Wrestling Thread Jul 2-8 | 7/5 TNA Impact LIVE 8p et- Destination X Go Home Show, More CLAIRE LYNCH

20120629_LARGE_raw_brock_HHH_C.jpg

The big question this week is.....

HOW MANY DISTRACTION FINISHES WILL BE ON TONIGHT'S SHOW?!?!??

Actually, the big question is... Will Brock Lesnar accept HHH's challenge for a FIGHT at Summerslam?  WWE is advertising that Brock Lesnar will give his decision on tonight's show, though WWE has been very careful to not actually say that Brock will be there to announce that decision.  Given Brock's extremely limited schedule, I would be shocked if they wasted an appearance tonight, especially since he will be on the 1000th episode of Raw in just a few weeks.  My guess is that Paul Heyman comes out and once again reject's HHH's challenge, furthering the build until Brock himself finally accepts down the line.

The build for this match has been extremely weak so far.  It has been based around a broken arm injury that HHH's has no sold to the point of it being comical.  From there, the main focus of the storyline has been around lawsuits and contract demands, things that are not intriguing, especially to the common fan.  Add on top of that that WWE and HHH have gone out of their way to portray Lesnar as a loser, a quitter, and baby... not exactly a persona that headlining WrestleMania 29 will help to make it the biggest show in history.  At this point, I am fully convinced that HHH will beat Lesnar clean at Summerslam.  Then when fans don't buy into Lesnar having a chance at The Undertaker's streak, Vince will blame it on Lesnar not being able to draw (after having two clean losses).

The quickest and easiest way to get some heat on this program is with both Lesnar and Shawn Michaels being at the 1000th Raw, have Lesnar break HBK's arm with the kimura.  Then, HHH can get revenge for his best friend (further solidifying my prediction that HHH will defeat Lesnar at Summerslam).

Nothing else has been announced for Raw tonight.  What we can expect...

• The next step of the Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, AJ love saga.  AJ has been made the special guest referee for Punk and Bryan's match at Money in the Bank.  Kane seems to be finished with this program, thankfully.  I expect AJ to turn on Punk, making him look like an incredibly stupid babyface, and helping Bryan win the title.
  • Teddy Long is the special guest GM of Raw and Smackdown this week.
  • Probably a multi-man match between Cena, Jericho, Kane, and Big Show to build what should be their epic (bad) Money in the Bank match in two weeks.
  • Heath Slater losing to another past star.  It is rumored to be Diamond Dallas Page this week.

Tomorrow night is a live Smackdown at 8pm et, and it is being billed as The Great American Bash.  There will be four Smackdown MITB qualifying matches.  There will also be a Khali/Layla v Cesaro/Aksana match.

TNA Impact will also be live on Thursday as the go home show for Destination X this Sunday night.

Hopefully tonight's Raw is better than the ones the past few weeks.

Couldn't possibly be any worse right?

A few of the bigger news items from the past week in quick hitting form....
  • Maxine quit WWE after being frustrated with her career development.
  • Angelina Love was released from TNA after the two reached a mutual agreement.
  • WWE has approached Bruno Sammartino about headlining the 2013 Hall of Fame Class.  Bruno has previously shot down their offers.
  • The WWE Over the Limit PPV did surprisingly well with 171,000 buys (123k domestic, 48k worldwide).  This is up from 2011 which did 145,000 buys (72k domestic).  However, worldwide buys were down 34% from last year.  With the success of the PPV, we may see John Laurinaitis back on TV sooner rather than later.
  • WWE will begin a new weekly show on the Ion Network this fall called WWE Main Event.  It will be very similar to Superstars.
  • The outlook on the WWE Network is becoming more grim, as they are focusing on making this a subscription based channel similar to HBO.  WWE is playing with the idea of airing all PPV's other than WrestleMania on the Network.  It is now looking that the Network will not launch in 2012.
  • Rey Mysterio will be back on TV imminently, possibly as soon as tonight.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Hopefully tonight's Raw is better than the ones the past few weeks.

Couldn't possibly be any worse right?

Don't say that.....

Even though GHIMS says there will only be 4 people in the WWE MITB match i'm optimistic in seeing Mysterio added to it for more high flying spots since they have 2 big men that can catch the high spots without Mysterio having a high chance of re injury.

