Wrestling Thread Feb 8-14 | 2/14 TNA Against All Odds - Styles vs Joe | Angle vs Anderson

Found this interesting:

[h2]WHAT YOU WILL SEE WHEN WWE NXT DEBUTS[/h2]
Since Vince McMahon announced that WWE's version of ECW will end its SyFy run in three weeks and will be replaced by the "next evolution" for WWE, fans have been wondering exactly what WWE NXT will consist of.

The word we are getting is that the series concept will be something of a "reality" based series featuring new talents who viewers will be able to follow inside and outside of the ring.  The idea is that fans will be able to follow wrestlers from day one and get personal insight into them, their background and their goals, creating a different sense of deeper insight to the performers.  

As it stands (and until the series airs, things could always change), the concept sounds similar to WWE's old MTV Tough Enough series or the UFC's Ultimate Fighter on SpikeTV with talents not only feuding with each other, but for the opportunity to become the "next" big WWE Superstar and move onto Raw and Smackdown.

WWE has been pitching different concepts for the series and formalizing plans since Fall of 2009, but right now, all signs are pointing to this concept being the nucleus of WWE NXT.

Originally Posted by The Warehouse 13

Why is Cena talking with a slight country/southern accent??

He's in Louisiana...?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
He sounded like Steven Seagal in Lawman.

I would bet it would be a street fight between Bret and Vince, or the tag match with Roidtista and Cena Seagal.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Bret "haven't wrestled since the 90's" Hart vs Vince "no blood in the WWE" McMahon really not looking forward to this match, could be an epic match if it was a street fight but in the PG era?

I'll pass
Since when has Vince been involved in an epic match though, at any point in the WWE's run?

It won't be pretty but I'm happy as long as they keep giving me segments like tonight.
laugh.gif

I'm sure it'll be a street fight considering that's the only match Vince has done in like the last 10 years or so.
laugh.gif

That wasn't a Boston accent.
Yeah I was agreeing with you...Cena's from Boston so seeing him out there trying to fit in with that fake #*$ accent is pathetic. Anything for a cheap pop, I guess.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

When does Raw replay later in the week? I have to catch it just to see Vince, you're all making him sound mad funny
laugh.gif
Just try and catch it on youtube tomorrow or the day after. Someone usually uploads the episodes by parts. Put in RAW 020810, 02 08 10, or some sort of combination with today's date.

When does Raw replay later in the week? I have to catch it just to see Vince, you're all making him sound mad funny
laugh.gif

They have AM Raw on USA late saturday nights. You could also check youtube tomorrow morning, searching for something along the lines of "raw 2 8 10"..

laugh.gif

Just wait a few hours and the whole episode will be up on Youtube.

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Bret "haven't wrestled since the 90's" Hart vs Vince "no blood in the WWE" McMahon really not looking forward to this match, could be an epic match if it was a street fight but in the PG era?

I'll pass
Since when has Vince been involved in an epic match though, at any point in the WWE's run?

It won't be pretty but I'm happy as long as they keep giving me segments like tonight.
laugh.gif

I'm sure it'll be a street fight considering that's the only match Vince has done in like the last 10 years or so.
laugh.gif
Vince's has had some great matches, not because of wrestling ability, but because of the beating he's taken, Vince/Hogan and Vince/HBK come to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/v/RhtmySJf2g8&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/RhtmySJf2g8&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/Eur5e4Z2XDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/Eur5e4Z2XDY&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Thanks for all the replies, I'll check out that live replay stream/Youtube.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

That Danielson/Kawal match was solid.
How long before they go to Raw and fall to the almighty Pedigree?

At the same time?
"Omega-Pedigree. Kills two careers with one move."

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

That Danielson/Kawal match was solid.

Agreed. Good looks DFly.

Is that Double Underhook Suplex into the Armbar Daniels did in the match his finisher?

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Yall seen this?

Bryan Danielson vs. Low Ki on FCW

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hell with matches like this, just put FCW on SyFy every Tuesday.

Raw was good again tonight. It's amazing how the product does a complete 180 January through Wrestlemania.

I feel screwed with tonight's raw.  How the hell did they NOT show Cody's swag entrance??
Forget what y'all say... I'm not buying Miz and Show.  I can't get with Miz... it's like they've tried to make dude a hybrid of Jericho and Kennedy.
Cena has done a great job of burying Legacy the last 2 weeks.  I just can't believe Omega approved a script where Cody got a victory over Orton.

And Vince = GOAT.  Nobody touches him on the mic.  And I'm so happy I finally got to hear another "SHUT UP!"

Why is Cena talking with a slight country/southern accent??
Phony Cena with a southern accent. Like we forgot he is from the New England area.
laugh.gif

Vince always had the mic skills. One of the OGs to do it, back in the SNME/ Wrestling Superstars/Challenge, even back when Vince Sr made his son do interviews with wrestlers and call matches in the 70s(WWWF)

Caught Raw this morning, was pretty good overall.Showmiz with the tag belts
pimp.gif
And no joke Vince was great
roll.gif
  Definitely wanna see how the HBK thing plays out. Actually looking forward to EC.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's RAW and am eager for next week's. Good stuff.

If somehow Jr. Could get his hands on Sr.'s. $$$ belt that would be awesome. LOL.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

I feel screwed with tonight's raw.  How the hell did they NOT show Cody's swag entrance??
Forget what y'all say... I'm not buying Miz and Show.  I can't get with Miz... it's like they've tried to make dude a hybrid of Jericho and Kennedy.
Cena has done a great job of burying Legacy the last 2 weeks.  I just can't believe Omega approved a script where Cody got a victory over Orton.

And Vince = GOAT.  Nobody touches him on the mic.  And I'm so happy I finally got to hear another "SHUT UP!"

It's too much swag for the audience to handle. I'm not surprised.

In a radio interview with Boston's Mix 104 this week, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson shed some new light on his upcoming WWE return, which is expected to take place this summer.

When asked if he plans on wrestling a match, The Rock said:

"How I would come back is a different capacity than what Hulk Hogan did or I believe Ric Flair is doing. Those guys are coming back to actually wrestle. I don't want to wrestle; I have no intention of wrestling a match."

The Rock plans on having a major impact on WWE programming and could serve as a semi-permanent RAW Guest host for the entire summer:

"I do have intention of going back and hosting the show. Hosting a show like that would give me the opportunity to get on the microphone, rip open the writing, and invite guests on to come host with me. We wanted to create something cool and big and fun for the audience."

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by DangerousG

"YOU DESERVE TO BE SCREEEWWED" *shuffles into the back*
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Vince is on another level.
Found the video on Youtube, saw the shuffle, immediately made the .gif
laugh.gif

20iaqad.gif

Back