Wrestling Thread Jan 4-10 | Missed TNA iMPACT on Monday? Replay on Spike Thurs 9pm ET

Originally Posted by bjm5295

I always forget Pac was a big part of the nWo...

I'm really excited to see where this all goes. TNA put on a good show. Hopefully WWE takes notice and doesnt continue to ride with 4 year old aimed skits. Bret can only draw so much.

There is a rumor going around that the company will run an angle tonight, where the 6-sided ring is destroyed, and then will be replaced by the traditional 4-sided ring. I exclusively noted several weeks ago that TNA was planning to use a 4-sided ring in the near future.

Are they taping impact tonight?
Tonight's iMPACT taping will not air until NEXT Thursday (Jan 14).

wcw's show last nite was decent. i thought there was gonna be more surprises but i guess not.

nasty boyz
sick.gif

a lil nWo reunion is always
pimp.gif

BUT at the same time, seeing all those old faces had me
smh.gif

that motorcade was OD, and he said countless times that he was in the back chillin the whole time
indifferent.gif

*****off x hogan...
eyes.gif
i am starting to hate these guys with a passion.
There is a rumor going around that the company will run an angle tonight, where the 6-sided ring is destroyed, and then will be replaced by the traditional 4-sided ring. I exclusively noted several weeks ago that TNA was planning to use a 4-sided ring in the near future.

does this not piss anyone else off? and really just because hogan and *****off say so?
mad.gif

tired.gif

as for RAW, Bret Hart looked uncomfortable the whole time and to me the segments were akward.

oh and when it comes to DX, i guess i'm one of "the few" that actually enjoy them.
as long as hhh aint in the world title scene, im fine with all this DX comedy stuff. the DX leprechaun is hilarious .
the segment last nite had me
roll.gif

hhh: "he's an innocent little boy"
leprechaun: "
smile.gif
"
hbk: "he has a beard!!"

i lol'd

I did
laugh.gif
when HHH said "Leprechauns are born with beards."

I been made it clear a long time ago here that I'm a DX/HBK/HHH mark, grew up as one and always will be.
Glad there's more people coming out
laugh.gif
, used to just be me andMo
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I did
laugh.gif

I been made it clear a long time ago here that I'm a DX/HBK/HHH mark, grew up as one and always will be.
laugh.gif
, used to just be me and Mo
roll.gif

Word. You know I was jumping up and down when I realized all five members of the Kliq were on Monday Night.
laugh.gif

I did
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
, used to just be me and Mo
roll.gif
add me to that list. I'm a part of the army. lol.

The early word is that TNA Impact drew a 1.5 rating for the full three-hour edition of Monday's show.

Powell's POV: We don't have the hourly numbers or quarter-hours, but hopefully that information will be available shortly. This is a great number for TNA considering that the average edition of Impact draws somewhere between a 0.9 on the low end and a 1.3 on the high end.

Source: Prowrestling.net

Hmm if its a 1.5, i bet the last 2 hours were higher than that and the first hour was lower. i know I didnt watch the first hour as I was busy.

I wonder what raw got as well.

1.5 is good

i think the highest rating it can get is on a monday, to sway some of the raw fans to switch over

they wont get high ratings if people know the results if the show was taped as it is on thursdays

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

The early word is that TNA Impact drew a 1.5 rating for the full three-hour edition of Monday's show.

Powell's POV: We don't have the hourly numbers or quarter-hours, but hopefully that information will be available shortly. This is a great number for TNA considering that the average edition of Impact draws somewhere between a 0.9 on the low end and a 1.3 on the high end.

Source: Prowrestling.net

I heard on Pwtorch's radio show that Raw's ratings was in the 3's.

Hopefully this will help TNA get another 2 hours of TV time a week.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Hmm if its a 1.5, i bet the last 2 hours were higher than that and the first hour was lower. i know I didnt watch the first hour as I was busy.

I wonder what raw got as well.
They said the highest rated segment on Impact was the NWO reunion at the top of the 2nd hour

Some news and notes because DSK is M.I.A. word to Scott Hall...
I let the bad guy out of me and got %!+@+%+ banned again. I went the entire '09 with no problems and now it's back to this #%@*.
smh.gif
Oversome bull #%@* too (when is it not?)...e-snitching FTL.

I got y'all with N&N and my thoughts on last night sometime after midnight.

One thing before I bounce tho'...

