Wrestling Thread Feb 7-13 | 2/13 TNA Against All Odds - Angle vs Jarrett | Anderson vs Jeff Hardy

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I've come to accept the fact that in this NTWT business, I'm Santino.
As much as I'd like to be a main eventer, I won't, but at least I'm over.

after i win the NTWF title at NTChamber, successfully defend it in a squash at NTMania vs dsk, i'll give u a title shot. pending u win in a gauntlet match the monday after NTMania against Club29, noble, 916, toine, 4w, dragonfly, lobo and hyper cutter

after i win the NTWF title at NTChamber, successfully defend it in a squash at NTMania vs dsk, i'll give u a title shot. pending u win in a gauntlet match the monday after NTMania against Club29, noble, 916, toine, 4w, dragonfly, lobo and hyper cutter

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

PLEASE! you dont have enough name-value to carry a NTWT 'Mania main-event

Club29 = buyrates

Come at me Bro's

PLEASE! you dont have enough name-value to carry a NTWT 'Mania main-event

Club29 = buyrates

Come at me Bro's

Originally Posted by Club29

Club29 = buyrates
2q00osg.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Jericho is on Observer Radio today. If there isn't a recap up by tomorrow, I'll post notes after I listen in the morning.
The interview is up already.

Jericho is on Observer Radio today. If there isn't a recap up by tomorrow, I'll post notes after I listen in the morning.
The interview is up already.

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

-Whats Up ISS!!!!
laugh.gif
Funniest quote of the promo.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- Word is that CM Punk is the one who reminded WWE creative about the segment at Unforgiven 2008 where Randy Orton and Legacy attacked him. WWE used the clip on this week’s RAW to fuel the current storyline between Orton and Punk
Wow...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's supposed to be the other way around...Creative is supposed to remind wrestlers of past storylines. *##%%+ are peons, b.
Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

I'm just going to throw this out there. Muhammad Hassan was the ONLY (yes ONLY) reason I got back into wrestling after the Attitude Era. That character was flawless until the London bombing incident.

Severely underrated
I wasn't watching wrestling at the time so I'd like someone to expand on this...

I've read here and there about Hassan and how he was pushed quickly (had a feud with Taker or somethin' like that) and was over as a heel...? Someone give me a synopsis on this dude and who would he be comparable to right now...

-Whats Up ISS!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

- Word is that CM Punk is the one who reminded WWE creative about the segment at Unforgiven 2008 where Randy Orton and Legacy attacked him. WWE used the clip on this week’s RAW to fuel the current storyline between Orton and Punk
Wow...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's supposed to be the other way around...Creative is supposed to remind wrestlers of past storylines. *##%%+ are peons, b.

I'm just going to throw this out there. Muhammad Hassan was the ONLY (yes ONLY) reason I got back into wrestling after the Attitude Era. That character was flawless until the London bombing incident.

Severely underrated
I wasn't watching wrestling at the time so I'd like someone to expand on this...

I've read here and there about Hassan and how he was pushed quickly (had a feud with Taker or somethin' like that) and was over as a heel...? Someone give me a synopsis on this dude and who would he be comparable to right now...

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

-Whats Up ISS!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wow...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Severely underrated

As far as heat goes, Hassan made Vickie Guerrero look like Tyson Kidd in the crowd reaction department.

What was especially great about the character was that it truly was the audience who decided to turn him heel.

Vignettes leading up to his debut showed Hassan in a neutral light, simply claiming his heritage and that he was excited to be a part of the WWE roster.

it was only when he first came out (and got booed) that WWE decided to go with him as a heel. Had he been cheered, it wouldve been very different.

Solid look, passable in the ring, and really someone who could have been a monster heel for years to come.

Daivari did especially well as his manager too, often shouting in arabic (although it was actually Farsi) during promos.

They were so high on him that he was supposed to go over Batista at Summerfest '05,

but the 'abduction' angle on Taker happened to air on the same day as the London car bombing and well....

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

-Whats Up ISS!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wow...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Severely underrated

As far as heat goes, Hassan made Vickie Guerrero look like Tyson Kidd in the crowd reaction department.

What was especially great about the character was that it truly was the audience who decided to turn him heel.

Vignettes leading up to his debut showed Hassan in a neutral light, simply claiming his heritage and that he was excited to be a part of the WWE roster.

it was only when he first came out (and got booed) that WWE decided to go with him as a heel. Had he been cheered, it wouldve been very different.