And I remember reading that WWE wants to push Mysterio so putting him into the MITB makes sense to me.

Originally Posted by TannerVon

Im late...why is there DDP TALK?!?!<>

The past few weeks they've been bringing back legends to job Heath Slater in preparation for the 1,000th episode of RAW.  If it is in fact DDP, I'm excited to see him - met him in Miami before WM28 - he's super skinny now but I'm sure he's got a few diamond cutters left in him after all of the Yoga he's been doing.

I'll be glad when Rey Mysterio comes back I think he's got one good year left in him. I wanna see a build between him and Sin Cara for WM29.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dont follow wrestling anymore just came in to post Kane was the greatest wrestler of all-time
and him and X-pac were the greatest tag team since Jordan and Pippen
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Hanacheezy

dont follow wrestling anymore just came in to post Kane was the greatest wrestler of all-time
pimp.gif

f801504f64f9614134b3f8db421c6eee95f56cd.gif

I'm just hoping it's better than last week...start setting up some interesting storylines and meaning behind the matches for MITB, and DO SOMETHING MAJOR with Brock and HHH

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I'm just hoping it's better than last week...start setting up some interesting storylines and meaning behind the matches for MITB, and DO SOMETHING MAJOR with Brock and HHH

Agreed, I'm going to MITB so they've only got two more RAW episodes to gear up.  The card so far is pretty disappointing. Lesnar's response tonight should be interesting.  Hoping they put a nice little stipulation to the Summerslam match.

Originally Posted by oinker34

Agreed, I'm going to MITB so they've only got two more RAW episodes to gear up.  The card so far is pretty disappointing. Lesnar's response tonight should be interesting.  Hoping they put a nice little stipulation to the Summerslam match.
Sledgehammer on a pole match part 2!!! Book it @CrankyVince
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Originally Posted by oinker34

Sledgehammer on a pole match part 2!!! Book it @CrankyVince
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Yes, turn this "entertainment" match around! I'll be at Summerslam too
devil.gif
 #HeymanHustle

im toying around with the idea of having some sort of in-board Obscure Wrestling Trivia game at NTSlam (to be held the same night as Summerslam)

four teams of 2 will compete in a "fatal fourway" match and will be asked questions that need to be answered within a specific amount of time.

with the winner being crowned NTWT Tag team champions as well as $20.00 to the charity of their choice (or 10.00 to two individual charities.)

again im still toying with the rules and whatnot. im just laying it all out there right now however.

So if you want to grab a partner in the coming weeks, let me know.

I told NTSlam was going be an interactive event this year, so lets make it happen

(as mentioned before, if you hold a championship already, you're ineligible for participation)

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

Originally Posted by Hanacheezy

pimp.gif

f801504f64f9614134b3f8db421c6eee95f56cd.gif
Daaaayyyyyuuuuuuuuuum
roll.gif

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

im toying around with the idea of having some sort of in-board Obscure Wrestling Trivia game at NTSlam (to be held the same night as Summerslam)

four teams of 2 will compete in a "fatal fourway" match and will be asked questions that need to be answered within a specific amount of time.

with the winner being crowned NTWT Tag team champions as well as $20.00 to the charity of their choice (or 10.00 to two individual charities.)

again im still toying with the rules and whatnot. im just laying it all out there right now however.

So if you want to grab a partner in the coming weeks, let me know.

I told NTSlam was going be an interactive event this year, so lets make it happen

(as mentioned before, if you hold a championship already, you're ineligible for participation)

Sounds like a cool idea..I'm always down for some trivia..

Another Change to the WWE Title Money in the Bank Ladder Match?

WWE announced last week that only former WWE Champions will be allowed to compete in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a title shot at the WWE Title. John Cena, Big Show, Kane and Chris Jericho were announced for the match and WWE gave the impression that just those 4 Superstars would be participating in the match.

WWE is now teasing that more former WWE Champions may be added to the match and we may find out more names on tonight’s RAW Supershow. They wrote:

“It was mandated last week that the WWE Title Contract Money in the Bank Ladder Match will only feature Superstars who have previously hoisted the WWE Championship itself. Thus far, John Cena, Big Show, Chris Jericho and Kane are the only competitors announced for the contest, but we’d be surprised if a former champion or two didn’t rear his head from an unexpected location and throw his hat (so to speak) into the mix.

Back
Top Bottom