quality, unlike last year which I still think was possibly the worst Wrestlemania

I was at WM 25 and it wasn't as bad as you make it seem. The Undertaker V.S. HBK match made the night one to remember, the chants back and forth "Under-taker..H-B-K.." was awesome on top of their performance. I hope Edge can put show for us now that he's back.

all of a sudden i have a feeling its going to be taker/hbk/hhh at WM

DX will try to co-exist with eachother until they both F up and lose the tag titles. that leads to a FULL on feud between the two. or maybe hbk is too distracted with getting his match with taker that he causes dx to lose the tag titles which leads to hhh turning on hbk since 1. hbk eliminated him at the rumble and 2. causing them to lose the tag titles. hhh has nothing left but to challenge hbk but somehow taker gets into the mix and its a triple threat match for takers streak.

damn i should be a writer! i wish SMvsR had like a writer mode or something
laugh.gif

Undertaker vs. HBK match was one of the best I've ever seen, the rest was pure trash IMO

the day HBK retires, I will shed a tear...he's easily my all time favorite, he just has that charisma that comes natural that 99.9% of people don't have

hope things get better for you 4w. Only advice i got is get stoned/drunk, sit back and chill with buddies and shoot the #%@*. As for raw, i hope bret puts the sharpshooter on vkm.

Originally Posted by 22stylez

DX will try to co-exist with eachother until they both F up and lose the tag titles. that leads to a FULL on feud between the two. or maybe hbk is too distracted with getting his match with taker that he causes dx to lose the tag titles which leads to hhh turning on hbk since 1. hbk eliminated him at the rumble and 2. causing them to lose the tag titles. hhh has nothing left but to challenge hbk but somehow taker gets into the mix and its a triple threat match for takers streak.

laugh.gif
Uhhhh....

damn 4W

I missed that, keep your head up...we've all been there, time heals all wounds, in the mean time, party it up like it's Penn State all over

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

laugh.gif
Uhhhh....

what?! you'd rather see hhh in another title match?! i honestly dont think hbk/taker rematch will top WM25

Hope everything turns out alright 4W.

Hopefully Elimination Chamber is worth the $60 I am paying to see it live.

wait are you paying 60 bucks for a ticket or ppv? And i would think it would be hard to see i person because of the chamber itself

Copied from the other thread:
The other half of MnM returning
Former MNM tag-team member and former Champion Joey Mercury is set toreturn to World Wrestling Entertainment, according to PWInsider.com.

Mercury was released by the company in 2007 and retired in 2008,reportedly due to injury issues. He is slated to be on SmackDown, whichis where his former tag-team partner John Morrison is also.
A MnM reunion would be
pimp.gif
They were the most swag filled tag team when they were together
laugh.gif

HBK doesn't like Punk's "Straight Edge Jesus" gimmick, Rock returning at Summerslam, not Wrestlemania

- Sources say that Shawn Michaels is not the biggest fan of the CM Punk "savior" storyline on SmackDown.

-At press time, sources were unclear as to whether The Rock's recentinterview comments about not wanting to wrestle John Cena were honestor a fun way to plant the seeds for an inevitable future match.

Regarding his plans, the word is that he will be involved in a short-term angle when Summerslam rolls around in August.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ Shawn

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Undertaker vs. HBK match was one of the best I've ever seen, the rest was pure trash IMO
HBK vs. Taker prevents it from being the worst WM, IMO.

The other main event matches did not live up to expectations though...HBK/Taker really should have ended off the night. There was nothing that was gonna follow that up.

I thought the MITB match was good and Jericho vs. Steamboat put on a nice lil' show. Hardy vs. Hardy was disappointing and
sick.gif
@ the Divas battle royal disaster.

Coming off a good PPV yesterday, I'm looking forward to how this year's Wrestlemania shapes up. With Edge winning the Rumble, that throws some of the preliminary plans we heard about out the window...what happens with Jericho? HBK vs. Taker or HBK vs. HHH? Is Cena still facing Batista at WM?

4w, stay up man...it's gotta be rough but just keep yourself preoccupied to get your mind off the bad stuff. You know we need you for Wrestlemania bro...
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
Uhhhh....

what?! you'd rather see hhh in another title match?! i honestly dont think hbk/taker rematch will top WM25
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 adds several new features with themain theme based around customization, such as a Story Designerallowing players to create their own playable WWE storylines

Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

wait are you paying 60 bucks for a ticket or ppv? And i would think it would be hard to see i person because of the chamber itself
$60 a ticket. We got pretty decent seats (better than my seats for Raw) but hopefully the Chamber won't be too bad to see into.

ProWrestling.net is reporting that WWE is still planning on overhauling the ECW brand, however the changes won't likely be made until after WrestleMania this year. Many SyFy executives have been pushing for WWE to make changes to the brand, and at this point the feeling is that the company will drop the ECW letters, rename the show, and focus it more on younger superstars, which is something WWE has already put into motion. It's also being said that SyFy is pushing for WWE to incorporate more Science Fiction oriented story lines, and conspiracy theory type angles.

4W sorry to hear that bro. Girl problems are the worst try to get your mind off it and keep busy.

Edge coming back
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Has and always will be my favorite wrestler of this time, maybe all time.

On a side note, HBK broke Stone Cold's rumble record of 38 eliminations with 41.

A couple more bits of news:

Former NWA World Heavyweight champion and WWE Hall of Famer Jack Brisco has passed away this morning, he was 68. There aren't many details as of now, but Brisco did undergo a triple heart bypass several weeks ago and he was in a rehab center to recover. Briscoe was a former NWA Champion, and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame with brother Gerry in 2008.
RIP.

Credit: NODQ.com

"According to Dave Meltzer, it was announced in Japan that the WWE hasinvited Antonio Inoki into the Hall of Fame with Stan Hansen being theperson to induct him."

But why Hansen to inducting Inoki where it should Baba being inducted by Hansen and have someone else for Inoki.
Nice
pimp.gif

Something else I wanted to mention again...I REALLY marked hard for that entire CM Punk moment in the Rumble. I'll give the creative writers props on that one. Him eliminating the first two guys...then cutting a promo alone in the ring...then eliminating the next guy...cutting another promo...GTS'ing Beth Phoenix and eliminating her...that %$!$ was brilliant.
pimp.gif
It would have been nice if he'd stayed longer but of course when Triple GOD entered, he has to bury the good stuff.
eyes.gif

In case anyone missed it or wants to see it again, here's the last 10 minutes of the Rumble...Youtube will take it down ASAP though.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Uhhhh....

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 adds several new features with themain theme based around customization, such as a Story Designerallowing players to create their own playable WWE storylines

Just sayin'.
i have the game. that storyline crap is way too complicated. theres really no progress and its too hard and complicated so i just gave up. they should implement a easier version of that PLUS manager/owner mode. i missed that. i think 06 or 07 had the last owner/manager mode where u could draft etc.

Back
Top Bottom