The Real Reason Jeff Hardy Signed With TNA Wrestling
After a shocking appearance by Jeff Hardy at Monday's TNA iMPACT! tapings, WrestlingINC.com has confirmed that the former WWE Champion has signed a contract with TNA Wrestling. Here are some of the key details to this story:
- Jeff Hardy is now a full-time member of the TNA roster and will be working a regular television and PPV schedule.

- The main reason Jeff Hardy jumped to TNA is the work schedule and is at the point where he doesn't want to deal with the grueling WWE travel schedule. In TNA, he can still remain a top star in the industry and make great money while working and traveling far less.

-- On iMPACT!, we saw Jeff Hardy attack X-Division star Homicide. A feud between the two appears to be in the works. "Anything could change and I could do something else or Jeff could do something else at the TV tapings on Tuesday, and I think it would be a great match-up of Jeff Hardy vs. Homicide. I'm really hoping it will happen," Homicide said on the "Right After Wrestling" radio program on SIRIUS channel 98.

-- Jeff Hardy was in meetings with Hulk Hogan and Dixie Carter throughout the day on Monday ironing out the terms of his agreement. Its believed that nothing was locked up until Jeff's visit to Orlando on Monday.

-- Hardy's drug charges from September 11 are still pending. He will be back in court on January 27 for probable cause hearing to determine whether there is enough evidence to take Hardy's case to the next level.

I was as shocked as everyone that Hardy actually got involved at last night's show (I had read he was only gonna show up on camera as a fanwith his boy Shannon)...but after reading the reports today, it made more sense.

Hardy got his 3rd Wellness Strike two weeks before his last match vs. CM Punk. It was kept quiet the entiretime since the 'E figured he was leaving anyway and wanted to finish out his program with Punk their way.

Monday's edition of WWE Raw featuring Bret Hart's return averaged 5.60 million viewers, which was the largest viewing audience since the Raw after Summerslam on August 24.

The show drew a very strong rating among males 18-49, drawing a 3.37 rating in the key demo. That was the highest rating since the commercial-free Raw on June 22 averaged a 3.71 rating.

The last time Raw drew a male 18-49 demo rating higher than the commercial-free show was the Raw after WrestleMania 26.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

Monday's edition of WWE Raw featuring Bret Hart's return averaged 5.60 million viewers, which was the largest viewing audience since the Raw after Summerslam on August 24.

The show drew a very strong rating among males 18-49, drawing a 3.37 rating in the key demo. That was the highest rating since the commercial-free Raw on June 22 averaged a 3.71 rating.

The last time Raw drew a male 18-49 demo rating higher than the commercial-free show was the Raw after WrestleMania 26.

Whoa. That is a huge number.
BTW i'm bummed they didn't end up having abyss vs. rhyno in the barbed wire match.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

BTW i'm bummed they didn't end up having abyss vs. rhyno in the barbed wire match.
Word, I was like, "What the **** is this?" when I saw Abyss against Joe.

I guess TNA may have done better then we previously thought..

MORE ON TNA IMPACT SPECIAL RATING, HOW VIEWERSHIP COMPARED TO RAW

By Mike Johnson on 2010-01-05 19:18:47

Multichannel News reported that while TNA set a viewing record with 2.2 million viewers for last night's Impact special, World WrestlingEntertainment's Monday Night Raw featured a viewership of 5.5 million viewers.

The article noted that the first hour of Impact was viewed by 2.5 million viewers. Last night's special was the highest rated Impact ever, surpassing anApril 2008 episode that drew 1.9 million viewers.

Last night's edition of TNA Impact drew a 1.50 rating and averaged 2.20 million viewers over the course of three hours to be TNA's most-watched Impactepisode ever.

Impact peaked with 2.90 million viewers for the 9:00 to 9:15 p.m. EST quarter-hour with Hulk Hogan's debut opposite WWE Raw opening with Bret Hart andShawn Michaels.

TNA's previous high rating was a 1.33 rating and 1.97 million viewers on the April 2 Impact prior to WWE's WrestleMania weekend.

BTW # of viewers don't = rating. It still probably averaged to a 1.5 I believe.

This "war" wont last, until Impact is Live every week their ratings will not show up. Why watch a show when you read the spoilers 2 weeks in advance,

IMO, TNA was a better show than Raw last night.