Solid look, passable in the ring, and really someone who could have been a monster heel for years to come.

Daivari did especially well as his manager too, often shouting in arabic (although it was actually Farsi) during promos.

They were so high on him that he was supposed to go over Batista at Summerfest '05,

but the 'abduction' angle on Taker happened to air on the same day as the London car bombing and well....

hassan was supposed to be a top heel and was to win the world title.

On the episode of SmackDown!taped on July 4, General Manager Theodore Long put Muhammad Hassan in a match against The Undertaker at The Great American Bash and placed Daivari in a match that night against the Undertaker. Daivari was defeated easily, but Hassan began to "pray" on the ramp, summoning five masked men, dressed in black shirts, ski-masks, and camo pants. Armed with clubs and a piano wire, they beat and choked the Undertaker out, and Hassan put him in the Camel Clutch. Afterward, the masked men lifted Daivari above their heads and carried him away . Three days later, hours before the episode was scheduled to air, the London bombings took place.[21]Without sufficient time to properly edit the segment out of the show, UPN showed the footage unedited in the United States and on The Score in Canada with an advisory warning shown several times during the broadcast. It was removed from the Australian and European (including in the UK) broadcasts.

]The angle elicited national attention in the New York Post, TV Guide, Variety, and other major media outlets. In response to the criticism, UPN decided that it would monitor the storyline closely and that it did not want the Hassan character on its network that week.[23]Hassan later delivered a promo to the live crowd for the July 14 airing of SmackDown!, but when UPN announced that the segment would be edited, WWE decided to host the video of the segment on its official website. In the segment, Hassan, reiterates that he is an Arab-Americanand that the American people automatically and unfairly assume that he is a terrorist. Despite being in character, he referred to the real-world media coverage of the storyline, singling out the New York Post'sDon Kaplan by name, and denouncing his description of the events on SmackDown!, such as Kaplan's comment of the masked men being "Arabs in ski masks" . On the July 14 episode of SmackDown!, Hassan's absence was explained by a statement delivered by his lawyer, which said that Hassan refused to appear on the show until that month's Great American Bash due to the way he had been treated by the media and WWE fans.

]It was revealed in late July 2005 that UPN had pressured WWE to keep Hassan off of their network, effectively removing him from SmackDown!. Copani was released from his WWE contract on September 21, 2005.

from wikipedia

hassan was supposed to be a top heel and was to win the world title.

On the episode of SmackDown!taped on July 4, General Manager Theodore Long put Muhammad Hassan in a match against The Undertaker at The Great American Bash and placed Daivari in a match that night against the Undertaker. Daivari was defeated easily, but Hassan began to "pray" on the ramp, summoning five masked men, dressed in black shirts, ski-masks, and camo pants. Armed with clubs and a piano wire, they beat and choked the Undertaker out, and Hassan put him in the Camel Clutch. Afterward, the masked men lifted Daivari above their heads and carried him away . Three days later, hours before the episode was scheduled to air, the London bombings took place.[21]Without sufficient time to properly edit the segment out of the show, UPN showed the footage unedited in the United States and on The Score in Canada with an advisory warning shown several times during the broadcast. It was removed from the Australian and European (including in the UK) broadcasts.

]The angle elicited national attention in the New York Post, TV Guide, Variety, and other major media outlets. In response to the criticism, UPN decided that it would monitor the storyline closely and that it did not want the Hassan character on its network that week.[23]Hassan later delivered a promo to the live crowd for the July 14 airing of SmackDown!, but when UPN announced that the segment would be edited, WWE decided to host the video of the segment on its official website. In the segment, Hassan, reiterates that he is an Arab-Americanand that the American people automatically and unfairly assume that he is a terrorist. Despite being in character, he referred to the real-world media coverage of the storyline, singling out the New York Post'sDon Kaplan by name, and denouncing his description of the events on SmackDown!, such as Kaplan's comment of the masked men being "Arabs in ski masks" . On the July 14 episode of SmackDown!, Hassan's absence was explained by a statement delivered by his lawyer, which said that Hassan refused to appear on the show until that month's Great American Bash due to the way he had been treated by the media and WWE fans.

]It was revealed in late July 2005 that UPN had pressured WWE to keep Hassan off of their network, effectively removing him from SmackDown!. Copani was released from his WWE contract on September 21, 2005.

from wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom