Wrestling Thread Jan 4-10 | Missed TNA iMPACT on Monday? Replay on Spike Thurs 9pm ET

3 pages, 6 hours till showtime?
eek.gif
Wrestling has caught the attention of so many people... at least for this week. Here's hoping TNA gets a 2.0 inratings tonite.
pimp.gif

Actually, Vince told Bret to go to WCW.

When Bret was first offered the 3 year/9 million Ted Turner deal, he went with Vince out of loyalty. Of course Vince couldn't make a deal like that, so heproposed a 20 year contract.
Then all of a sudden, Vince said he couldn't pay the contract, and told Bret to see if WCW's offer was still on the table.

Bret never wanted to leave the WWF.

Vince did what he did so that there was no chance that Bret would show up to Nitro with the WWF belt.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

wait, a female that likes pro wrestling, mma, and has 6k posts on nt? Not to sound like a typical nt`er but i needs pics because you are like 1 in 7 billion
I'm sure theres a few floating around here, I participate in the PYPs
pimp.gif
speaking of, I have this awesome new owl hat that's perfect for suchoccasion, if Dirty ever lets us have one again. Otherwise uh I think my MS is still unprivate. not sure, I stick to twitter
nerd.gif

Heyman didnt really run ECW into the ground. Well, yeah I guess he did, but ECW was owed a ton of money by sponsors at the time they went under. I think theywere owed like $2 Million or something by Acclaim for an ECW video game. And they were far less in debt than WCW was at the time, something like $7-8 Milcompared to WCW's $80 Mil, but Paul E. didnt have Teddy's pockets to fall back on.

Ratings predicitons?

TNA 2.3

WWE 4.8. Overrun and/or Bret Hart segments in the upper 5's.

i'll be watching this, hopefully they'll have great story lines. i'm not impressed by wwe crew.
since i don't know nothing about tna i'll be watching out for them.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

i don't see Bret making a big difference to be honest...it's been so long since he's been relevant so i don't see alot of the old fans coming back to watch Raw
i see TNA pulling maybe a 2 rating max

Wrong (at least on a personal level)! lol Okay, my friends and I (all of whom haven't watched wrestling for a good 5+ years) will be tuning into RAWtonight to see the Excellence of Execution!

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

When Bret was first offered the 3 year/9 million Ted Turner deal, he went with Vince out of loyalty. Of course Vince couldn't make a deal like that, so he proposed a 20 year contract.
Then all of a sudden, Vince said he couldn't pay the contract, and told Bret to see if WCW's offer was still on the table.

Vince did what he did so that there was no chance that Bret would show up to Nitro with the WWF belt.

I know about the first offer. In like 94-95 when Ted was picking off a bunch of WWF people,

didn't really know about Vince telling Bret to leave and the Nitro part makes sense.

i don't see Bret making a big difference to be honest...it's been so long since he's been relevant so i don't see alot of the old fans coming back to watch Raw
Think again friend, i haven't watched wrestling in years but Im gonna watch tonight to see Bret. Flipping between this and the TCU v BoiseState game

i havent been this excited for a night of Wrestling for a very long time... i will have both shows going at the same time, PiP FTW... Fiesta Bowl will begetting slept on tonight...

and ya'll with HDnet, dont sleep on ROH tonight either...

Originally Posted by rocman23

Think again friend, i haven't watched wrestling in years but Im gonna watch tonight to see Bret. Flipping between this and the TCU v Boise State game
People will tune into see Bret. Ever heard of a place called Canada?
laugh.gif

But as many Bret stans as their are there will be just about the same number of Hogan stans. The difference is the WWEs consistent viewership. (mostly theyoungsters who never heard of Bret)

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Nasty Boys have arrived at the Impact! Zone!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Source: ProWrestling.net

The following former WWE, WCW and TNA stars backstage in Orlando for the special three-hour live iMPACT!:

-Scott Hall
-Sean Waltman
-Orlando Jordan
-Val Venis
-The Nasty Boys

And as we reported earlier, both Eric Bischoff and Jason Hervey are already in the building as well.

