Wrestling Thread July 15 - Aug 4 | 8/2 TNA - Where MMA Fighters Not Named Brock Go - TITO, Rampage,

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o1_250.gif

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o2_250.gif

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o3_250.gif

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o4_250.gif

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o5_250.gif

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o6_250.gif

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o7_250.gif

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o8_250.gif

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o9_250.gif

tumblr_mqiuc6vzBt1rt4wx0o10_250.gif

ummm... is this real life?...

Anyone have ANY idea when the next 15 or 25% off on WWEshop drops? Want to cop a DB beard shirt for Raw in Anaheim.

Suni, AGTheKid and Naija you guys going?

I'm going to ask a question that might piss off certain ppl.  If WWE or WWF is comletely planned or not real.. how do they draw so much audience to attend the show?

I grew up in Asia so we didn't have such of thing like WWF. Got to the State and saw my classmate all over these I couldn't understand why.  Can someone in here enlighten my world?  Real honest question.

Now they realize that giving Axel getting cheap wins won't get him over as a credible heel.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Nattie.
devil.gif

I miss curly haired Layla.

I'm going to ask a question that might piss off certain ppl.  If WWE or WWF is comletely planned or not real.. how do they draw so much audience to attend the show?

I grew up in Asia so we didn't have such of thing like WWF. Got to the State and saw my classmate all over these I couldn't understand why.  Can someone in here enlighten my world?  Real honest question.
What part of Asia are you from?  I'm pretty sure EVERY Asian culture has some sort of theater in it.  For example, Japan has Kabuki Theater, China has Shadow Play, India has Sanskrit Theater, etc.  People went to those theaters for entertainment.  WWE is no different.  Even though it's scripted, the outcome isn't supposed to be well-known.  Not to mention, most kids still think it's real...

Last edited:

What part of Asia are you from?  I'm pretty sure EVERY Asian culture has some sort of theater in it.  For example, Japan has Kabuki Theater, China has Shadow Play, India has Sanskrit Theater, etc.  People went to those theaters for entertainment.  WWE is no different.  Even though it's scripted, the outcome isn't supposed to be well-known.  Not to mention, most kids still think it's real...
erhqns.jpg

ahh.. i guess it's culture thing. Make sense now. Thanks mang!

Christian vs Del Rio Zzzzzzz

I will use that match as my bathroom break

I agree. The triple threat match at smackdown tonight was pretty entertaining, but Christian is just too stale and boring. His bouncing on the turnbuckle is also was too suspect for me.

Christian vs. Del Rio? ehhhhh

I should be happy that they're giving him some kind of push but he just in a funk right now and the crowd does not give a **** about him. This would have been the time to give RVD the title shot. He's motivated and consistently getting big reactions.

Last edited:

why do you watch movies or tv shows when its completely planned and not real?

its just another form of entertainment.

different strokes for different folks

I hate how Randall changed his pose from this:

to this:

Dude just throws his arms up and acts like a big gust of wind is hitting him

[h1]Don't Sleep on Total Divas: Why the New Show May Be a WWE Fan's Dream Come True[/h1]

[h3]By [/h3]
Jonathan Snowden
(Lead Writer) on July 25, 2013
27,961 reads

Share Tweet

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext

TotalDivas_crop_north.jpg
Photo courtesy of WWE

On the surface, Total Divas is just another reality show. A group of women, including Nikki and Brie Bella, will live, love and work together as a team to achieve their dreams. There will be arguments, romance and probably even a scrap or two. Along the way, we'll learn things aren't always what they seem and that there's a vixen waiting to emerge from every good girl and a heart of gold beneath even the harshest facades.

But Total Divas will offer more than standard template reality television. Wrestling fans, even those who would never be caught dead watching Project Runway or a single show about housewives, no matter the locale, will likely be transfixed by Total Divas. It offers something not found on any other wrestling show out there, not even Raw or SmackDown—a glimpse behind the curtain.

"We're not scripted," Brie Bella told Bleacher Report. "You totally come into our lives. We're an open book. Whatever happens, the cameras are on and we just let go. Raw and SmackDown are scripted shows and we're characters. I think that's one thing that's going to be really cool. You know our characters from Raw, but you'll get to see who are in real life on Total Divas."

Her sister Nikki says fans might be a little surprised by what they see.

The Bellas in action

"On WWE, we're bad girls. We bully people. We're vicious. In our lives, Brie and I are sweethearts. We are friends with all the girls backstage. The WWE version is a character. We're sweet girls with big hearts," she said. But it wasn't all, however, hugs, laughs and smiles. Things got intense, cameras rolling the whole time.

"There were a few times I wanted to shove the cameras away and say 'Don't get that,'" Nikki continued. "Then I'd remember, 'This is what I signed up for.' There are moments you go through in your life that you don't want the world to see. But the cameras are there and they capture that. That's what makes it real and shows that we're real people."

Reality television, in many ways, is a perfect fit for both WWE performers and fans. Like reality TV, there's a thin line between truth and fiction in the wacky world of the WWE. Yes, the action in the ring is predetermined, a hard-hitting acrobatic ballet of violence. But that doesn't mean the competition isn't intense. It's just taking place behind the scenes, where the grappling tends to be for influence, power and money rather than pinfalls and submissions.

