Wrestling Thread Feb 6-12 | 2/12 TNA Against All Odds PPV | BREAKING NEWS - RUSSO OUT (p55)

- As noted before, WWE has plans for a big payoff in the John Cena vs. Kane feud at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view. The local ads confirming the match also confirm that this will be the end of the feud. The ads say, “it comes to an end in Milwaukee.

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Judging off that video, I think we all can agree the youtube channel is going to be a complete failure.

Ryder's show is being absorbed by this YouTube channel.  It's not known if WWE will take "creative control" on it.
As long as Ziggler is able to do his Ask The Heel the way he wants, I'll still tune in

I'm sure they won't let Dolph cut the same promos he's been cutting on Ryder's show. And we've probably seen the last of The Big O and Chiapetta. 

Smackdown Elimination Chamber Match
Spoiler [+]
Daniel Bryan vs Mark Henry vs Big Show vs Cody Rhodes vs Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

- People within WWE have been saying for months now that Vince McMahon just hasn’t been acting himself. The same was being said at last night’s RAW in Kansas City. Speculation is that the stress of running WWE, launching the Network and other things are taking its toll on him.
Damn, I hope dude is alright. It's going to be a sad, sad day in my life when I hear the news that Vince has passed on.

Spoiler [+]
Daniel Bryan vs Mark Henry vs Big Show vs Cody Rhodes vs Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton

Spoiler [+]
WWE then did an angle between Teddy Long and Mark Henry where Henry ended up being suspended indefinitely. Henry is apparently being written off TV for a while to deal with injuries. There was no replacement announced for Henry in the Chamber so the updated card looks like this:

SmackDown Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Title - Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett vs. Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show vs. Randy Orton vs. TBA

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Smackdown EC sounds boring.

With Punk and Jericho the only possible guys that could win the Raw EC Match, I'm much more interested in the SD EC Match because I feel like just about anyone could win.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

– Crimson has been named Most Overrated Wrestler in the 2011 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards. He is trailed by Mason Ryan, Kevin Nash, Mr. Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Triple H, Sin Cara, Matt Morgan, CM Punk and Randy Orton.

Regarding Crimson, Wrestling Observereditor Dave Meltzer wrote, “Crimson is probably the prime example of a guy who isn’t overrated by fans, but pushed to a level that hasn’t really worked. He’s got size, and good facials at times, and a good look and comes across like a tough guy. But he doesn’t sell well and comes across as green, and gets exposed often in long matches. Plus, TNA can’t even book an unbeaten streak well.

With Punk and Jericho the only possible guys that could win the Raw EC Match, I'm much more interested in the SD EC Match because I feel like just about anyone could win.

Indeed. That SD line-up is much stronger.

PO

Originally Posted by YardFather

Rumor has it that Evan Bourne has entered rehab.
For fake weed?!?!?
grin.gif

The weed debate is garbage, it is completely crazy for me to expect these guys to do spots 4 night outs of the week (win or lose, ou know he has to do a shooting star press), and just go about their lives, Bret said it in his book, when you let the boys smoke they reminisce about old matches, eat and fall asleep, now you got them takin pain pills and other garbage for the pain to avoid a wellness fail and we all know where that road leads to.................

Let em smoke Vince..............

/rant

Cosign.

Why are they not doing qualifying matches for at least 1 week?

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by YardFather

Rumor has it that Evan Bourne has entered rehab.
For fake weed?!?!?
grin.gif

The weed debate is garbage, it is completely crazy for me to expect these guys to do spots 4 night outs of the week (win or lose, ou know he has to do a shooting star press), and just go about their lives, Bret said it in his book, when you let the boys smoke they reminisce about old matches, eat and fall asleep, now you got them takin pain pills and other garbage for the pain to avoid a wellness fail and we all know where that road leads to.................

Let em smoke Vince..............

/rant

It's been said that his second suspension is completely unrelated to his first.

Umm, yeeeeeeeeah. About that SD Chamber match...