Whether or not Jordan, Venis and The Nasty's appear on camera tonight remains to be seen. In the case of Hall and Waltman, we already know they'll beon the show in some form or fashion.

Jeremy Borash posted the following on his Twitter, teasing someone for tonight's iMPACT!… "Have to bite my tweet lip. Can't believe who justwalked into the hotel lobby. Guessing he isn't in Orlando to visit Epcot."

Also, Nick and Brooke are backstage, if it matters.
laugh.gif

In a perfect world, I wish someone would make a comment about Gail Kim to Bret, similar to the "Sunny Days" comment back in 97
laugh.gif

if only for one day the moday night wars are back
pimp.gif
its cool to seerumors flying around and excitement for wrestling again. I'm a huge Bret hart stan but i like TNA too. flipping back and forth between shows like its 97.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

When Bret was first offered the 3 year/9 million Ted Turner deal, he went with Vince out of loyalty. Of course Vince couldn't make a deal like that, so he proposed a 20 year contract.

I know about the first offer. In like 94-95 when Ted was picking off a bunch of WWF people,

didn't really know about Vince telling Bret to leave and the Nitro part makes sense.
The idea of Vince not being able to pay the contract makes no sense to me. But that was apart of going public I guess.

Man this might bring my attention back to wrestling for a short while... Brett was that dude back in the day along with my fav Stone Cold

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Originally Posted by toine2983

You know this is a big night, 4w starting the wrestling thread early.
laugh.gif

Didn't know you were a wrestling fan Nawth, your husband is a lucky man.
pimp.gif

I really hope TNA is successful on Mondays so that WWE stop putting out this garbage they do week in and week out.

Well, he's the fan. I used to watch WWF (ahem) back in the day, 98-01 or so but nothing since then. I am partial to mma (pride, k1, that sort of thing) though
pimp.gif

Yep, i have a crush on Nawth now.
laugh.gif

Dont really watch TNA ever, but its going to be an interesting night and will be watching both

New TNA logo @ tnawrestling.com

Confirmed matches for iMPACT

Matches:
--ODB vs. Tara (TNA Knockouts Title)
--Steel Asylum - X-Division
--Sarita & Taylor Wilde vs. Awesome Kong & Hamada (TNA Knockout Tag-Titles)

Spoilers:
--Scott Hall (confirmed)
--Kevin Nash (confirmed)
--Sting (confirmed)
--Angelina Love (confirmed)
--X-Pac/Sean Waltman (rumored)
--Jeff Hardy & Shannon Moore backstage.
--RVD likely not on the show tonight.
--Eric Bischoff tweets: "wrestling fans love surprises" -- "Monday night Jan. 4 should be a fun night over at TNA."
--Bubba The Love Sponge to be featured on the show in approximately four segments.

I spent new years on the couch watching HDnet
laugh.gif
Heard that shout out from mayhem to ryan loco
nerd.gif
man I remember when UFC was pay per view only and wasbasically just bar brawling. Now its like 109 or some BS. I still watch it though. Gotta root for the hometown boy Brock ya know. Now that MNF is over
frown.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

The idea of Vince not being able to pay the contract makes no sense to me. But that was apart of going public I guess.

when wcw was getting huge, the time when all that was happening, wwf was financially going down. And being that Vince wanted to make the company public, hecouldnt have any long term deals with anyone thus cutting him off. Thats actually the main reason why. Due to the company wanting to go public.

Man-o-man can't wait. Bret "The Hitman" Hart! I remember getting tickets to watch him live back in...must of been like 5th grade?

Yea Vince didn't want Bret to pull an Alundra Blaze with the world title

But I can't wait for tonight

Wrestling news sites are saying traffic is bigger than WrestleMania numbers...
eek.gif

i stopped watching wrestling after the rock and stone cold left...i dont think tna will have the same impact (no pun) the way wcw did with wwf back in theday IMO

Back
Top Bottom