"This is a competitive business," Brie said. "We have to embrace that and be competitive. You have to fight for your spot and prove to everyone why you deserve it. You do see some of that because there is some of that."

"You come to work and you have someone that might be getting more TV time than you, but you say 'This is their time and my time is going to happen.' Of course, not everyone is like that and you do have situations with people," Nikki said. "For the most part here at WWE, we're family. We're with each other so much that we literally become brothers and sisters and best friends. When you have brothers and sisters, do you get pissed at times? Of course. But you make up and the show must go on."

This shadowy behind-the-scenes world fascinates wrestling fans. There are glimpses of it in wrestling newsletters and the occasional documentary, like Beyond the Mat. Fans follow every whispered rumor, analyzing and breaking down a single line in the Wrestling Observer with the attention to detail normally reserved for a Zapruder film.

No one ever knows for sure what's real and what's a clever attempt to push the storyline du jour. It makes being a wrestling fan both a challenge and an awful lot of fun. We invent personalities for many of our favorite wrestlers. They become proxies for who we want them to be, avatars for our hopes and dreams.

No more.

In Total Divas, not only will we see the women of the WWE behind the scenes and in real-life situations, but we'll also meet their romantic partners. For Nikki and Brie Bella, those gentlemen happen to be John Cena and Daniel Bryan, respectively. That's right—you'll be up close and personal with both the WWE champion and his SummerSlam challenger on this show. 

"You will see both John and Bryan on the show. You'll get to see the guys a lot," Brie said. "You will see what we are like in relationships, both from John and Bryan's point of view and our point of view...You'll see how real our relationships are, the struggles we go through just like everyone else."

"You'll get to see what we do on our off days," Nikki revealed. "I think our fans will love that. It's people's real lives, relationships. Most girls on the show are in relationships and you'll get to see that. Passion. Emotion. You have drama with family. You may think we have these perfect lives, but we have the same problems everyone does. You'll learn things you didn't know about us."

While the show began shooting after WrestleMania and is backward rather than forward looking, it will surely add a new dimension to all the angles the stars of the show are involved in. It won't be a promotional tool for SummerSlam, but it will allow fans a deeper understanding of the shows they've been enjoying this spring and summer.

"The cool thing is, for fans of the WWE Universe, you'll get a backstage look into the things we've been doing," Brie said. "You'll see us doing our pre-tapes and creating our characters. You'll see things you remember from Raw and say, 'Oh my gosh, I remember watching that. It's cool to see what happened before they walked out that curtain.'"

We had one in the Philippines way back in the late 80's.

Last edited:
- For what it’s worth, one person in WWE noted that the company has pulled all advertising for The Rock’s “Hero” reality show and perhaps coincidentally, had The Wyatt Family cut promos where they repeatedly mentioned there were no more heroes. In fact, the term “heroes” has been buried on WWE TV for three straight weeks. This could all be much ado about nothing though.

- Regarding Curtis Axel attacking Daniel Bryan at Money in the Bank, despite previous reports, the two were going to face each other on the July 15th RAW. John Cena would have then made his SummerSlam decision on the July 22nd RAW, the contract signing and Gauntlet Match would have taken place on the July 29th show, August 5th would have been the Tables Match with Ryback and Cena, then the August 12th show would have been the final RAW before SummerSlam. Basically they just bumped Bryan vs. Axel and moved everything else forward one week.

- As reportedfor weeks, there was some backstage heat on The Shield but their Money in the Bank pre-show match against The Usos was so good that whatever heat they had was pretty much gone after that match.

As previously reported, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns were the two that officials were upset with. People within WWE believe the heat was over something petty. One source believed the issue was between Rollins and Big Show while another report was that Roman Reigns called out Randy Orton over a botched spot at a live event and that led to heat on him. Regardless of what happened, word is that there was a power struggle of sorts in that Vince McMahon wanted people punished and Triple H didn’t want them punished, so Triple H was fighting to keep them looking strong on TV.

- For what it’s worth, one person in WWE noted that the company has pulled all advertising for The Rock’s “Hero” reality show and perhaps coincidentally, had The Wyatt Family cut promos where they repeatedly mentioned there were no more heroes. In fact, the term “heroes” has been buried on WWE TV for three straight weeks. This could all be much ado about nothing though.

- As reportedfor weeks, there was some backstage heat on The Shield but their Money in the Bank pre-show match against The Usos was so good that whatever heat they had was pretty much gone after that match.

As previously reported, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns were the two that officials were upset with. People within WWE believe the heat was over something petty. One source believed the issue was between Rollins and Big Show while another report was that Roman Reigns called out Randy Orton over a botched spot at a live event and that led to heat on him. Regardless of what happened, word is that there was a power struggle of sorts in that Vince McMahon wanted people punished and Triple H didn’t want them punished, so Triple H was fighting to keep them looking strong on TV.

I guess Rock still has some heat from Vince. For now that is. And say what you want about HHH but he's really turning out to be great boss behind the scenes. Good looks for him.

All those reports sound manufactured. Rock is planned for WM30 and there's always "heat" on the new hot talent... Gimme a break

Back
Top Bottom