Wrestling Thread Jan 4-10 | Missed TNA iMPACT on Monday? Replay on Spike Thurs 9pm ET

i havent watched wrestling in years....im about to watch it just for bret hart though

DVR'ing Raw so i can fast forward the usual trash. Watching TNA live and hoping for the RVD debut.

Originally Posted by JCH3

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

If bret was still there, i doubt owen would have died. If you change one thing, you change everything.
I definitely agree with this. Everything changes.

The only reason Owen was doing the Blue Blazer gimmick at the time of his death was because Vince McMahon put him in the doghouse for not participating in a Debra/Jeff Jarret/Owen love triangle. He didn't want his children to see him having an affair with another woman.

That doesn't happen if the Attitude Era never begins, and that never takes off like it did if it wasn't for Vince McMahon's super heel character.

I don't think those things are directly connected. Owen wanted to be known as a singles guy. Since they began to break kayfabe during the era there were alot of ways that you could have broke those 2 up on screen. The Attitude Era began imo the day Bret went heel.

Originally Posted by Grimey

What made Bret want to comeback and do this? Does he hate Hogan?
I think it's just been so long away from the business, 12 years. Plus, the new Hart Foundation is there, and WWE is PG now, it's to hisliking.
He's not coming back for Hogan, they had a deal in place before Hogan on TNA I think. It's just that WWE decided to have his comeback coincide withHogan's TNA debut.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

The Attitude Era began imo the day Bret went heel.
I agree. When he had the feud with Austin, and the crowd shifted in favor of Austin, that's when it began.

Bret Hart single handedly made everyone hate Canada. He made Canada serious
roll.gif
Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Watching TNA live and hoping for the RVD debut.
Didn't RVD dismiss the rumors of him being there? He said he'd be watching like the rest of us.
It's probably Kennedy that's showing up.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson turned down an offer from WWE to host an episode of Raw. Originally, WWE wanted to bring The Rock in to host next week's Raw, which is going head-to-head, for the first time, with UFC. WWE wanted to combat that competition with a strong guest host, however The Rock reportedly turned down the offer as he apparently has no interest in hosting Raw. WWE is still pushing, however, to bring The Rock into the company for a match against John Cena at WrestleMania.
laugh.gif
The Rock is too busy cashing them disney checks to comeback.

Yall Remeber her?

stacy_keibler_new_years_bikini_blowout_miami_florida_december_2009_20100103_1402103685.jpg
stacy_keibler_new_years_bikini_blowout_miami_florida_december_2009_20100103_1969973149.jpg

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

The Attitude Era began imo the day Bret went heel.
I agree. When he had the feud with Austin, and the crowd shifted in favor of Austin, that's when it began.

Bret Hart single handedly made everyone hate Canada. He made Canada serious
roll.gif
Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Watching TNA live and hoping for the RVD debut.
Didn't RVD dismiss the rumors of him being there? He said he'd be watching like the rest of us.
It's probably Kennedy that's showing up.
Yeah he says he wont be there but I can still hope. Matter of fact hoping the rumors about Paul Heyman are true too.

i caught monday night raw last week to be in shock about the hitman's return

tonight is gonna be classic!!

Bret Hart will make the ratings jump for the first week then there will be a steady decline after. People will see the crap that is the WWE and get turned off.

Monday Night Wars? Hilarious. TNA has the talent but the WWE has everything else.

Saw a pic of Scott Hall. He looks good... for Scott Hall that is.

Heres a pic of Hogan. Rumor he might be coming in as Hollywood Hogan. Black Beard/Blonde Mustache. Maybe this'll be good.
pimp.gif

1.jpg

I hope someone can save ECW before I die.

Damn you Paul Heyman for running the company into the ground....Damn you very much.

smh.gif

But yo...

Bret "The Hitman" Hart

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Glad to see Hogan is working out and active again...

This man will die before he retires...

And I can respect that.

pimp.gif

i hope bret actually hits someone tonight

anything is better than the almighty atomic leg drop of doom
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Been watching a lot of Bret's matches lately, and the critics have a point about his in ring style, but Shawn as the total package that he is, what he did during the attitude era wasn't worth losing Bret. Hindsight is 20/20 but Vince doesn't make that move if he knew what he knows now. Vince could have made it work, I really don't know why for the long term he didn't try and make it work.

It was Bret's last night at the WWF regardless of whether he won or lost. He already signed the deal to jump over to WCW. So Vince screwing him was becausehe was pissed Bret would leave the WWF to WCW.

still he shouldn't have screwed him over like that, but had Bret won it still wouldn't have made much of a difference besides in the present tense.

Back
Top Bottom