Seeing Bret Hart is great, but it was the same exact Raw as the past month or so. I mean how many times are they gonna claim Jericho's off Raw for them toface DX? It was probably the last time last night, but they've fought on Raw for the past 4 weeks I'm pretty sure. Kofi/Orton has gotten old too,especially since Kofi just can't get a win. And there was no reason bringing Evan +#%%*#! Bourne out there to face Sheamus when everyone knows he has nochance. They should have given Sheamus a better opponent for such a big night. There was just nothing great about the show except for HBK/Hart in the ring. Idid think HBK was gonna hit him with the Sweet Chin Music when he stopped while leaving the ring. The McMahon/Hart confrontation wasn't good, it wascompletely and totally predictable. What isn't predictable is what match will come out of this though. McMahon/Hart would suck in a match at WM. What Iwouldn't mind seeing is a HHH/McMahon vs. HBK/Hart tag match mentioned a few pages back. That could be good. I wish they would have mentioned HHH'sinvolvement or how Hart dislikes him too though.

While TNA didn't give a lot of wrestling, at least the wrestling was good. The Angle/Style match was a great match given time between the two bestwrestlers today. The Steel Asylum shouldn't have been No Contest and could have had Homocide winning and then Hardy coming out to beat him down. Wolfe/Popewas good even though it was short, they put on a good match with lots of counters for a few minutes just to show the wrestling that happens in TNA. Even SamoaJoe/Abyss was decent. All the talking had to happen too. I mean they couldn't have all these new guys just here, they had to explain it. Hogan putting downthe nWo sounded good until the end of the episode with them beating down Mick Foley and him coming in, but who knows what will happen there. Flair seemedpointless other than to be a surprise. I guess the surprises were made to open everyone's eyes and get them to tune in on Thursday's to see what theseguys will do. It's pretty obvious to me that the nWo were the ones beating everyone down the entire night. I don't know exactly where that'sheading, but what they were saying about everyone needing to fight for there jobs is true, because right now they have way too many guys and at this time theyhave no time to do anything with them.

[table][tr][td] [h1]
smh.gif

[/h1] [h1]
[/h1] [h1]Bubba The Love Sponge Says He's Likely Done With TNA & Doubts He'll Be At Tonight's Tapings, Full Details On Ticket Controversy[/h1] [table][tr][td]
To follow up on the news I sent earlier, on his radio show today Bubba the Love Sponge talked about the fiasco at last night's TNA Impact involving him and the passes TNA gave him to give to his fans. He is not happy at all.

- To clear it up (because even I didn't fully understand it) TNA gave Bubba about 1000 tickets to give away to his audience.

-Bubba said that the people from Universal Studios where TNA is filmed told the fans the passes Bubba gave them were not real, even though they were given to him by TNA. As a result, a ton of fans were turned away and sent to watch the event at the Hard Rock Cafe.

- He said that during the "viewing party" at the Hard Rock, where the fans he gave passes to were sent after they were turned away, someone purportedly from either TNA or Universal got on stage and completely buried him.

- Also, after the show, AJ Styles appeared at the Hard Rock and also buried Bubba.

- When Bubba appeared personally at the Hard Rock to address the fans that were turned away, he said he was booed and spat on and had things thrown at him by angry fans.

- Bubba said that after the show last night he refused to return text messages or take calls from Hulk Hogan or Dixie Carter.

- Bubba said he is supposed to go to the taping tonight but he probably won't go and he said he is "probably done" with TNA, and that they will do fine without him.

- Bubba said he thought the product TNA put on last night was good, and that they are well on their way to turning things around but he just wasn't happy with how he or his fans were treated.

-I nterestingly, Bubba said that TNA bussed in a lot of high school kids (apparently they were the ones wearing the yellow shirts), and that the crowd was not hot because they were too young to know guys like Scott Hall, or Ric Flair. Personally, I thought the crowd came off as pretty hot on television.

- A caller called in and said she received e-mails from TNA prior to last night's show confirming that the passes she received from Bubba were in fact real.

- Another caller said that they allowed people in with passes from Universal Studios that were not originally there to see TNA before they allowed people in with actual TNA passes. It seems like TNA, Hulk Hogan, and Dixie Carter really dropped the ball on this whole thing and Bubba was just trying to help out TNA and Hogan, and ended up looking bad and getting buried for it. Whatever the case may be, it's pretty clear TNA needs to fix some of their organizational issues if they are really going to compete with WWE.
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom