Wrestling Thread July 15 - Aug 4 | 8/2 TNA - Where MMA Fighters Not Named Brock Go - TITO, Rampage,

tumblr_mq3paaCsB81snjiv2o8_250.gif

tumblr_mq3itjxv4H1qmkvlwo1_500.jpg

#Pray4Suni

Last edited:
- According to F4WOnline.com, the word coming from backstage in WWE is that the current plan for the John Cena vs Daniel Bryan match at SummerSlam is to have Bryan defeat Cena, and then have Randy Orton cash in Money in the Bank, take the title from Bryan, and finally make the heel turn that he has been rumored to be making for quite sometime now.

With WWE.com reporting that Orton was "injured" at the Smackdown taping this week, it's possible that WWE could hype that injury angle on Raw this week, to keep Orton off TV for awhile, making his cash-in that much more of a surprise at SummerSlam.

Another factor leading many to believe that Orton will cash in at Money at the Bank is there is currently no scheduled rematch between Cena and Bryan set for Night of Champions this year.

- The Undertaker will not be appearing at SummerSlam this year due to a shoulder injury, and it appears at this time as if his usual pre-WrestleMania return will be more likely for him.

- While it seems unlikely that Steve Austin will ever return to WWE for a final match, WWE remains hopeful that he will receive medical clearance at some point, and if he's interested, the company would want him for WrestleMania 30. An idea has been pitched that would see Austin vs Triple H at the big PPV, and the bout would be for control of WWE. Austin would represent Vince McMahon in the match.

- 2 rumored matches for Summer Slam are Kane vs. Bray Wyatt & The Shield vs. Mark Henry and The Usos.

- Batista has been in talks with Triple H regarding a possible return to WWE, and it would likely be a short term deal, similar to Chris Jericho.

F4WOnline.com is reporting that Batista currently tied up until 2014, so if he did indeed return to WWE, it would likely be at the beginning of next year, to possibly build towards a WrestleMania 30 match.

- We noted how the recent Sami Zayn vs. Antonio Cesaro 2 of 3 Falls Match at the NXT TV tapings received “match of the year” chants from fans in attendance. People in production who saw the footage of the match as it was being put together for TV said it’s a must-see match from a TV standpoint.

- We’ve noted how there have been issues with talents, office workers and vendors getting paid late by TNA. One source has confirmed reports of Hulk Hogan being paid late at one point. The pay issues have not affected every single person in the company but many were affected.

- Many talents in TNA are not happy about what’s going on and some have sent feelers to WWE officials through friends.

- WWE had Xavier Woods as one of the people speaking to media at the Performance Center last week. Besides how well spoken Woods is, WWE officials are high on him because he has a PHD. Woods graduated from Furman University while wrestling for TNA and later got his Masters. He’s currently working on his dissertation while training in WWE developmental. Even though Woods would be an independent contractor and not an employee, WWE has allowed him to be part of a tuition reimbursement program, which helps out a lot given developmental talents don’t make much money.

- As noted, Big Show will be returning on Monday’s RAW. Show was reportedly out with a knee injury and was still limping backstage at Money in the Bank over the weekend. Show has dropped some weight and is looking to drop more weight. Show is booked on an upcoming WWE tour as a heel against Randy Orton.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Austin in Vince's corner? :nerd:

:smh: at the thought of having D-Bry win and lose right away to Orton. I understand they want to get Orton over as a top heel, but (like beating a dead horse), let that boy cook. D-Bry should have a decent run and have Orton cash in when it's really unexpected.

THIS. Orton goes for an RKO and D Bryan counters it into a yes lock and boom.....TAP!

Crowd would be cause pandemonium :lol: :pimp: . In that Henry interview posted above ^, Mark backs D-Bry as one of the tops in the company right now. Says how Vince doesn't like the smaller guys but soon has to realize/come to terms with D-Bry being "that little guy".

*Prays Orton has heat on him again by the time SS comes*

Seriously, they'd be stupid to not have him hold the title for a lengthy run right now.