Spoiler [+]
Khali is the last participant.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Cosign.

Why are they not doing qualifying matches for at least 1 week?

Cause that would take too much effort. You see how lazy they got with King of the Ring years ago. It actually used to be a full tournament, then
they just shrunk it down to 8 guys, 2 of which had a real shot at winning, and called it a day.

Spoiler [+]
So what's Sheamus going to do. Squash Jinder Mahal again at the PPV? 
eyes.gif

Had fun with the guys that participated on WWE '12 tonight. 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Spoiler [+]

solid match minus #2 and #3

– According to WWELiveTour.com, Triple H is advertised for every Raw SuperShowthrough WrestleMania

The Undertaker is solely advertised for the February 20 Raw Supershowin Minneapolis, Minnesota. The official website of the Target Center advertises: “The Phenom

True on the Raw Chamber..but I still see it being the more fun to watch match.  And I don't know about anyone winning in that SD Chamber. Bryan/Wade/Orton are the only ones that have a chance at winning IMO.

Complete Smackdown Spoilers
Spoiler [+]
The show started with Teddy Long introducing Elimination Chamber participants: Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett, Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, and Randy Orton.

Henry came out after the announcement to complain about having only a one in six chance at the Chamber. He is the "big fish" and demands to be taken out of the chamber match. Instead, he wants a World Title match tonight. Teddy says he's out of the Chamber match, and there's no match tonight. Mark put his hands on teddy, and Teddy indefinitely suspended him. Mark threatened to get his moneys worth for a suspension. Sheamus came out and delivered a Brogue kick to knock out Henry, who eventually went goes to the back.

Teddy asked Sheamus what title he's going after. Sheamus said he hasn't decided yet. Cody came out and said he did all the work at the Rumble. Teddy made a match between Sheamus and Cody. Teddy did not specify a replacement for Henry at Chamber.

1. Sheamus pinned Cody Rhodes. The crowd was really behind Sheamus.

2. Hunico (w/Camacho) vs. Justin Gabriel never got started. Cody was still hurting. He jumped Gabriel along with Hunico and Camacho. It was three on one until Great Khali made the save.

The Mike Tyson video aired.

Backstage, Drew McIntyre pleaded for his job with Long. Santino came in with a new tag team since Santoshi didn't do so well. This team is SantinOOOOO!! Santino and Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Duggan started a USA chant while Santino yelled "Italia." Aksana came in and noticed Teddys "big piece of wood" that Hacksaw left behind. Duggan looked at Aksana and let out a big "HOOO." This segment got a good laugh from the crowd.

3. Primo and Epico (w/Rosa Mendes) defeated Santino Marella and Jim Duggan. The tag champs won when Santino was going for The Cobra only to be distracted by Rosa Mendes.

Daniel Bryan came out and did his role model speech. He insulted Nebraskans for eating meat. Big heat. Big Show came out said he just got done eating a big steak in the back. Show ended up chokeslamming Bryan. A.J. stopped Show from hurting Bryan more.

4. Brodus Clay beat Heath Slater. Drew McIntyre came out and attacked Clay, who destroyed him.

5. Beth Phoenix and Natalya defeated Tamina and Aksana. Beth and Natalya won clean.

It was announced that The Great Khali is replacing Mark Henry in the Elimination Chamber match. Another Rock and John Cena video played to hype WrestleMania 28, and then Randy Orton was interviewed by Josh Mathews.

6. Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett. Orton and Barrett brawled out in the crowd right in front of Troy. He said it was wild action and featured chairs and tables. Orton won with the RKO. Jacob wrote that there was a lot of buildup to using the table but it broke before Orton could use it. Orton seemed pretty playful for going against the guy that put him on the shelf for two months. The intensity picked up towards the end though.

Daniel Bryan came out to celebrate and then left awkwardly. Teddy Long came out and announced Bryan vs. Orton for next week.

Back
Top Bottom