Last edited:
Austin in Vince's corner? :nerd:

:smh: at the thought of having D-Bry win and lose right away to Orton. I understand they want to get Orton over as a top heel, but (like beating a dead horse), let that boy cook. D-Bry should have a decent run and have Orton cash in when it's really unexpected.

Would suck if that does happen. But, if they do pull it off it might still work if they play it right. I mean, Bryan as the title chasing babyface would definitely work. Again, they must play their cards right to pull that one off though.

When he does get the title, I agree that they should leave it on him longer. Hell, if the rumors of Punk winning RR is true then let them main event Mania too :smokin

It just baffles me that Vince can't see how bad the fans want DBry with the title..The dude is in the top 3 performers inside the ring and probably top 5 on mic..Now how is that not a money making combination..Plus you know dude is selling merch cause you see his shirts everywhere during Raw..(Wearing my Yes!x3 shirt right now)..

Said it before and i'll say it again..WWE will not get back to wrestling and an edgier product until Vince is either forced to step down or passes away..Hate on Trips all you want, but at least the dude wants to take things back to the old school ways..

This.

Then let Orton go ape-**** after tapping out for the 2nd time, and punt D-Bry into Bolivion cementing his heel turn.

Yeah man.

psycho Orton was :smokin

It just baffles me that Vince can't see how bad the fans want DBry with the title..The dude is in the top 3 performers inside the ring and probably top 5 on mic..Now how is that not a money making combination..Plus you know dude is selling merch cause you see his shirts everywhere during Raw..(Wearing my Yes!x3 shirt right now)..

Said it before and i'll say it again..WWE will not get back to wrestling and an edgier product until Vince is either forced to step down or passes away..Hate on Trips all you want, but at least the dude wants to take things back to the old school ways..

100% agree with all this.

Live fans (for the most part) want Bryan, but he has proven that he is not a big ratings draw.  Though Randy Orton hasn't drawn strong ratings recently either.

Last edited:
Raw on 7/15 did a 3.05 rating and 4.11 million viewers. The number was very slightly down from the prior week, even coming a day after a PPV and with a hot show. But it was good showing considering it went head-to-head with the Home Run Derby (4.78 rating; 6.65 million viewers).

The show did a 1.9 in Male teens (down 14%), 2.5 in Males 18-49 (even with last week and that surprises me because you would figure baseball would hurt them with the adult males more than teens), 1.1 with Female teens (down 8%) and 1.1 with Women 18-49 (identical to the previous week). The audience was 67.2% male.

Raw ended up in fourth place for the night on cable.

In the segment-by-segment:
  • The show open with Brad Maddox, John Cena and Randy Orton did a 2.99 quarter.
  • Randy Orton vs. Fandango lost 85,000 viewers.
  • The Mark Henry interview where The Shield laid him out gained 78,000 viewers.
  • Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler gained 273,000 people at 9 p.m. peaking at 3.19.
  • The Bray Wyatt interview, Performance Center vignette and Zeb Colter interview lost 209,000 viewers.
  • Usos vs. Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro and Christian vs. Damien Sandow lost 253,000 viewers.
  • Brie Bella vs. Naomi gained 265,000 viewers. That’s a surprise.
  • One of the two big segments was the C.M. Punk, Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar angle which gained 498,000 viewers to a 3.41 quarter at 10 p.m.
  • Backstage stuff with Cena & Khali and Maddox & HHH & Stephanie lost 497,000 viewers.
  • Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho lost 172,000 viewers.
  • John Cena picking Daniel Bryan as his SummerSlam opponent was the other big segment, gaining 669,000 viewers, one of the best segments of the summer, with a 3.41 overrun.
The question on who Cena would pick seemingly mattered far more to male viewers than females. The big overrun gains were 2.1 to 2.5 with Male teens and 2.4 to 3.0 with Males 18-49. Girl teens fell from 1.1 to 0.9 at the same time, while Women 18-49 stayed even at 1.2

Reminder that TNA Destination X is live tonight at 9pm ET on Spike.

- TNA will unveil a new X Division Championship title belt on tonight’s special Impact episode. Dixie Carter noted on Twitter that she would provide a sneak peek of the new belt prior to the show.

same can be said for Ziggler.

Back
Top Bottom